What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 18: Parramatta Eels vs NZ Warriors MT Smart Stadium 5.30pm 12/7/14

T.S Quint

Coach
My summary:

- sandow aint a fullback - it may have gone ok once, but don't do it again

Too right.
Having a good game against a Bulldogs side missing their starting halves isn't the biggest accomplishment.

- we are still a methematical chance at another spoon

We are also a mathematical chance of making the top 8. :sarcasm:

yy_cheng

Coach
Who should he select?
We have half the team out injured. He doesn't have much of a choice.

You may have an argument with Sio (if he actually is ready to come back - he didn't play any grade today) and of course Hayne.

sio for vai
hayne at 1 for Kelly
a number of backrowers for seph, allgood

what he's going to name sio if he wasn't fit to scare nz

yy_cheng

Coach
Extremely limited minutes from Lussick for the second game in a row. We are essentially playing with 16 men when we are already missing a truck load of our front line players and that is a handicap that no team in our position can afford.

what happened to lussck

Avenger

Immortal
W have now lost 3 in a row. Changes need to be made. The coach f**ked up by not playing Princess Hayne. It is without a doubt his biggest f**k up so far. We wouldn't have won but it would not have been 48 zip. Every other f**king origin player half fit is playing, why couldn't he ?

T.S Quint

Coach
sio for vai
hayne at 1 for Kelly

He could have named Sio not knowing if he was going to be fit at all.
Like I said, he didn't play either FG or NSW Cup today. Do you think they would leave Sio out of the Wenty side if he was fit?

Also, who are these "number of other backrowers" you could have named for Sef or Allgood (who is a prop anyway)?
We are already missing Mannah, Ma'u and Edwards.

Last edited:

Forty20

First Grade
sio for vai
hayne at 1 for Kelly

Realistically, there simply isn't much left in the cupboard with the extent of our injury ward.

Hayne (assuming he isn't carry an injury) is a given and that shores up the #1 and #7. Toutai wasn't as bad as people make out tonight (the first drop was poor) and Sio would not have offered much more, in my opinion.

Beyond the noted injuries Lasalo is out of action this week, Tanginoa is stomping around in a moonboot, Edwards is MIA. That leaves you with the likes of Joseph Ualesi and Daniel Alvaro to call upon from Wenty with even less viable options from the NYC roster.

Ualesi might do the job but he isn't going to patch up the holes that half a dozen or more missing first choice players leaves and he doesn't address our problems in the front row.

Our attitude was piss poor tonight but we have run our depth dry and a fair chunk of tonight's game reflects that.

Forty20

First Grade
what happened to lussck

Didn't see when or why he left the field but he only has 1-2 hit ups to his name and 9-11 tackles to his name.

He has been troubled with a kneecap problem since the second match against the Panthers so that is a likely culprit.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
Chris Sandow a wopping 10 metres from fullback. :lol::lol:

Seriously I cannot wait until this clown is f**ked off.

Delboy

First Grade
My wife made me turn it off at 30-0, I had been at junior league all day. Am sitting watching Non-Stop and thinking , guns in airplanes are stupid

Early observations, Kelly offers zilch, Morgan has gone backwards, Sef Paulo really, Plodgood is a plodder, Morgan is a hole runner only. Does Lussick wear an invisible jacket?

Jnr Paulo and Gower battled on their own, Sandow tried hard - more than most, Norman and Tonga looked slow, can't blame the wingers as they at least took the ball up.

T.S Quint

Coach

That's an embarrassing stat - even with the lack of possession we had.
With Hayne out he needed to stop up and take control. Instead we were left with Kelly running plays out wide.

As bad as he was in his first game for us, Hunt would have been a better option to bring into the team.

muznik

Juniors
Aaaaagggghhhh!

I'll back all that have posted in here.
Love youse all ( yep even Bazal- why the hate?)
Don't necessarily agree with them all but we are all Eels fans & have a right to vent I guess.
That was a very ordinary performance from a so called first grade team (although one that is ravaged)

Highlights for mine:
- the young bloke's debut (Moeroa?) he did well
- Origin is done. & dusted. No more resting Rep players.
- I have a well stocked fridge & will continue with the only therapy I know that gets me thru these types of performances !

Till next week...,

Eelementary

Post Whore

IMO Sandow at fullback against the Dogs was a stroke of genius - nobody expected it and the Dogs were weakened.

But everyone knew Sandow would play at fullback tonight, and he was exposed. Admittedly he was out of position, but then Arthur should be held accountable for such a strange selection.

forward pass

Coach
I wonder how you merkins would have reacted if Hayne played today and tore a hammy. ffs

At least he missed a game we were no chance of winning. He would have made very little difference today. Might have been 40 -6 maybe.

strider

Post Whore

who's the clown? sandow or the person who picks him out of position at fullback?

(or both :lol:)