What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd. 17 v Cowboys

Iamback

Coach
Trust me, I can talk for days on mistakes I think this club has made.

But Cole has the runs on the board and other than injuries, has given no reason to doubt him.

Injuries are the key. He'd be my 6 for now

Also though. If the club knew they would be replacing Luai, Then I have no doubt they keep Katoa instead.

Cole was kept because he has potential for many positions.

Him not being a fit with Cleary or something is possible also.

things change

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Injuries are the key. He'd be my 6 for now

Also though. If the club knew they would be replacing Luai, Then I have no doubt they keep Katoa instead.

Cole was kept because he has potential for many positions.

Him not being a fit with Cleary or something is possible also.

things change

I believe Cleary is experienced enough to fit into Cole's strengths.

If someone would have told me 6 weeks we would be running 2nd, without having Nathan in the line up I'd be fine.

Anything more than winning above 50% without your chief playmaker is a HUGE win.

Some of the whinging on this platform about the round 17 spills of recency bias.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

If someone would have told me 6 weeks we would be running 2nd, without having Nathan in the line up I'd be fine.

Anything more than winning above 50% without your chief playmaker is a HUGE win.

Some of the whinging on this platform about the round 17 spills of recency bias.
The side didn't lose because of players out or luck. We lost because we showed zero ticker (outside a few like Laurie). The loss is on Ivan not having them primed

Iamback

Coach

So Cleary has this hidden x factor or fancy footwork that is hidden away?

Very little difference for me in the loss yesterday to the one in Round 1 or the one against the Dragons.

Give us a slippery surface and we have no idea.

We played against 12 players for 20 mins yesterday and didn't even come close to winning.

We are just as far from 8th as we are from 1st, So a bad run and we could be fighting with the bum teams. Which is way below where we should be

Girds89

Bench
It really isnt all doom and gloom.. smug always thinks we should beat teams by 30 hahs. Irs who he is.

In reality when i knew they were resting luai yesterday i knew wed struggle.. schnieder just isnt it and cole is a rookie that has some great areas of his game but a lot to work on as youd expect.

One thing i will point out is his front on defence is great agsinst the bigger boys. He plays tough for a bloke thst hasnt filled out yet. But if youd watched his time in nsw cup at centre last year you could see how much harder it is defending at centre. Hes defence was horrible on an edge. Yes he has had more time with the fg squad but i dont think he is a centre. His defence is weaker there and he just doesn't have the running gane to be a threat there. Hes a 6 or 14.

Plenty of positives imo. Despite our defence clearly being a bit off all year we are still statistically i think top 2 for defence in the comp in terms of leaked points.. when you consider all the outs weve had this year thats not bad.. if we can get our best 17 on the park i think we will see the juggernaut our defence is.

I thought fish had his best game of the season yesterday.

Yeo did yeo things.

Casey mclean is a stsr of the future. And patea no doubt is to..

Whilst he was a bit of with his pass timid yesterday it was good to see kenny run it a bit more. He has done this more this season and its a good thing. Ivan should be encouraging him to take on the line. Hes not quick but hes strong.

Henry and smith continue to build. The fact ivsn plays a prop at 2md row though over mav..... writings on the wall for mav. He just doesnt have it. He sorely lacks his old mans aggression.

Garner whikst out a bit has been really good this year.

Luai is in career best form as is dyl.

There's concerns obviously tago.. i think we will see a return to form when nath is back. He has sorely missed him in defence and attsck.

Either way i think our best 17 on the park at the business and and we will cause issues. Just have to get and keep blokes healthy. Dont have the depth this year to cover certain spots

Iamback

Coach
It really isnt all doom and gloom.. smug always thinks we should beat teams by 30 hahs. Irs who he is.

In reality when i knew they were resting luai yesterday i knew wed struggle.. schnieder just isnt it and cole is a rookie that has some great areas of his game but a lot to work on as youd expect.

