What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Hadley

Whino

Bench
The good news keeps on coming

Ray Hadley has been benched by Channel 9 and told his services are not required in 2020 — despite being under contract to call the footy.
The 2GB morning host had been a regular back-up caller to veteran Ray Warren for several years, often covering Friday night out-of-town games for the free-to-air network.

One of the country’s most experienced sports broadcasters, Hadley is a household name in rugby league from covering the game for over four decades on radio and TV.
nstead, Channel 9 is using Rabbits Warren and Matt Thompson — the commentator dubbed “the invisible man” after it was revealed by his Nine colleague Neil Breen that there is an edict at Channel 9 not to show Thompson’s head on television.

Nine will also use little known Brisbane-based caller Peter Psaltis for NRL games out of Queensland, instead of Hadley.

When contacted by The Sunday Telegraph, he declined to comment and suggested we call Nine’s new head of sport Brett Williams, who made the decision to cut him.
''
Ray’s under contract but he’s not in our plans for this year,” Williams said. “That’s basically it. We’ve got four callers and we don’t need four. We’re happy to go with three.”

Hadley earlier this year stood down from the 2GB Continuous Call team after more than 30 years, but had always planned to continue on television.

He will still call State of Origin and the NRL grand final for 2GB.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/0041db8e4388f9d067848d82adba05b4

Brutus

Referee
Peter Psaltis > Ray Hadley

Looking forward to many years of listening to Salty call the footy.

Salty is a true fan of the game and he has a great voice for a footy caller.

See ya Ray.

blue bags

First Grade
two igiiber ebbees are not grubs:) there is alot of good people there, just a few lets them down into the sewer pitt maggotsback grubs that belong rot in hell :cool:

Dodgy

Juniors
I had a vague idea Thompson was a hefty bloke. I didn't think he was a warthog. More like Luke Ricketson's fat brother.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I didn't think Raaaayyyy was calling much anyway, hasn't he stopped with 2GB as well?

Channel 9 is using Rabbits Warren and Matt Thompson — the commentator dubbed “the invisible man” after it was revealed by his Nine colleague Neil Breen that there is an edict at Channel 9 not to show Thompson’s head on television.

Pffft exactly what does Breen mean anyway, is Thompson the dentist that cant show us his face??

Please, I know what he looks like from the days of Fox Sports. He was Fox Sports News presenter from 2006 to 2008 and was the main caller in the Under 20s comp.

I didn't think Raaaayyyy was calling much anyway, hasn't he stopped with 2GB as well?

Pffft exactly what does Breen mean anyway, is Thompson the dentist that cant show us his face??

Please, I know what he looks like from the days of Fox Sports. He was Fox Sports News presenter from 2006 to 2008 and was the main caller in the Under 20s comp.

I've just googled him, his photo is on the tinternet.

gordsy

Juniors

At a guess i'd say it relates to this https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...d/news-story/2054d4eda6d2e39314475bc4df147ce2