What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rava being rubbed out

Dragons4me

Juniors
Paul Crawley on NRL Tonight agreed with the 4 weeks. His reasoning? "Imagine how dangerous it would have been if Whitehead had slipped at the last minute before contact with Ravalawa" Well he didn't slip Paul so now we're going to determine penalties based on "what if's" are we? It was a hell of a tackle by Rava and I feel sorry for the guy. Awesome player in my books.

St Tangles

Bench
Paul Crawley on NRL Tonight agreed with the 4 weeks. His reasoning? "Imagine how dangerous it would have been if Whitehead had slipped at the last minute before contact with Ravalawa" Well he didn't slip Paul so now we're going to determine penalties based on "what if's" are we? It was a hell of a tackle by Rava and I feel sorry for the guy. Awesome player in my books.
Crawley is a flog nothing more nothing less

Dragon David

First Grade
That argument is ridiculous from Crawley. What if this, what if that, what if this player had tits, what if... Look, in any game players can slip as evidenced by Cleary slipping just before being hit high by Taukeiaho on the weekend. Is the tackler going to say ...." hhhmmm, how should I tackle this guy and should I be ready just in case he slips?"

This is a contact sport and you cannot get away from that fact. Accidents can happen but that's what the guys sign up to do for a living.

Crawley is bloody stupid for saying what he did. What if Rava slipped at the last moment and copped a knee in his face eh? No-one can predict all outcomes. Rava didn't expect to come out of this a loser. Again,the hardline on the Dragons keeps happening and I wonder if it will ever stop?

Gareth67

First Grade
Well I have had a sleep , but I am still seething about the judiciary’s heavy handiness against Rav . They took a whole 5 minutes to reach their decision- 5 minutes ! Simply unbelievable ! It takes me 5 minutes to walk from my arm chair to the loo and back - and that’s not including the time to have a puss .

Mongrels ! They had their minds well and truly made-up before the Dragon entered the room , more than likely following instructions given to them beforehand .

The judiciary panel must be a body of personnel without any affiliations whatsoever and also be fair minded , it is obvious that the current members are not - clean the lot of them out and replace them with more worthy and clear thinking personal .

Finally , V’landys has ruined the game that we love and he has done so all in the space of 1year , how incompetent this bloke is . Oh but for the days of Bill Buckley who knew what he was doing .

These idiots have a mandate from head office to "defend" PVL.... They campaigned to get rid of Todd Greenberg and since have been kissing Vlandys feet....

I haven't watched a game (any game) in the last two rounds. I haven't watched any NRL or NRL shows since State of Origin - apart from the Matt Johns interview with John Singleton last week. But even then there was blatant PVL-defence questioning in the interview for no relevant reason other than it's "the mandate"

Given the suspension - I went to watch a video of it... saw it...

So apparently this is a "shoulder charge" in the modern world of Peter Vlandys...

ravalawa2gt_6449_2021619184216.jpg

If this is what is considered worthy of a 4 week suspension.... It's a sad reflection of what this idiot has done to the game I've loved for 40 years, and justifies to me why it's not worth watching at the moment. I'll still and always love the Dragons as my team....but they play in a sport that's become a farce to watch and does me no good being angry each week at the level of ridiculousness this bloke has led what was once a proud sport into a circus.

#thanksvlandys
#sackvlandys

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade

Great clip Gourley ! Shows the absolute hypocrisy of V’landys and also it begs the question - why have such blatantly dangerous tackles been allowed to go unpunished , whereas the Dragons around the waist tackles are given a prison sentence .

Damn shame that we have to bear the brunt of the NRL’s crackdown on foul play whereas the real culprits not only get away with it , but continue on seemingly knowing that they will be safe .

A-holes the lot of them , including that ex-jockey who needs to get himself a job as a television executive , as he knows jack-shat about rugby league and a level playing field for all clubs .

St Tangles

Bench
Great clip Gourley ! Shows the absolute hypocrisy of V’landys and also it begs the question - why have such blatantly dangerous tackles been allowed to go unpunished , whereas the Dragons around the waist tackles are given a prison sentence .

Damn shame that we have to bear the brunt of the NRL’s crackdown on foul play whereas the real culprits not only get away with it , but continue on seemingly knowing that they will be safe .

A-holes the lot of them , including that ex-jockey who needs to get himself a job as a television executive , as he knows jack-shat about rugby league and a level playing field for all clubs .
That one clip shows the hypocrisy of the NRL more than any words that I can say

Dragon David

First Grade
What an absolute farce. Where is there consistency and fairness in all of this and as Gareth said earlier, Rava had already been found guilty, hung and drawn by the judiciary panel before he even entered the doorway of the hearing room? Only took 5 minutes to deliberate and hand down the decision. We could have had the best legal guy in the world handling this matter for Rava but there was no way that the men representing the judiciary were going to give him any chance of getting off, no chance whatever.

I feel for Rava and us Dragons fans and the way Peter V'landys carries on as if he can walk on water as depicted in Gourley's Socks' media video really does my head in. Who the bloody hell does he think he is, the smart arse?

Dragon David

First Grade
I have already sent it to Andrew Webster. He reckons he is going to write about it on Friday. We will see.
Good one Kiama Saint. Yes, lets hope that Webster can write a good story on this. Somebody has got to be in Rava and our corner which might show the treatment we are going through.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of it if in fact his article gets airing.

epDragon62

First Grade
I wrote to Webby and applauded the decision to challenge. To my delight, he replied very quickly and expressed some concern based on some angles.

In my view, like so many others, this is rubbish and the rules were not intended to bar tackles around the hips that Rava is so majestically executing.

It would not surprise me if he has watched JDB and I definitely think Gypsy has been helping him out... is JDB going to get rubbed out too for Exorceting players around the hips???

Latest posts