What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ravawala

j0nesy

Bench
I don't think we lost it in the forwards, we lost it from the bench.

The Warriors bench was used much more efficiently and they had major impacts on the play when they came on.
Tevaga played 42 minutes made 11 runs for 96m
Afoa played 40 minutes made 10 runs for 91m
Sao played 37 minutes made 10 runs for 83m
Lawton who actually carved us up played 20 minutes made 5 runs for 92m
(OMG! a replacement hooker on the bench and not a back in sight)

We had:
Latimore played 12 minutes (wow!) made 2 runs for 15m
Aitken played 29 minutes made 8 runs for 71m
Host played 24 minutes made 3 runs for 30m
Leilua played 52 minutes made 7 runs for 44m

Pretty obvious really, our use of the bench and the players selected there is useless. Only Leilua could possibly hold his head up as he also made 35 tackles at 100% efficiency.
I agree, our forwards were tired due to lack of rotation and impact off the bench. Why we keep carrying Lats I beyond me.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I know there are members here that value Rava and l'm not trying to upset them but for the life of me, l can't see how a coach would allow a player of his lack of ability to hold his place.

Slow in speed.

No idea how to tackle in defence of a goal line. He did do one very good tackle last night but heck, he runs into touch, offers no real individual talent to keep his place.

Time to try another young speedster.

possm

Coach
I know there are members here that value Rava and l'm not trying to upset them but for the life of me, l can't see how a coach would allow a player of his lack of ability to hold his place.

Slow in speed.

No idea how to tackle in defence of a goal line. He did do one very good tackle last night but heck, he runs into touch, offers no real individual talent to keep his place.

Time to try another young speedster.
Pearson should replace Rava.
Aitken to CC and Lomax at 3.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I warned that the lack of experienced wingers would bite us collectively on the arse...many laughed at me.

I imagine they’re not doing it now.

Old Timer

Coach
Agreed. Lomax made a low tackle on the line instead of going high and wrapping the ball. I agree with what most here have said about Rava but that try was the fault of Lomax. Hunt’s look after the try spoke volumes.
Hunt's look FMD he is speed hump and has nothing to look at other people for. Hunt is a big part of the RHS problem and he also loves to run up out of the line.
Lomax made a mistake so big deal others make them ad-nausium.
The big difference is Lomax will learn from them where the others have ignored them, failed to improve and get picked anyway.

gitano

Juniors
Yeah...great impact Aitken had...he comes on and we are leading 18 - 12 with 25 mins left...

we lose 26 - 18 after Aitken is injected into the game...2 tries are scored on his side of the field...

Yeah Aitken had a great impact...Warriors win 14 - 0 after he appears....
There's a lot more to rugby league that casual observers like yourself will always miss.

Pointless explaining.

Lomax is a dud btw.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I warned that the lack of experienced wingers would bite us collectively on the arse...many laughed at me.

I imagine they’re not doing it now.
I’ve been laughing at you since way before that and continue to do so..

18to87

First Grade
Hunt's look FMD he is speed hump and has nothing to look at other people for. Hunt is a big part of the RHS problem and he also loves to run up out of the line.
The big difference is Lomax will learn from them where the others have ignored them, failed to improve and get picked anyway.
The commentators were actually commenting on how well Hunt was defending right about until Lomax went off. Similar to that effect, Hunt's defence suddenly improved when Aitken was out last year too.

Dragon for life

Juniors
i wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s failed but it’s certainly a work in progress and a couple weeks to a month in the Reggie’s can only help him develop don’t throw him to the scrap heap he’s got talent but very very green needs to get some more personalized one on one coaching to bring him along
One on one coaching!! And who the f**k is going to give him that!
No offense, i’m just wondering who on the coaching staff is qualified.

denis preston

First Grade
Hunts defense has been great the past month. He played very well last night. If anyone thinks one play determines a game hasn't been watching sport for long.

Crush

Coach
Dragons have the worst backline in the competition.
Dufty is OK but miles off the top guys.
Ravalawa is literally the worst winger in the comp. I reckon we are getting a subsidy from the NRL for employing a special needs person.
Lomax is green as anything. He has potential but right now in this moment he is in the bottom quarter of all NRL centres without a doubt.
Lafai is slow and mediocre. He is serviceable at very best. Which clubs would sign him off contract now? Id suggest none.
Pereira is bog average at absolute best. He is surely just in the team because he is a nice bloke. Again, who signs him now to play starting wing in their club? Absolutely nobody. No chance he gets a run anywhere.

Our backline is the weakest I have ever seen. Its a disaster. This is the main reason why we suck right now.
The forwards are fine.
The halves are fine.
The backs are a disaster.

denis preston

First Grade
Dragons have the worst backline in the competition.
Dufty is OK but miles off the top guys.
Ravalawa is literally the worst winger in the comp. I reckon we are getting a subsidy from the NRL for employing a special needs person.
Lomax is green as anything. He has potential but right now in this moment he is in the bottom quarter of all NRL centres without a doubt.
Lafai is slow and mediocre. He is serviceable at very best. Which clubs would sign him off contract now? Id suggest none.
Pereira is bog average at absolute best. He is surely just in the team because he is a nice bloke. Again, who signs him now to play starting wing in their club? Absolutely nobody. No chance he gets a run anywhere.

Our backline is the weakest I have ever seen. Its a disaster. This is the main reason why we suck right now.
The forwards are fine.
The halves are fine.
The backs are a disaster.

Wow crush ! and you used to be so positive ! .I think you will find that the truth in what you say is somewhere in the middle.

Latest posts