What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Hadley

blue bags

First Grade
Ray Hadley called a producer’s girlfriend a “curry muncher” and tried to ensure an Indigenous witness and ex-colleague was dropped from a workplace bullying case, it has been alleged in court.

The case, being brought by Hadley’s former panel operator Chris Bowen alleges the racial slur against Bowen’s then partner, Naomi Shivaraman, happened during 16 years of vicious abuse.

The NSW District Court heard on Friday that Hadley had bullied, harassed and intimidated his client on “no less than 1,000 occasions”.

Mr Bowen is suing Hadley for negligence and breaching his duty of care.

He alleges that while they worked together at the leading radio station, Hadley called him a “f***ing nice person” a “f***ing spastic” and a “poor simpleton”.

It was also alleged in court that when Hadley’s former 2GB colleague Luke Bona, who is Indigenous, was revealed as a potential witness in the harassment case, Hadley texted him the next day.

c068bbd324f549b5b61c8a9ae2cbfea4

It was alleged Ray Hadley referred to Chris Bowen’s then partner Naomi Shivaraman as a ‘curry muncher’, the court heard.Source:News Limited

3a43112605b350d3753239838cd633c6

Chris Bowen, pictured with Ray Hadley in 2014, is suing the star broadcaster for alleged workplace bullying.Source:News Corp Australia

In the text, Hadley wrote “I want you to know how sorry I am for you’re being dragged into” the case and described Mr Bowen as “crazy”.

Two days later, Hadley’s executive producer John Redman sent a text saying if Mr Bona’s son Jake, who had also worked at 2GB “wants to come back as a panel operator it’s a done deal”.

Mr Bowen’s lawyer John Laxon said Hadley was trying to have the matter dismissed and the statement of claims against him set aside, but that the matter would be heard in May next year.

He said they would be attempting to keep the identities of potential witnesses in the case for as long as possible from Hadley before the matter again goes before court.

An order has been made that Hadley’s lawyers receive a precis of the case against him with the names of witnesses six weeks before the hearing date.

The court heard, from counsel for Hadley, there was no evidence of the “very serious” allegations the broadcaster had attempted to intimidate potential witnesses.

the case will return to court on May 17, 2021.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...r/news-story/3a41dc28ab0b0f16decfb7c69f8493fb

Generalzod

Immortal
Ray Hadley called a producer’s girlfriend a “curry muncher” and tried to ensure an Indigenous witness and ex-colleague was dropped from a workplace bullying case, it has been alleged in court.

The case, being brought by Hadley’s former panel operator Chris Bowen alleges the racial slur against Bowen’s then partner, Naomi Shivaraman, happened during 16 years of vicious abuse.

The NSW District Court heard on Friday that Hadley had bullied, harassed and intimidated his client on “no less than 1,000 occasions”.

Mr Bowen is suing Hadley for negligence and breaching his duty of care.

He alleges that while they worked together at the leading radio station, Hadley called him a “f***ing nice person” a “f***ing spastic” and a “poor simpleton”.

It was also alleged in court that when Hadley’s former 2GB colleague Luke Bona, who is Indigenous, was revealed as a potential witness in the harassment case, Hadley texted him the next day.

c068bbd324f549b5b61c8a9ae2cbfea4

It was alleged Ray Hadley referred to Chris Bowen’s then partner Naomi Shivaraman as a ‘curry muncher’, the court heard.Source:News Limited

3a43112605b350d3753239838cd633c6

Chris Bowen, pictured with Ray Hadley in 2014, is suing the star broadcaster for alleged workplace bullying.Source:News Corp Australia

In the text, Hadley wrote “I want you to know how sorry I am for you’re being dragged into” the case and described Mr Bowen as “crazy”.

Two days later, Hadley’s executive producer John Redman sent a text saying if Mr Bona’s son Jake, who had also worked at 2GB “wants to come back as a panel operator it’s a done deal”.

Mr Bowen’s lawyer John Laxon said Hadley was trying to have the matter dismissed and the statement of claims against him set aside, but that the matter would be heard in May next year.

He said they would be attempting to keep the identities of potential witnesses in the case for as long as possible from Hadley before the matter again goes before court.

An order has been made that Hadley’s lawyers receive a precis of the case against him with the names of witnesses six weeks before the hearing date.

The court heard, from counsel for Hadley, there was no evidence of the “very serious” allegations the broadcaster had attempted to intimidate potential witnesses.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...r/news-story/3a41dc28ab0b0f16decfb7c69f8493fb
It’s not his go seriously curry muncher.....how original is that..

blue bags

First Grade

nearly a year in time how convenient

Generalzod

Immortal

nearly a year in time how convenient

Suitman

Post Whore
Why does it take so long to get back to court? That's almost 12 months!!
I've certainly got my views on this but I wouldn't post them here. One only has to listen to one of Hadley's rants.

undertaker

Coach
Despite all the public complaints and lawsuits against Hadley in recent years (e.g. defamation with Andrew Voss, bullying with 2GB employees), the only reason that I can think of why he's still there at 2GB is because the people filing those lawsuits so far have been men.

You watch what happens if a female wins a lawsuit against him for whatever reason...there will be enough pressure put on him from women in the media to get him sacked.

Last edited:

undertaker

Coach

I remember Stan Zemanek used to call people that on his radio show back in the '90s.

Raaaaaaaay mirrored the whole "shock jock" schtick from Stan, but has only achieved a fraction of the popularity, ratings and sponsors that Zemanek had during his peak.

IIRC, Raaaaaay had his own tv show on Sky News a few years ago and it was a flop. Little wonder when he had guests on his program such as Rebecca Wilson!

Last edited:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
He'll keep floating through life being a total peice of shit with no consequence. Girl im currently dating just had a "raaaaaay" type as her last.boss of a job she absolutely loved having and had to leave as the bullying and harassment was causing her some real mental problems.

Assed his way through any allegations thrown at him.and continued being a piece of shit to other staff beneath him and has not needed to worry about a thing during the entire covid crisis due to business they are in. Ray will be the same, some sick universal law lets them exist and be successful

Watched Matt Johns’ interview with him tonight.

Gotta say I really enjoyed it, and IMO Ray Hadley came across very genuine and honest. Which many people would no doubt scoff at..

Probably would be the best of MJ’s interviews in this format. Even if you can’t stand the guy or have a negative opinion of him, I reckon it’d still be an interesting watch for some..

Nealo 12

Bench
Watched Matt Johns’ interview with him tonight.

Gotta say I really enjoyed it, and IMO Ray Hadley came across very genuine and honest. Which many people would no doubt scoff at..

Probably would be the best of MJ’s interviews in this format. Even if you can’t stand the guy or have a negative opinion of him, I reckon it’d still be an interesting watch for some..
Yes I thought it was good as well , I’ve never got all the hate against him either

The_Frog

First Grade
I remember Stan Zemanek used to call people that on his radio show back in the '90s.

Raaaaaaaay mirrored the whole "shock jock" schtick from Stan, but has only achieved a fraction of the popularity, ratings and sponsors that Zemanek had during his peak.
And Zemanek copied it from John Pearce. It is a time honoured strategy in broadcasting, popularity through unpopularity. It's all theatre. Gus Gould does it well too.

What isn't theatre is the manner in which Hadley treats those he holds power over, but that's nothing new either.

Latest posts