What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Price

fish eel

Immortal
I'd suggest the biggest problem the trust has $$$ wise isn't how often the room is hired out but the fact the stadium is really only used by what you could call a decent tennat 11 or 12 times a year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
I'd suggest the biggest problem the trust has $$$ wise isn't how often the room is hired out but the fact the stadium is really only used by what you could call a decent tennat 11 or 12 times a year.

and they also appear to be increasing the charges to use the ground, which isn't a very enticing tactic, especially when your major tenant is rumoured to be negotiating with a rival stadium to play all their games there from 09 onwards..

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
it's only as big an issue as the media make out, they are masters at tugging on the heartstrings of supporters and we seem to have lost focus on the fact that a particular suite was re-named after him which seems to be dismissed by all and sundry.

Everyone knew where the ray price lounge was. I dont and you said you didnt know where this corporate suite was.

In any case, if you think this is being beat up, wait until you see how they beat up, what I am starting to think is the inevitable permanent relocation to homebush

'cash strapped eels flee heartland'

blx

Juniors
i've always maintained and still do.

as long as Fitzy is our prez we wont be going anywhere.

the guy continues to shoot this club into farce. the worst president ive ever witnessed in any sporting club.

Stagger eel

Staff member
blx said:
i've always maintained and still do.

as long as Fitzy is our prez we wont be going anywhere.

the guy continues to shoot this club into farce. the worst president ive ever witnessed in any sporting club.

I agree he should be withdrawing troops in Iraq immidiately!!!..however how do you rate him as a CEO ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
Everyone knew where the ray price lounge was. I dont and you said you didnt know where this corporate suite was.

In any case, if you think this is being beat up, wait until you see how they beat up, what I am starting to think is the inevitable permanent relocation to homebush

'cash strapped eels flee heartland'

the media aren't really interested in which suite was named after Pricey hence the reason why we don't know much about it..

and see my post above yours...there are definitely bigger issues out there.

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
the media aren't really interested in which suite was named after Pricey hence the reason why we don't know much about it..

and see my post above yours...there are definitely bigger issues out there.

Yeah, I saw that.

And as I said, you think the tele beat this up, wait until they beat up the relocation.

There is clearly a story waiting to be told about our club, and to be honest, I'm not sure whether we should be thankful or not it hasnt been told.

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
:lol: :lol: - have a whinge fishy :lol:

If I'm gonna whinge about anything it's that I've spent all this time stirring the pot and mits hasnt come in ffs.

SethGecko

Juniors
It's a hard decision but the stadium are trying to market themselves as best they can. Who wants their wedding invites to say 'Ray Price lounge'? Unless you're a Parra tragic it's not what you want. What they're doing is expanding their target market.

Even so, as a Manly supporter I have immense respect for Price. He was a warrior and achieved it all. I kinda see him in the same situation as Grahame Eadie. Both of them were great players at the wrong time. The big money started appearing afew years later.

But after calling it after Price to change it is a slap in the face and a bad idea.

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
Yeah, I saw that.

And as I said, you think the tele beat this up, wait until they beat up the relocation.

There is clearly a story waiting to be told about our club, and to be honest, I'm not sure whether we should be thankful or not it hasnt been told.

I for one am astounded that they haven't caught up with the Parra stadium V Telstra stadium debarcle given Fitzy's and Ovo's involvement with ST!!

surely there's a story right there...

Tank30

Juniors
SethGecko said:
It's a hard decision but the stadium are trying to market themselves as best they can. Who wants their wedding invites to say 'Ray Price lounge'? Unless you're a Parra tragic it's not what you want. What they're doing is expanding their target market.

Just a thought but if you are having a wedding reception at Parra Stadium, I reckon you have got to be a parramatta tragic anyway.....

That aside....Who actually has a reception at a football stadium, is the local club closed down or something?:crazy:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tank30 said:
Just a thought but if you are having a wedding reception at Parra Stadium, I reckon you have got to be a parramatta tragic anyway.....

That aside....Who actually has a reception at a football stadium, is the local club closed down or something?:crazy:

I know for a fact that Telstra stadium do well with Weddings in their function rooms.

Nikki

Coach
I tells ya.. Im not happy about this decision at all. I still havent renewed my ST and finding more and more reasons not to give this club my hard earned $$$. If they cant even respect the Clubs greats there is no chance for the fans. And yes, I understands its a Stadium Trust decision, but surely the club gets a say as their major tennants. If the club wanted it to say the same, they could have.

Other than Weddings what else would the room be used for. Maybe Corporate Functions? As a manager, wouldnt you love to have a Corporate Function there and maybe even use Priceys legacy to inspire your workers. lol. Companys would love to have workers with Priceys dedication!

Our club is taking some major steps and for mine, IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!

JOB 3:14

Juniors
I don't see a problem with it. There obviously marketing the lounge for a non football audience. It's seems like a perfectly good business decision to me. They wrote to Ray and told him about it. They also renamed another room in his favour so his name is still circulated within the stadium. (I like the idea of a bronze statue)
Just goes to show how dull the cricket is. The telegraph needs third string league stories at this time of year to fill the void.

Nikki

Coach
I was just thinkin, if they were changing it for marketing towards weddin receptions etc, wouldnt they be under cuttin the Leagues Club with their Wentworth Room?