What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Price

Tank30

Juniors
eelavation said:
I know for a fact that Telstra stadium do well with Weddings in their function rooms.

I am sure they do....I have been to a work function there myself...

However they also held the Olympics there, socceroos matches, State of origin, grand finals etc....

The place has corporate history and also has excellent facilities for functions with historical statues/paintings of people who have excelled in sporting endeavors there...

While at Parra stadium they have had what exactly???? and now they are taking away reference to a legend that excelled in sporting endeavors there...

I can understand how you could conceive of comparing Telstra stadium to Parra stadium....:crazy:

Gronk

Staff member
Save Ray Price Lounge: Fitzgerald

December 12, 2007 - 3:53PM

Parramatta boss Denis Fitzgerald has put a personal feud with a club legend aside and asked the Parramatta Stadium Trust to overturn its decision to rename the Ray Price Lounge.

Dual international Price, who won four grand finals with the Eels, and Parramatta's blue and gold army of fans were outraged when the trust announced the amenity, at Parramatta Stadium, would be renamed the Cumberland Lounge.

"On Monday morning I sent a letter to the Parramatta Stadium Trust on behalf of the board of the Parramatta Eels requesting the Parramatta Stadium Trust overturn their decision to rename the Ray Price Lounge," Fitzgerald told a news conference.

"That letter is going to be tabled at the meeting of the Parramatta Stadium Trust tomorrow morning for consideration.

"So I'm hopeful and confident that the trust will change their minds and keep the Ray Price Lounge where it has been since the stadium opened in 1986."

Fitzgerald, who is a stadium trustee, admitted to an earlier falling out with the former Parramatta warhorse, but denied he'd had anything to do with the name change, which was reportedly made for "business strategy" reasons.

"It's well documented that I don't necessarily see eye-to-eye with Ray Price and haven't for a long time," Fitzgerald said.

"But it was never my intention to do anything with changing the name of that lounge because it's recognition of the great service and the legendary status that Ray Price has well earned here at Parramatta Stadium.

"The fan reaction (was) overwhelming but the disappointing factor as far as the Parramatta Eels club were concerned was that the trust did not consult the Parramatta Eels club nor me prior to them making that decision.

"And, whilst I'm a trustee of Parramatta Stadium, I was overseas when that decision was made and had nothing to do with that decision.

"I've told the trust general manager that I won't be voting since I didn't vote on the original decision.

"I'd like to think that the trustees who originally voted, that they'll be the ones who appreciate ... that there's overwhelming support to not change that name and that they will recognise that that decision shouldn't have been made in the first place and they'll rectify it tomorrow morning."

© 2007 AAP

http://news.theage.com.au/save-ray-price-lounge-fitzgerald/20071212-1gmr.html

Hellsy

Immortal
Brett Kenny said on the news tonight that they can take his 'hill' off him if that is Parra's attitude also.

I propose the Nathan Hindmarsh Hill :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

fish eel

Immortal
Suitman said:
:clap: :clap:

I'm flabbergasted.

Suity

Yep.

Great stuff and comments by Fitzy. Shame it's almost a week after the event and we had the negative stories, but good none the less

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
Yep.

Great stuff and comments by Fitzy. Shame it's almost a week after the event and we had the negative stories, but good none the less

considering Delboy had tipped us on it on sunday that it would happen 2 days after the story broke it wasn't bad going imo.

GizLoki

Juniors
ABSOLUTELY STUNNED. Can't believe he's actually done the right thing ! ....pick me off the floor !

Well, for the first time in a long time, well done Fitzy (albeit a bit late - but better than never right !?).

^b0ss^

Juniors
omg ....i read this whole thread i was nearly getting a bit of rope out ...i couldnt believe it now there talking about reversing it ...thank god ....i hope they do the right thing by Ray legend of the game.