What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Price

Nikki

Coach
Yes, I think that has been stated over and over again, but we would have to be kidding ourselves if we didnt think they worked together at some stage.

Parra Guru

Coach
parra pete said:
The decision was made by the Parramatta Stadium Trust...NOT the Parramatta Eels Football Club...

:lol:

......who, as the major tennants, should have had the balls to stand up for Pricey.

bartman

Immortal
One suggestion that hasn't been made yet in this thread (I think)...

Why not call it the "Ray Price Cumberland Lounge"?

Best of both worlds, you can drop either part of the moniker for specific purposes if needed. Eg wedding invites could just say "Cumberland Lounge" if people wanted and the joint signage would still make it easy to find/identify. Similarly for those booking the space where footy was a selling point, they could refer to it just as the "Ray Price Lounge" and everyone is happy.

After all, Pricey was known for the Cumberland Throw tackling technique, so the names go together well. Weilder, if you are reading how about giving this idea some press, it'd not be much of a backdown for the Trust and still achieves their stated aim for the naming decision?

bartman

Immortal
Oh, and at least this story has resulted in a great batch of 25 Pricey photos on the Tele website...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/gallery/0,22056,5028046-5012667,00.html

Including this one :lol::

0,,5787789,00.jpg

strider

Post Whore
u can see pricey is loving that photo while denis is like, "yeah yeah have u taken it lets get on with things" :lol: :lol: ..... did they always not get along? or could this have been from a time when they did get along?

bartman

Immortal
strider said:
u can see pricey is loving that photo while denis is like, "yeah yeah have u taken it lets get on with things" :lol: :lol: ..... did they always not get along? or could this have been from a time when they did get along?
I believe there was a healthy worker-boss type of "antagonism" between them all along, although I could be wrong...

eelaholic

First Grade
clearly the name "cumberland lounge" was not good enough for the leagues club

however "tingha palace" is??

why the hell are we taking the footy out of our LEAGUES club and stadium??

As someone who would most likely would get married on the sacred turf of parra stadium (and has always wanted to), I for one would much rather have the reception at the Ray Price lounge!! Hell, I'd even want him to give me away!!

fish eel said:
Yes Pete....and DF is on the trust....

As is Alan Overton, who I have just spoken with.

As this is a Conflict of Interest on the Stadium Trust Board, (which is what got it moved to the SFS group any rate). Both Alan and Denis Could NOT vote on this action.

Alan as the President of the club has Drafted a letter to be sent by the board to the Stadium Trust Urging them to reverse their decision.

Now that was what was said to me, now if you want to not believe me, that is fine. If you want to poke holes in the story go for your life.

In my Personal Opinion, on a Political side can't you just see it. The eels Move two games away because of the increase in rental. The Stadium Trust decide (without Alan or Denis Present (Alan at Bernie Bantons Funeral and Denis at the CEO's Conference) to start a PR war against the club. But maybe I am just a conspiracy theorist.

fish eel

Immortal
MarkInTheStands said:
As is Alan Overton, who I have just spoken with.

As this is a Conflict of Interest on the Stadium Trust Board, (which is what got it moved to the SFS group any rate). Both Alan and Denis Could NOT vote on this action.

Alan as the President of the club has Drafted a letter to be sent by the board to the Stadium Trust Urging them to reverse their decision.

Now that was what was said to me, now if you want to not believe me, that is fine. If you want to poke holes in the story go for your life.

In my Personal Opinion, on a Political side can't you just see it. The eels Move two games away because of the increase in rental. The Stadium Trust decide (without Alan or Denis Present (Alan at Bernie Bantons Funeral and Denis at the CEO's Conference) to start a PR war against the club. But maybe I am just a conspiracy theorist.

My question Mark, and it's not about poking holes.

Surely this was discussed previously? Perhaps it was even listed as an agenda item that was circulated?

Why do we wait until several days after the decision to write a letter? Surely there was an opportunity to do this before? And if not, why did we not come out strongly as soon as the story broke?

strider

Post Whore
Did Ray write to the club expressing his massive disappointment about it before talking to the Tele? maybe they didn't realise it would be as big an issue as it is (which is probably poor judgement to an extent - but they had renamed something else for him, so maybe they didn't think it as big an issue???)

I'm not making excuses for anyone and i think it was a bad decision, but we hardly know the full story do we

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
Did Ray write to the club expressing his massive disappointment about it before talking to the Tele? maybe they didn't realise it would be as big an issue as it is (which is probably poor judgement to an extent - but they had renamed something else for him, so maybe they didn't think it as big an issue???)

I'm not making excuses for anyone and i think it was a bad decision, but we hardly know the full story do we

Ray probably didnt write, perhaps he rang, but didnt speak to fitzy because he was at the hunter, so left a message just saying 'you're a **** denis' and denis probably just oh well ray is still pissed.

strider

Post Whore
perhaps perhaps perhaps ..... i'm betting ray never bothered cos he didn't want to waste his time - but when appraoched by the media he decided to let his feelings out .... which is fair enough I think ...... but it means parra never really knew he was really upset about it and unfortunately don't really think deeply enough about such things until its too late

eelaholic

First Grade
like you said strider, we never really know the full story of what goes on inside the club.........only the speculation

Gronk

Staff member
For mine I have faith in both Ovo & the Ayatolah to make the right decisions for the club, the fans and past and present players.

My gut feeling is that the Trust made this decision based on some marketing guy with a ponytail's recommendation with a view on increasing turnover. Their concerns for a past player's feelings would be minimal.

Also, the Auditor-General has raised concerns over the years about the conflict of interest that exists in having members of the board from the stadiums only tenant. That fact would leave us with no alternative but to abstain from voting.

www.audit.nsw.gov.au