What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray to call games for 9, Matt Johns to Fox and a brave Ref

gronkathon

First Grade
I tried to listen on my way to a game last year as I was interested in injury news etc.

Instead they spent an hour talking about species of bird

MatthewA

Juniors
Have to agree with most and say Hadley is shithouse on telly. Horrible commentator who's suited to radio only. Horse race sums it up perfectly.

IanG

Coach
The Phrase "Radio with pictures" springs to mind.

Well that was my impression when he did the Rugby World Cup Semi Final

VictoryFC

Bench
The problem with Hadley is that he doesn't have a commentators voice. He has the aura of a sideline commentator, not a play by play caller. vossy's my top choice but he can be a dweeb at times. If he doesn't try to be funny, he's good normally.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Hadley's problem as a commentator is the same as Dave Morrows. They believe excitement = volume. One of the best commentator going around who gets very little praise is ABCs Craig Hamilton.

Ozzy

First Grade
Another good reason to not watch Channel 9. Can't stand the man. His stupid way of running his sports show on 2gb stopped me listening to it.

Mr Saab

Referee
Hadley's problem as a commentator is the same as Dave Morrows. They believe excitement = volume. One of the best commentator going around who gets very little praise is ABCs Craig Hamilton.

Hamilton? He is as biased to Newcastle as what Morrow is to the Dragons. Callers should be impartial and just call the game and not let their wallets or fanboy love get in the way.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Hamilton? He is as biased to Newcastle as what Morrow is to the Dragons. Callers should be impartial and just call the game and not let their wallets or fanboy love get in the way.

Yes he favours the knights but that's because when he calls their games it's with their supporters in mind as its often for abc local radio in Newcastle. Same goes for tim gavel in Canberra. When Hamilton calls the regular games in Morrow's absence he's excellent and impartial.

eozsmiles

Bench

Most callers are just fans that got lucky. Can't ask them to forget they follow a team. They won't. It's futile.
I suppose they're meant to forget they hate Manly too.

franklin2323

Immortal
Lucky I rarely watch the late Fri night game. He hates all non NSW teams. He hates sterlo & fatty. He quit radio calling due to too much work & yet this is far more work. $ hungry grub. worst caller in RL!

defunk

Juniors
Goodbye Andrew V and GOOD RIDDANCE...The funny thing is he left Hadley's radio station because 'he wanted to be number 1' caller somewhere and Hadley told him he would make a great number 2 where ever he went, he cracked it and now Hadley has moved him from number 2 to 3 at Nine...GREAT NEWS...

typicalfan

Coach
Goodbye Andrew V and GOOD RIDDANCE...The funny thing is he left Hadley's radio station because 'he wanted to be number 1' caller somewhere and Hadley told him he would make a great number 2 where ever he went, he cracked it and now Hadley has moved him from number 2 to 3 at Nine...GREAT NEWS...
Voss could be the first man called when a rival network takes the rights. Fatty and Sterlo could be on the move as well seeing as they don't like him and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why.

Just wait till you hear boring quips like "base over apex" over and over and OVER again on commentary. Even Weidler is less of a tool.