What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd. 17 v Cowboys

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah I know, but I’m not sure that qualifies the town folks as good judges.

The fact he’s made it this far shows how talented he is and how hard he must have worked.

He’s come through the most competitive Jnr system in Australia and is Playing NRL.

Surely 100% of Orange must see that..
i understand the valid points Ceprahs make, I don’t think he is knocking Jack Cole, more just pointing out the obvious.

Jack Cole has made it thus far on the back of talent, work ethic, team ethic etc

Does he have the skill set to go to the next level and cement a position in our top 17 on a regular basis or will he be one of the vast majority of NRL players who play less than 50 games.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
i understand the valid points Ceprahs make, I don’t think he is knocking Jack Cole, more just pointing out the obvious.

Jack Cole has made it thus far on the back of talent, work ethic, team ethic etc

Does he have the skill set to go to the next level and cement a position in our top 17 on a regular basis or will he be one of the vast majority of NRL players who play less than 50 games.
But the Majority of players don’t come through that Juniors system. It’s incredibly hard. It’s impossible to get to where he is without being an outstanding player.

Personally I think he’s our 14 for next season, but I don’t have an issue if he gets the 6. I think he’ll do a great job.

Kilkenny

Coach
He’s certainly a long way behind our other options.
As someone suggested earlier, and it has become rather obvious this season, the impact of the salary cap has caught up with us this season. The recent losses to the Warriors, Dragons and today the Cowboys expose the obvious. We just quite aren’t at the level we have been, no fault of our own, just the stark reality of losing so many quality players. We are in transition now, with our absolute best 17 fit and available come semi final time we could be in with a shout, but anything less than our best 17 I doubt we have the depth to go four peat and I don’t say that as a negative that’s just the reality.

Stinkfinger

Juniors
Thanks ivan you cost us 2pts that we would never have lost today if we played our full strength team.Im sorry but Jack Cole is not the answer we need to buy a 5/8 next yr.Rubbish performance they had 12 men twice and we couldn't score.
Jarome would have been enough. A bit of organisation in the halves.

Girds89

Bench
But the Majority of players don’t come through that Juniors system. It’s incredibly hard. It’s impossible to get to where he is without being an outstanding player.

Personally I think he’s our 14 for next season, but I don’t have an issue if he gets the 6. I think he’ll do a great job.

Wow we agree haha. Ive been saying laurie for 6 and cole for 14 all year.

Laurie has the x factor we miss and explosive speed we sorely lack. I think hes a mich better ball player then both cole and schnieder to.

And i like cole as a 14. I think hes a tough defender and his running game is ok. But i have also been impressed with Trent and he seems quite crafty round the ruck with a good kicking game.

hindy111

Post Whore
Definitely showed enough to suggest with a full off season, he will compete for a bench spot on a regular basis next season. Liam Henry slots straight into the vacant JFH role, kid has a huge motor as was in evidence again today playing out of position.

How old?

hindy111

Post Whore
Trust me on this one, I watch of lot of footy, including our lower grades, juniors, Jack is not a centre, he really isn’t mate. Certainly not in any attacking capacity.

How are the juniors looking? It seems to me that come 2025 there is going to need a surge of kids and a hope some shine. I don't see the recent ones like Henry,Cole,Lindsay,Mav etc being anywhere near the class of when Too,Crighton,Edwards,JFH,Burtonetc come thru. Is their anything special coming into grade?

WestyLife

First Grade
Been around football a long time and far from being a good judge, but jesus you jump to personal insults quick, actually shows your own overall IQ.

I may a little harsh on Cole, however, around Orange it is 50/50, some think he is the next big thing, and others think he is overrated and been kissed on the dick to get where he is and in any other team or system, he wouldn't make it. At this stage clearly, I am in the latter group and think we need better to keep our momentum going.

The rest of this place talks with the same tone. . When in Rome....

Never take anything i say to heart like that i dont hate anyone here and would gladly have a beer and cheer on the Panthers with any of you

Ceprahs

Juniors
Yeah I know, but I’m not sure that qualifies the town folks as good judges.

The fact he’s made it this far shows how talented he is and how hard he must have worked.

He’s come through the most competitive Jnr system in Australia and is Playing NRL.

Surely 100% of Orange must see that..
My bad I missed you were just being a smart arse, nothing new on here. Obviously, the simple folks of Orange don't as a whole have your superior football knowledge. But as long term fans they can have an opinion if that if that is ok with you of course.

Kilkenny's response is correct, I just have doubts about backing the right horse and want the panthers to make the best choice.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
My bad I missed you were just being a smart arse, nothing new on here. Obviously, the simple folks of Orange don't as a whole have your superior football knowledge. But as long term fans they can have an opinion if that if that is ok with you of course.

Kilkenny's response is correct, I just have doubts about backing the right horse and want the panthers to make the best choice.
I wasn’t being a smart arse at all.

Just pointing out facts and putting opinions aside. A player doesn’t get to where he is, without being excellent. His performance speaks for its self.

People seem to struggle with how elite our program is.

Cole has all the attributes it takes to be an excellent NRL level half, he just needs to stay healthy and continue listening to his coaches.

WestyLife

First Grade
I wasn’t being a smart arse at all.

Just pointing out facts and putting opinions aside. A player doesn’t get to where he is, without being excellent. His performance speaks for its self.

People seem to struggle with how elite our program is.

Cole has all the attributes it takes to be an excellent NRL level half, he just needs to stay healthy and continue listening to his coaches.

I was a bit hyperbolic last night but I seriously don't get the criticism. He looks like a good future 6. Sure he'll need a good 7 next to him but we do have the best in the game at the club for him to play with when the time comes. Love his defence so much as well.

Frankus

Juniors
There's no need to go jumping off bridges. What we lacked was a playmaker, the effort was there. A heap of broken tackles, decent field position and our defence was solid - we lacked direction and execution when it mattered. Schneider and Cole can be a dance partner if needed but neither of them are leading the tango when it really matters. Conditions didn't make it any easier.

We are going to miss JFH next year. f**k he was immense yesterday. I thought he was best on ground. Laurie was outstanding as well - the only quality playmaker on the field - Drinkwater had a field day. Thought he was the difference.

Tago is down in the doldrums, you can see it on his face. Every time he runs the ball he is thinking so much about not making a mistake that he forgets about everything else and the ball is knocked or comes loose. I thought he ran with ball with alot more venom than he has for most of the season. Would seriously consider playing Laurie in his spot. Send him down to Reggies to get some confidence back.

McLean is going to be some player. Playing against the big boys he didn't look out of his depth. Give him and his brother another off season to put some more meat on the bones and we have a couple of quality outside backs. Patea also looked comfortable, think there is a player there. Both debutants need some sticky spray though for their next NRL appearance.

Iamback

Coach
I was a bit hyperbolic last night but I seriously don't get the criticism. He looks like a good future 6. Sure he'll need a good 7 next to him but we do have the best in the game at the club for him to play with when the time comes. Love his defence so much as well.

Too many plodders in the side. So he looks bad but he has done plenty of nice things with the stars.

Schneider on the other hand

Latest posts