What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ravawala

denis preston

First Grade
our thing is picking very marginal player expecting them to win us games with their rocks and diamonds approach, like Ravi and Aitken

all top teams pick a team, by understanding who overall are the best, most consistent players....then they STICK with that team for them to gel...its a tragedy our supercoach just doesnt get this!

overall our team all year ( when Normies back) should be this and they should be LEFT to play each week to form one unit

Dufty
Pearson
Lomax
Lafai
Periera
Norman ( Field until then)
Hunt

Luc
Frizz
Tariq
Jamma
Mcinnes
Vaughn

bench:

Lawrie
Timms
Kerr
Robson ( Field when Normie returns)

Aitken and Latts whould NEVER play for us again!

So no Simms or Host but 2 players who haven't touched a ball in the NRL ?

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The fact is we have 4 genuine Reserve grade wingers , The worst in the NRL to choose from . Last year BMoz , Ferguson and Oates were on the market and we ended up with what we have .

When we let BMoz go he was still as good as any in the world and to this day have never come close to replacing him . A clever club like the Roosters lose Ferguson and replace him with BMoz . We lose McDonald and replace him with the likes of Ravalawa , Maranta , Pearson .

Oates is again on the market talking to clubs . Pay him what he wants and get rid of the plodders and useless centres like Aitken to cover the costs .

upload_2019-5-13_17-33-35.png

slippery5

Juniors
Dragons have the worst backline in the competition.
Dufty is OK but miles off the top guys.
Ravalawa is literally the worst winger in the comp. I reckon we are getting a subsidy from the NRL for employing a special needs person.
Lomax is green as anything. He has potential but right now in this moment he is in the bottom quarter of all NRL centres without a doubt.
Lafai is slow and mediocre. He is serviceable at very best. Which clubs would sign him off contract now? Id suggest none.
Pereira is bog average at absolute best. He is surely just in the team because he is a nice bloke. Again, who signs him now to play starting wing in their club? Absolutely nobody. No chance he gets a run anywhere.

Our backline is the weakest I have ever seen. Its a disaster. This is the main reason why we suck right now.
The forwards are fine.
The halves are fine.
The backs are a disaster.
I'd rather have a green Lomax for a few games so he can ripen up into a 1st class centre, much like when Latrell was thrust into 1st grade & made a few inexperienced errors.

slippery5

Juniors
our thing is picking very marginal player expecting them to win us games with their rocks and diamonds approach, like Ravi and Aitken

all top teams pick a team, by understanding who overall are the best, most consistent players....then they STICK with that team for them to gel...its a tragedy our supercoach just doesnt get this!

overall our team all year ( when Normies back) should be this and they should be LEFT to play each week to form one unit

Dufty
Pearson
Lomax
Lafai
Periera
Norman ( Field until then)
Hunt

Luc
Frizz
Tariq
Jamma
Mcinnes
Vaughn

bench:

Lawrie
Timms
Kerr
Robson ( Field when Normie returns)

Aitken and Latts whould NEVER play for us again!
No Korbin???
Field at FB & it's something like my team

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Especially when we see two of our young backs from last year doing well in the top grade for Manly and the Warriors respectively.

While Garrick and Herbert are going well (from all accounts anyway), I referred to EXPERIENCED wingers. These two would’ve represented a massive game which under McIdiot would have been accentuated.

Frank Facer

First Grade
While Garrick and Herbert are going well (from all accounts anyway), I referred to EXPERIENCED wingers. These two would’ve represented a massive game which under McIdiot would have been accentuated.
I don't rate Herbert. I doubt he will be a long term first grader.

possm

Coach
Drop Lafai.... Bring Field into the centers,
With Lomax.
My only concern with this suggestion is Feild's defence. We can only see if this is an option by giving him a go at first opportunity. I doubt Mary would select Field at left centre if Lafai is available however, the more I think about this, the more I like it. Imagine, Field running off a well timed pass from Norman!

possm

Coach
Why drop Lafai. The left side defence has been very solid overall.
Because if we do not find a spot for Field, we are likely to lose him. Lafai and Aitken have come to the end of their time as first grade centres at Saints. It is time to move over for the likes of Lomax and maybe Field. If Saab and Pearson are selected to the wing in first grade, we finally have a full set of outside backs with speed to burn:
Dufty
Saab
Lomax
Field
Pearson
It may take a while for Saab to be selected however, if the above 5 players can play to their best ability in first grade, we very well could have a top line back 5.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Why drop Lafai. The left side defence has been very solid overall.

Speed
Speed
Speed
Ballskills
Energy
that will backup
& follow the play

An X-factor that disrupts defensive pattern

Someone who doesn’t have an air of entitlement engendered by constant selection despite limited tries in a key position.

His defence has improved

As a ranking NRL centre Lafai ATM is only just OK

As I’ve said, we’ve had f*ckall centre rotation for 5yrs - and they’ve been very ordinary centres with little improvement evidenced WTF

slippery5

Juniors
My only concern with this suggestion is Feild's defence. We can only see if this is an option by giving him a go at first opportunity. I doubt Mary would select Field at left centre if Lafai is available however, the more I think about this, the more I like it. Imagine, Field running off a well timed pass from Norman!
Yes. I hadn't thought of it either, could work & I thought his defence was sound on Saturday. But willonly happen if both Aitken & Lafai are injured.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Interesting idea of playing Field left centre. I hadn't given it any thought. I don't know if it would work or not, but it could be worth a try or 2.