What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 17 vs Tigers

Copperhead

Juniors
Panthers coach Anthony Griffin welcomes back Sam McKendry in his side to face Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium on Saturday.

Panthers v Wests Tigers
5.30pm Saturday @ ANZ Stadium

1. Matt MOYLAN (c)
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Waqa BLAKE
4. Tyrone PEACHEY
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. Leilani LATU
9. Peter WALLACE
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Isaah YEO
12. Trent MERRIN
13. Suaia MATAGI

14. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
15. Jeremy LATIMORE
16. Chris GREVSMUHL
17. James FISHER-HARRIS
20. Sam MCKENDRY

Panthers coach Steve Georgallis sticks solid with his Intrust Super Premiership NSW side to face Wentworthville Magpies at Ringrose Park on Sunday.

ISP Panthers v Wenty
3pm Sunday @ Ringrose Park

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh HALL
3. George JENNINGS
4. Will SMITH (c)
5. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Zach DOCKAR-CLAY
7. Jamie SOWARD
8. Andy SAUNDERS
9. Sione KATOA
10. Viliame KIKAU
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Kaide ELLIS
13. Moses LEOTA

14. Brendan ATTWOOD
15. Paea PUA
16. Oliver CLARK
17. Jerry KEY

Panthers NYC coach Cam Ciraldo again shakes up his winning side ahead of a showdown with Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium on Saturday.

NYC Panthers v NYC Wests Tigers
3.15pm Saturday @ ANZ Stadium

1. Daniel BROWN
2. Ratu TUISESE
3. Braidon BURNS
4. Caleb AEKINS
5. Christian CRICHTON
6. Dean BLORE
7. Jarome LUAI
8. Cowen EPERE
9. Wayde EGAN
10. Dylan FUAD
11. Jack HETHERINGTON
12. Liam MARTIN
13. Terrell SMITH

14. Sean O'SULLIVAN
15. Billy BURNS
16. Terrell SMITH
17. Jack NELSON

Last edited:

pantherpuddy

Juniors
Time for matagi to be phased out i think. Better options available and cant see him being at the club next season

SweetandSoward

Juniors
We are going to make top 8 and then we lose first week because griffin will say we are unexperienced and young yet he drops soward and chicko and taylor

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We are going to make top 8 and then we lose first week because griffin will say we are unexperienced and young yet he drops soward and chicko and taylor

Soward, Chicko and Taylor were doing nothing for us and deserved to be dropped.

You need to let it go, our team looks a hell of a lot stronger without them.

maple_69

Bench
Throw Martin into the halves in a few weeks, shift Bruce to lock and Matagi out and we are looking good. I assume Hardaker may come into the centers which could mean Peach back to the bench for Aku. I think we are on the right track.

Blues Riff

Bench
Throw Martin into the halves in a few weeks, shift Bruce to lock and Matagi out and we are looking good. I assume Hardaker may come into the centers which could mean Peach back to the bench for Aku. I think we are on the right track.

I'm pressing the like button here :cool: It's this next game though ..

..and S&S, don't worry about Sowie, might still make an appearance

snickers007

Juniors
Soward your too good for NSW Cup go find another club where your appreciated.

Honest question here, which NRL clubs would want Soward? Off the top of my head the only one I can think of is Newcastle, and if I'm Soward I'd rather go deep in the NSW Cup finals (with a chance of playing in the NRL finals pending injury) than getting touched up every week.

Soward said repeatedly this pre-season that he wouldn't stand in the way of younger guys coming through. Thus far he has kept his side of the bargain, and is doing a great job helping develop some of our NSW Cup players. No shame in that, especially if you're still getting paid top dollar.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I don't even think the Knights would want him. In Hodkinson and Mullen (returning soon?) they have plenty of experience in the halves.

betcats

Referee
If someone wanted him you think they would of tried to get him before june 30 considering he has been playing reserves for a few weeks now. I don't think Sowie is the type of guy who sign somewhere as depth and play out another season in cup and no one will offer him a starting role imo so id say unless he gets back into our squad his nrl career is done. England or retirement seems like the main two options.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Honestly it sucks that he and Griffin couldn't bury the hatchet. We would be better off with Taylor at 13 than guys like Latu and Matagi. He can attack well enough if given the opportunity. But his defence shits on every player in our forward pack.

If Merrin isnt at lock we might aswell put Cartwright there.

betcats

Referee
Originally. Didn't hit hard enough in defence for Griffin's liking. Then had a huge dummy spit and that was it

I read this as well but I don't get it he isn't soft defensively that for sure. Taylor is exactly the type of defender we need to clean up our middle.