What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 10 Parra v Manly GAME DAY thread 18/7/20

Wally21

Bench
Well, I hope that was the kick up the arse we needed. What I learnt from tonight....
1. Dylan Brown is not anywhere near as good as he thinks he is
2. Jai Field is a park footballer at best. Zero impact.
3. Thank f**k for RCG
4. Mahoney had his worst game for us. Hopefully learns from it
5. Waqa Blake is still a defensive liability
6. GIVE THE BALL TO SIVO YOU DUMB f**k HEADS
7. Junior Paulo is carrying an injury
8. Decore is a great player
9. NEVER EVER EVER EVER LET GEORGE JENNINGS NEAR A FIRST GRADE SIDE AGAIN

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
All of that is true...

So both teams were missing key personnel... But only one of them showed urgency and commitment from the opening whistle. The other mob were still in the sheds mentally until around half time...
Well one of the teams got belted by the Dragons last week while the other team played poorly and still won. You can't be up every week. Manly had a sleep last week and got smashed. We had a sleep this week and lost by a couple of goals.

T-Boon

Coach
Well I know you can never pinpoint one mistake that costs you a game. However that 6 to go given by Lane was a game changer to me. Manly don’t score if he doesn’t give it. It’s not his fault that we didn’t defend the try but Manly should never have been in that position to put the kick in.
We had the momentum going into half time until that set restart.
Plenty of other f*ckups that all led to the loss though.

I think he was just lucky they didnt run at him he would have found a way to let them score.

84 Baby

Referee
Surely we can put someone else in? Perhaps Dunster, or is he out?
I'd say Taka, assuming we do get players back next week, if Sivo is out. But other than his derpy start, Genko was ok. If we're blaming wingers for leaving yawning gaps on the opposite side of the field, we aren't going to go well.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Well, I hope that was the kick up the arse we needed. What I learnt from tonight....
1. Dylan Brown is not anywhere near as good as he thinks he is
2. Jai Field is a park footballer at best. Zero impact.
3. Thank f**k for RCG
4. Mahoney had his worst game for us. Hopefully learns from it
5. Waqa Blake is still a defensive liability
6. GIVE THE BALL TO SIVO YOU DUMB f**k HEADS
7. Junior Paulo is carrying an injury
8. Decore is a great player
9. NEVER EVER EVER EVER LET GEORGE JENNINGS NEAR A FIRST GRADE SIDE AGAIN
Hard to argue with any of this

Eelementary

Post Whore
And I think it's a massive call to say Dylan Brown is a dud - he's 20 years old, and thus far in his First Grade career, has never had to be the dominant playmaker.

I reckon Dylan did fine.

As for Field, I know he, too, is a rookie - but he needs to do more in attack.

Joely01

Bench
We would take 2 of 3 games without Moses and zero kicking game.
I reckon the coach should have played Matterson. When you rest a guy because he has a sore finger you are really asking for trouble with the playing groups focus for the week. Matterson has been one of our best 3 players for a month. Already down Moses it was a big mistake.
I also think that has cost the team some self belief. Mahoney would be down on confidence now.
Bad decision making from the coach. To the point I think the top teams will see us as mentally soft.

I think that is pretty harsh! If we were mentally soft we would’ve lost all 3 games without Moses!
You can’t go through a season undefeated, all teams lose a few.

IFR33K

Coach
And I think it's a massive call to say Dylan Brown is a dud - he's 20 years old, and thus far in his First Grade career, has never had to be the dominant playmaker.

I reckon Dylan did fine.

As for Field, I know he, too, is a rookie - but he needs to do more in attack.

I may of missed it, but I haven’t seen anyone call him a dud. He tried way too
Hard...

Dibs

Bench
Not really - I am on the record as saying that I can stomach a loss, as long as the effort is there.

It finished 4 tries each, and we held them scoreless in the second half - I am.not sure what's so weird about saying I am proud of that...
Nothing, I meant the response to what you said was a strange thing to say. I’m sure we were all proud when we fought back to beat penrith, regardless that we didn’t play 80 in that game.
As you were Eela, I’m with you

Latest posts