What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 10 Parra v Manly GAME DAY thread 18/7/20

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I can’t get too down about that. We played pretty rotten for the most part and it was 4 tries a piece. In years gone by we’d have lost by 40 odd. Instead we fought and got back into it.

84 Baby

Referee
not really we made 2200m to their 1400m, only missed 30 tackles to their 39. And it was 3 line breaks each.

And it was 4 tries each ..
Yeah you could feel Reed & Drown's inexperience with chasing points. We weren't setting up plays correctly. The second Suli came back on, we had to be crashing down the right to set up Gutho/Jenko/Sivo on left. We did it once and scored. Every other time we either didn't set up or we didn't go left. Even though he plays the other side, Moses would help here.

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
It finished 4 tries to 4...

We kept them scoreless in the second half...

I'm not proud of our effort in the first 20 minutes, but we pegged back some pride in the second half, imo.

It's just a shame that the first 20 minutes of patheticness cost us the game.
People are either stupid or don’t understand that the Parra of old would have folded 15 minutes in, that’s the difference, couple of successful goal kicks, anybody’s game. Never happy with a loss especially against these turds, but we never quit!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I reckon our performance from tonight’s game was pretty similar from the last 2 weeks except tonight we made 2 poor reads on the try line (tries 2 and 3).

last 2 weeks knights / cowboys both started pretty strongly but defence keep us in the game and we didn’t leak any easy tries. So we didn’t need to chase points but tonight without Moses we were exposed with the difficulties of chasing points against a desperate side without your top line half.

we will be better for it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Put it this way,ba

Back to back premiers can have an off night... We're a club that have been a punchline for 30 years. Appearances matter.
We were missing a bunch of players, including our chief playmaker, our Origin winger and our best defender. We also lost Nrown during the game. We were up against it as well.

Rocket man

Juniors
And Lane pushed him down, hence why he got up and complained. He doesn’t push him it doesn’t happen, simples.
You see it twenty times a game hands on the player I lever yourself up. Get up whingeing six again. Happens constantly in games.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Nothing, I meant the response to what you said was a strange thing to say. I’m sure we were all proud when we fought back to beat penrith, regardless that we didn’t play 80 in that game.
As you were Eela, I’m with you

Ah, cool - gotcha!