What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Hadley

Hawkins

Juniors
Since Matty was given more of a starring role on Fox Sports when Fox first did a major revamp of their weekly RL programs and lineup at the start of the previous tv rights deal in 2013, Matty's influence has been very obvious when you look at all the people who've regularly or semi-regularly appeared on his shows since then.

"It's not what you know; it's who you know", and that expression has been true in the NRL media.

They do know he's the Johns brother that they didn't want to keep at the Knights

Mark B

Juniors
Haha it's funny the criticism Crawley gets. I struggle to notice it as much as he seems really tolerable when you put him next to the turds Kent and Hooper haha.
Creepy has pulled his mug in recently. Something has triggered his change on that show. I think his brother was on Ricky Stuart’s coaching team and whilst that was in effect he was up Ricky and was just as bad as Kent. Creepy has really pulled back from that now with Baldy Hooper taking his place.

Mark B

Juniors
Right about Hadley and Kent. But what about Crawley's weekly contributions ? How does he get a gig ?
Oh, that's right, he knows someone in high places.....
Creepy Crawley’s older brother Steve is the head of Fox Sports. So the disease of nepotism has infected Creepy.

Brutus

Referee
Yeah, it's interesting when you look at all the commentators, panelists and hosts on Fox League, and how many of them are either good mates with Matty, or have had connections with him from his time at Channel 9 or Triple M.

Since Matty was given more of a starring role on Fox Sports when Fox first did a major revamp of their weekly RL programs and lineup at the start of the previous tv rights deal in 2013, Matty's influence has been very obvious when you look at all the people who've regularly or semi-regularly appeared on his shows since then.

"It's not what you know; it's who you know", and that expression has been true in the NRL media.

That's the only reason Emma Freedman gets a gig on Matty's Sunday night show.

She knows nothing about rugby league and used to admit as much.

She's Matty's mate.

Sock puppet.

gordsy

Juniors
That's the only reason Emma Freedman gets a gig on Matty's Sunday night show.

She knows nothing about rugby league and used to admit as much.

She's Matty's mate.

Sock puppet.
Is that friend as in the type of friends Cam Smith and Vonny were said to be ?

souths_reborn

Juniors
If you want a laugh turn the sound off when Hadley is speaking. His mouth and face look like he has been speeded up!
I would turn the sound off when Hadley is speaking full stop. The sound of his voice and his bogan accent is nauseating. The guy need some serious elocution lessons. I cannot believe Paul Vaughan didn't stand up and put Hadley in his place the other night. Remember, this was the same guy who came crying back to his employer after being terminated for bullying!

African Monkey

First Grade
I would turn the sound off when Hadley is speaking full stop. The sound of his voice and his bogan accent is nauseating. The guy need some serious elocution lessons. I cannot believe Paul Vaughan didn't stand up and put Hadley in his place the other night. Remember, this was the same guy who came crying back to his employer after being terminated for bullying!
Yeah, you'll struggle to find someone more into themselves than Ray Hadley. He makes Paul Kent seem half decent which I didn't think was possible.

Mark B

Juniors
Hadley is the king of outrage. If Commissioner Fuller did tell him he was sending a team of his best detectives to investigate the Dragons party fiasco then that will do me. Thank all that is good that the merkin is retiring soon. No doubt the next commissioner will continue to suck up to the likes of Ray.

Latest posts