What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raptors looking good

They could get a good draft pick. They need to keep Bosh and work around him. Anyone promising in College that they could get for the power forward position

Well, Bosh is a power forward, and so is Charlie Villanueva. They are too small or untalented at the center position. I'd like to see them get Toronto native Jamaal Magliore, who would like to come home too. But they may wait till 07 and sign him as a free agent. Meanwhile Magliore is mentoring Adam Bogut with the Bucks. They played the Raptors last friday, and Bogut looked very good. The Bucks were too big for the Raptors, with Bogut, Magliore, and Gadzuric.

Meanwhile, the Raps had a nice OT win over Sac on Sunday. Jalen Rose hit the game winner. Ron Artest looked rusty on offence but played pretty well. Bibby is a great clutch shooter, almost single-handedly won the game.

Just traded Jalen Rose to the Knicks along with a first round draft choice, for Antonio Davis. Getting AD was a surprise as he (and his crazy wife) didn't like living in Canada and parted on bad terms last time.

But the main idea was to clear cap space by unloading Rose's huge contract which doesn't expire till one more season, while AD's expires at the end of this season. Hopefully we can sign a decent FA this off-season.

Been away a while. The Raptors signed exec of the year Bryan Colangelo away from the Suns to become our new team president and GM. Instant credibility for the franchise we hope. Looking forward to seeing what moves he makes this off-season.

Meanwhile the team is struggling to win close games.

Raptors are on the move with Bryan Colangelo. We drafted the next Nowitzki or Gasol (I hope) at #1. Before the draft we acquired Rasho Nesterovic from the Spurs, not a great center but serviceable and fills a crying need we had. Now we've traded Charlie V for TJ Ford. I hate to see CV go because I think he has a lot of upside, but we did have too many PF's, and now we have a fast young point guard.

BC isn't done remaking the roster yet. Still need to get a good scorer at the 2or 3 spot - maybe Ray Allen? Playoffs here we come next year.

The Raps may end up with 5-6 European players on the roster. Colangelo thinks they will like Toronto, a very cosmopolitan city, more than American players do. It will be an interesting experiment if we end up with a half-Euro roster.
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...ageid=968867503640&col=Columnist1091558619815

Latest posts