What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray to call games for 9, Matt Johns to Fox and a brave Ref

Flapper

First Grade
I think the NRL community can breathe a collective sigh of relief that there's no NRL player with the last name Gillard.

Springs

First Grade
So a ref is gay, who cares? How is that newsworthy exactly I don't know why anyone would care what a ref's sexual orientation is.

Nuke

Staff member
This Matt Cecchin 'revelation' even made front page of Perth's Sunday newspaper ('The Sunday Times'). True story.

It's only because he's originally from over here, and it wasn't the story on the front page, but a photo and the heading WA's GAY REF followed by a quote 'Why I've chosen to come out' and the page number the article is on, but it's on the front page none-the-less.

qld aussie

Juniors
Rabs/Gould is f**king horrible. Its one of two main reasons why i want nine to lose the rights to the football.
And now f**kING HADLEY?
Make it stop. Make the bad man stop.
Please no To Hadley he is a dribbler:crazy::crazy:
Rabs please retire and save our game from the constant embarressment of drool between yourself and Gould.
Surely their is some XXXX players who can comment on the game without the drool.:sarcasm:

608776-matt-cecchin-nrl-referee.jpg

Valheru

Coach
Voss is a decent commentator although if he ever gets another chance he would do well to shelve his Sunday roast persona which was slowly starting to trickle into his commentary.

Hadley is useless. The most bias commentator I have ever heard. I would rather listen to that bloke who used to commentate the warriors games.

nqboy

First Grade
It's pretty easy to take cheap shots as an anonymous keyboard hero, Cecchin's showing a lot more courage than most on here.

I wonder if all the comedians on here would front Ian Roberts with their dribble.

newman

First Grade
I have a very, very bad feeling that there is a long term plan for Raaaaaaaaay to replace Rabs on T.V as "the voice of Rugby League". I reckon he would drop his job on 2gb if they offered him the head caller role.

Springs

First Grade
Why couldn't he just 'come out' to his family and friends? What's the point of telling a newspaper about it? You can say he's 'brave' but it's not going to change anything. Cecchin will be forgotten about as soon as he retires. The only thing this will do is he will now be known as 'the gay ref'. Hopefully if he makes a bad decision commentators and critics don't refrain from singling him out.

Patorick

Staff member
It's pretty easy to take cheap shots as an anonymous keyboard hero, Cecchin's showing a lot more courage than most on here.

I wonder if all the comedians on here would front Ian Roberts with their dribble.
Well said.

MARSHALL ZHUKOV

Juniors
It maybe than 9 will show more games under the new TV deal and have signed him as a third commentator in readiness for this?- also gus gould will have a greatly reduced role i suppose since he will be concentrating on penrith more in 2012??.

Latest posts