What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 21 TLT - Mighty Eels v Mr Brown's Boys

Glenneel

Bench
I'm finding myself more excited about TLT as the finals approach. Here's my team for the Rd 21 clash v Newy. A chance for revenge at Bankwest. C'MON!!!!

Gutho
Sivo
Mennings
Waqa
Taka
Brown
Moses
Evans
Paulo
Reed
Lane
Mau
Brown

Terepo
Alvaro
Gower
Nuikore

Davey
Salmon
Kaufusi
Stefano
Doubt Paulo will be the dummy half, doesn't have the stamina.

Glenneel

Bench
https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/08/06/team-list-eels-v-knights-round-21/

Parramatta Eels
1. Clint Gutherson
2. Maika Sivo
3. Michael Jennings
4. Waqa Blake
5. Brad Takairangi
6. Dylan Brown
7. Mitch Moses
8. Kane Evans
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Junior Paulo
11. Shaun Lane
12. Manu Ma’u
13. Nathan Brown

Interchange
14. Marata Niukore
15. Daniel Alvaro
16. David Gower
17. Tepai Moeroa

18. Greg Leleisiuao
19. Peni Terepo
20. Jaeman Salmon
21. Stefano Utoikamano
Poor bench, 15-17 need to go. Our attack and intensity completely drops when our starting middles go off and the bench comes on. I'd bring in 19-21 in their stead. Lets see how Stefano goes as we start our run into the finals, can't be worse than Alvaro or Moeroa can he?

Glenneel

Bench
I think the question needs to be asked. How big is Oregon?
Bigger than some, smaller than others but less than Texas, that big fat dumb arse.
**spell checker is obviously American as thinks arse is spelt incorrectly, as far as I know ass is half horse and donkey or something similar**

84 Baby

Referee
Poor bench, 15-17 need to go. Our attack and intensity completely drops when our starting middles go off and the bench comes on. I'd bring in 19-21 in their stead. Lets see how Stefano goes as we start our run into the finals, can't be worse than Alvaro or Moeroa can he?
He may or may not be worse but more importantly what’s best for his development

Gronk

Staff member

You never make a change if it weakens the side (unless your season is over).

Gronk

Staff member
I think his argument is that it wouldnt weaken the side and would likely strengthen it.

How would handing a debut to a kid vs two origin props strengthen the side ? Based on what ? How he goes v reserve graders or kids his own age ?

Happy MEel

First Grade
How would handing a debut to a kid vs two origin props strengthen the side ? Based on what ? How he goes v reserve graders or kids his own age ?
I didn’t say I necessarily fully agree with him, but he clearly says that in his opinion it wouldn’t weaken the side.

It’s an opinion just like yours above.

I will say though, I’d be bringing Peni in for Moeroa, which considerably strengthens the side IMO.

Bazal

Post Whore
Even more interesting is Chad Kroeger nee Turton was a competitive trampolinist. Which sounds like the definition of mincing

#bringbackgetthis

I believe you'll find his full first name is actually Chadwin

Which is the mincingest name since Bazal

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You would, which is why we’re questioning Tep’s spot in the team when his work rate hasn’t really increased in reduced minutes.

If we are going with 4 forwards on the bench and 10-20 minutes is all that role in the team is required for then Kaufusi is the better option IMO. The stats tend to agree.
I'm sure we're trying to minimise the number of rookies on the field as well.

Glenneel

Bench
How would it weaken the side? The form of Alvaro and Moeroa has been poor, he couldn't be any or much poorer but most probably better. And when do you debut him? Very few teams are easy pushovers, particularly with Parra. Shit, we may even play Knights back into form but doubt they'll be standing so far offside this game compared to last game.

Gronk

Staff member
How would it weaken the side? The form of Alvaro and Moeroa has been poor, he couldn't be any or much poorer but most probably better. And when do you debut him? Very few teams are easy pushovers, particularly with Parra. Shit, we may even play Knights back into form but doubt they'll be standing so far offside this game compared to last game.

Playing rookies aside, you don't think we have had any convincing wins this season ?

Parra Cheeses

Juniors
I like Alvaro. I think he gives100%
I see a bigger future for him than Mannah. He is a young prop with a big future. Polar bears go alright.

hindy111

Post Whore
Alvaro I bog average and a fringe first grader. He doesn't bend the line and doesnt pose any type of attacking threat. His defense is ok but lacks any bite or vigour. Yes he tries hard.
I dont mind when he comes in the side. He does a job. But I dont see any real potential.