Ravawala

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by RedVDave, May 11, 2019.

1. Carlton

Carlton Juniors

Ravalawa looks like a center, has size, has enough pace, is strong, can read the game and has a great pass.

But, he shouldn't be played at center in first grade until he has had some time there in CC. If he shows he understands the position bring him into first grade sooner rather than later.

2. possm

possm Coach

I agree. Very soon our best two wingers are going to be Saab and Pearson. Ravalawa and Pereira are going to have to be backup wingers or transform into centres. If we get Walker for Aitken then there will only be one centre job available.

I see Lomax as our long term fullback solution and Dufty as a stop gap solution at this stage.

3. Paddles

Paddles Juniors

Rava at centre is an interesting idea.

He does seem weak under the high ball (was lucky to be fouled when he dropped a sitter that could have led to a Dogs try) and seems to have a good pass (although I'd like to see more of them). These suggest a possible fit at centre.

On the flip-side, he's a super finisher in the making. He's bulldozed a few tries he had no business scoring, and the somersault try was spectacular. He's also like a forward running out of his own end.

But really, if we're honest, the only reason this is being considered is because the club's preferred centre stocks (all 3/4s really) are substandard and/or unsettled.