What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Hadley's posistion under threat....

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
No. Our commentators are still not biased. They are dreadful, incoherent morons, but not biased. The same threads used to come up when North Queenslander Jason Costigan and Warrior-hating Doggies fan Daryl Halligan were the commentators. The fact they're the one commentary team in the world with a clue about our team doesn't mean they're biased.

And yes, Husband is pronouncing the names correctly and the way they are pronounced by all Australian commentators is disgraceful.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Especially when as ECT mentions its just a whinge because a certain team lost.

Bias seems to mean they don't give 100% one-eyed support that agrees with my views. So Phil Gould, Ben Ikin, Locky, Wally etc. blowing smoke up the Broncos arse is "unbiased" commentary, and dare some Kiwis not treat them like they are the greatest team in history.

Well......I don't know who you think you're speaking for but I certainly didn't start the thread because the Broncos lost.

I mean......how do the commentators have anything to do with the outcome of the game? :?

As for their perceived bias.....sure it was there, but it didn't really bother me at all, in fact, I expected it.

Kiwi commentators, supporting a Kiwi team, being played in.....gasp!!

New Zealand.

Who would have thought it.

The little brother jealousy and envy from NZ is never too far away.

as a NQ Cowboys fan you would know all about little brother / big brother bitter envy

....yes?

The thread was started because I didn't know who the two Kiwi neanderthals were......it wasn't any Warrior bias that shitted me off. It was just their general piss poor calling of the game. They were all over the shop. In the 1st 10 min they called a Wallace 40/20 a NZ feed.....not realising it was actually a 40/20

.....it only got worse from there

and I found Husband's voice and theatrical pronunciation of players names extremely annoying.

Back to the drawing board for little brother .......

Canard

Immortal
Also goes to show that fans of certain clubs obviously watch only games that there teams are playing in.

These guys commentate once every two weeks, yet the NZ commentary is biased threads only get made about once every 6 months.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Also goes to show that fans of certain clubs obviously watch only games that there teams are playing in.

It could also show that some have had to rely on CH9 for the last couple of years and haven't had the pleasure of watching NZ play at home with these Fox sports commentators.........

firechild

First Grade
It could also show that some have had to rely on CH9 for the last couple of years and haven't had the pleasure of watching NZ play at home with these Fox sports commentators.........

Must be very tough when your team gets shafted to Foxtel once or twice every season.

Yeah, being a kiwi myself, I'm embarrassed at how bad Dale Husband and Darly Halligan are as our commentators - are they really the best we have? constant cringing....

Halligan is bad.

Husband will go better with time and a better co-commentator along side with him.

Listening to ANY kiwi speak is very annoying. They have the most annoying androtropy accent of any Nation.

That is ironic coming from an aussie.

I bet if you had a world survey and asked which accent is more annoying out of an Aussie or Kiwi? I'll put money on that they will choose the maaaates (Mate or bro) and sexxxxxx (Six) :lol:

firechild

First Grade

I bet if you had a world survey and asked which accent is more annoying out of an Aussie or Kiwi? I'll put money on that they will choose the maaaates (Mate or bro) and sexxxxxx (Six) :lol:

I reckon half the world wouldn't even know Aussies and Kiwis sounded different.

TheRam

Coach
I like them and think they do a fine job and I'm an aussie. Hadley is the worst bar none.

Dr_Deez

Juniors
SKY NZ League crew are horrible, not just the commentators but our presenters and weekly league show are a joke. SKY put so much into Rugby that they just have nothing left and give us League fans 3rd rate rubbish. Since Voss ain't got a full time NRL roll I'd like to see him atleast doing the Warriors games, Halligan is a fool, sounds like a drunk robot.

Valheru

Coach

I bet if you had a world survey and asked which accent is more annoying out of an Aussie or Kiwi? I'll put money on that they will choose the maaaates (Mate or bro) and sexxxxxx (Six)

Well 96% of people wouldn’t be able to tell us apart and 98% of people would never have heard of NZ.

Latest posts