One thing i will point out is his front on defence is great agsinst the bigger boys. He plays tough for a bloke thst hasnt filled out yet. But if youd watched his time in nsw cup at centre last year you could see how much harder it is defending at centre. Hes defence was horrible on an edge. Yes he has had more time with the fg squad but i dont think he is a centre. His defence is weaker there and he just doesn't have the running gane to be a threat there. Hes a 6 or 14.

Plenty of positives imo. Despite our defence clearly being a bit off all year we are still statistically i think top 2 for defence in the comp in terms of leaked points.. when you consider all the outs weve had this year thats not bad.. if we can get our best 17 on the park i think we will see the juggernaut our defence is.

I thought fish had his best game of the season yesterday.

Yeo did yeo things.

Casey mclean is a stsr of the future. And patea no doubt is to..

Whilst he was a bit of with his pass timid yesterday it was good to see kenny run it a bit more. He has done this more this season and its a good thing. Ivan should be encouraging him to take on the line. Hes not quick but hes strong.

Henry and smith continue to build. The fact ivsn plays a prop at 2md row though over mav..... writings on the wall for mav. He just doesnt have it. He sorely lacks his old mans aggression.

Garner whikst out a bit has been really good this year.

Luai is in career best form as is dyl.

There's concerns obviously tago.. i think we will see a return to form when nath is back. He has sorely missed him in defence and attsck.

Either way i think our best 17 on the park at the business and and we will cause issues. Just have to get and keep blokes healthy. Dont have the depth this year to cover certain spots

Again. I ask how many games could you say we actually played well?

Girds89

Bench
I agree.

we sit here in Round 17 waiting for it to hopefully click in time for the finals

Every year weve won weve done it a little different.

This year has been different again and has presented new challenges.

Theres been years were even with nath and luai fit our attack has been horrific at times.

Every season has had periods that have ben questionable.

Weve played mostly this whole year without the best 7 and player in the game. That alone makes it hard.

Yes it would be nice to be playing better but there is legitimate and solid reasons why weve been off. Theres no doubting that.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
How many games have we been full strength and had an uninterrupted prep.

Rnd 20 is when we start to build our momentum. At the moment, we just need to bank points, which we are doing.
Yeah if fit we romp this comp in. I don't see who could challenge really.

Next year is when it all changes

Girds89

Bench
Yeah if fit we romp this comp in. I don't see who could challenge really.

Next year is when it all changes

Why does it change next year.

Yes luai is a loss but hes really only found his best form again this year. We won last years gf and he basically was out.

Turuva is a loss too but jesse is ready..casey will be ready.

Fish is a loss but liam and limdsay are are ready to take the next step and patea will be thereabouts

Throw in we have papali and i think we are actually just as strong.

I think laurie will compliment nath really well in attack ij the 6. We just have to see how his d goes.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Yes luai is a loss but hes really only found his best form again this year. We won last years gf and he basically was out.

Fish is a loss but liam and limdsay are are ready to take the next step and patea will be thereabouts

I think laurie will compliment nath really well in attack ij the 6. We just have to see how his d goes.
Luai and Fish are huge. Nathan's hammy goes and we might not even make the finals

Ceprahs

Juniors
Question for those more in the know, did Coley come off due to his quad injury, he played 68 minutes. I noticed he was off towards the end, but didn't see the circumstances.

hindy111

Post Whore

I disagree.
JFH is a top 5 prop.
Luai is a top 5 5/8
Turuva agree can cover
Yeo turns 30 end of season
Leota turns 30 middle of next year

Not saying both won't play well but Leota particularly looks already slowly going downhill. I think another signing is needed personally.

I was actualy think today if you had the chance to have one JNR back who would you pick?

Crighton
Burton
Spencer
Hopgood
Jerome

Right now Spencer for 550k seems a bargain if ask me. That was cockup as was letting Hopgood go on the cheap.