What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Hadley's posistion under threat....

Aragorn

First Grade
Yeah, being a kiwi myself, I'm embarrassed at how bad Dale Husband and Darly Halligan are as our commentators - are they really the best we have? constant cringing....

some11

Referee
:lol: @ you idiots...

your mocking the guy for actually pronouncing there names correctly...

Just sounds funny because our commentators pronounce them 'wrong' and that's what we're used to.

I want to know if Jorge Taufua prefers 'George' or 'Horhay'. Yo soy tu Papa :lol:

Last edited:

Sugar

Bench
I had a LOL at them calling player names during the game.
One of them was going a touch overboard with the accent.
Funniest one was JA ROOM RUPETE

I remember a Kiwis league test last year and Halligan kept announcing Forans name differently each time he said it. He'd alternate between For-an and Forr-an.

He's hilarious.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
The majority of Pacific Islander and Maori names are pronounced wrong by Aussie commentators, prime examples are Dean Whare, Sam Kasiano , pronunciation is probably the only thing I like about Dale Husband's commentary. But I hate QLD commentators the most though, the second game on friday night is always boring as f#ck.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
I don't like him. One of the problems we have is that sports broadcasting is monopolised by Sky TV so they can do whatever they want with impunity. The sooner that racket is broken up the better.

In the meantime maybe someone should email Sky a link to this thread.

Rod

Bench
Sky would not give a shit about this thread, most of it is dribble.

Husband, whether you like his commentating style or not, is pronouncing their names correctly. It might sound over the top but that's because we are used to hearing these sorts of names pronounced in a certain way by other commentators. He probably adds extra emphasis to certain syllables for effect but that's his style.

They are not the greatest commentators though, and make a lot of obvious mistakes. They are biased yes, but no worse than listening to the Fox team call a Warriors away game and basically cheerleading the home side while mentioning the Warriors tiring forwards.

Brutus

Referee
Good on the Husband for pronouncing these names the way they are supposed to be pronounced.

Canard

Immortal
Sky would not give a shit about this thread, most of it is dribble.

Especially when as ECT mentions its just a whinge because a certain team lost.

Bias seems to mean they don't give 100% one-eyed support that agrees with my views. So Phil Gould, Ben Ikin, Locky, Wally etc. blowing smoke up the Broncos arse is "unbiased" commentary, and dare some Kiwis not treat them like they are the greatest team in history.

betcats

Referee
The Kiwi commentators on fox are horrible, every call that went against the kiwis one of em was trying to throw some doubt over the decision no matter how blatantly correct the call was. Hurrel gets tackled, plants the ball on the ground before getting to his feet and knocks on, easy call and yet the Kiwi commentary is something like " And the broncos will get the ball 30 out, somewhat fortuitously some might say..". GTFOH you merkin.

firechild

First Grade
Especially when as ECT mentions its just a whinge because a certain team lost.

Bias seems to mean they don't give 100% one-eyed support that agrees with my views. So Phil Gould, Ben Ikin, Locky, Wally etc. blowing smoke up the Broncos arse is "unbiased" commentary, and dare some Kiwis not treat them like they are the greatest team in history.

And yet Pete somehow still believes Wally is biased AGAINST the Donkeys. Listening to Fatty, Lockyer and Lewis you could be forgiven for thinking that only 1 team was playing.

Big Pete

Referee
And yet Pete somehow still believes Wally is biased AGAINST the Donkeys. Listening to Fatty, Lockyer and Lewis you could be forgiven for thinking that only 1 team was playing.

You obviously don't watch our games then.

Fatty & Lewis talk the Broncos down at every opportunity, every ref. call is wrong (until they're clearly shown otherwise and even then...) & all our tries are a result of the other team being bad rather than us being good.

Just ask other Broncos fans what they think of them covering our games and you'd get the same response.

Lockyer is the only one who exclusively talks about the Broncos...and that's because the commentators only cross to him to give insight on certain players.

Saints fan

Juniors
I don't like him. One of the problems we have is that sports broadcasting is monopolised by Sky TV so they can do whatever they want with impunity. The sooner that racket is broken up the better.

In the meantime maybe someone should email Sky a link to this thread.

TBH, I can live with a couple of poor commentators once in a while if it means we get every NRL game live every week.

Mortar

Juniors
You obviously don't watch our games then.

Fatty & Lewis talk the Broncos down at every opportunity, every ref. call is wrong (until they're clearly shown otherwise and even then...) & all our tries are a result of the other team being bad rather than us being good.

Just ask other Broncos fans what they think of them covering our games and you'd get the same response.

Lockyer is the only one who exclusively talks about the Broncos...and that's because the commentators only cross to him to give insight on certain players.

100% correct.

Firechild stop being a deluded, whiny bitch.

Valheru

Coach
The NZ commentators are bias but their actually commentary skill is ok... well it is at least better than Hadley.

Hadley is just garbage and seems to be watching a different game to everyone else. He tends to describe events during a game that just don’t happen i.e. “he is straight through” when a runner is routinely tackled.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Bring back Costo!!!

Oh god no!! Bring back Graham Hughes who was before him.

I think Costo's in politics these days.

I found the commentary annoying but its mainly Halligan. He couldnt be anymore biased and his voice is annoying.

Husband isnt too bad atm, as long as he's not over the top like "MAAAAAAANUUUUUUU". I dont have a problem with the pronounciation of the Islander names.

There was a NYC game he called with either Guttenbiel or Richie Barnett, I thought it wasnt too bad.

Latest posts