What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 24: Parramatta Eels v Manly at Pirtek Stadium 7.45pm 22/8/14

Yeah, he is shut down heaps, is it 10 tries in the last 6 games or something?

Tries from running, which I've already stated he does extremely well.

How many times has he been shut down from a back line play, especially when he decides to run himself?

You do realise that all you did with your post was show how ignorant you are, don't you?

I understand the thinking behind betting against Parra but I reckon you guys haven't weighed the odds correctly. Betting against them does nothing to help them win and when they lose any money won is poor consolation. Just put your whole heart in. We win, fantastic. We lose, we'll get over it.

Kornstar

Coach
Unfortunately, it seems that whenever HaHa gets his hands on the ball now he decides to try and go himself. The fact he is getting shut down a lot recently indicates it isn't working

How many times has he been shut down from a back line play, especially when he decides to run himself?

You do realise that all you did with your post was show how ignorant you are, don't you?

Apart from the Bulldogs game where he was shut down, he has been successful at going himself, go back and watch the highlights from the Titans game onwards. He has also thrown plenty of passes that directly led to tries.

He ran himself last night and got the quick play the ball for the Edwards try. He also has hit plenty of holes.

You're argument is that he is a one trick pony, as I said since the Titans game he has been involved most of our tries by either scoring them or setting them up, so I don't understand your point in general about him?

Kornstar

Coach
I understand the thinking behind betting against Parra but I reckon you guys haven't weighed the odds correctly. Betting against them does nothing to help them win and when they lose any money won is poor consolation. Just put your whole heart in. We win, fantastic. We lose, we'll get over it.

This would be my first bet EVER. I am so confident of the bad luck I have that I know if I put $500 on them, they will win for sure......

Daneel

Bench
Apart from the Bulldogs game where he was shut down, he has been successful at going himself, go back and watch the highlights from the Titans game onwards. He has also thrown plenty of passes that directly led to tries.

He ran himself last night and got the quick play the ball for the Edwards try. He also has hit plenty of holes.

You're argument is that he is a one trick pony, as I said since the Titans game he has been involved most of our tries by either scoring them or setting them up, so I don't understand your point in general about him?

I think it is simple. Quite a few parra fans believe jarryd, is the second coming, HJ believes this to be blasphemous

Kornstar

Coach
I think it is simple. Quite a few parra fans believe jarryd, is the second coming, HJ believes this to be blasphemous

I get that, I just don't get why he can't support him or give him any credit at all.

Without him in the last 5 games particularly, we are not in a position to make the 8 at all.

yy_cheng

Coach

That's what I think too. After he demolished Thurston in soo 1, coaches have learnt to shut it down however he has been good enough in other areas to still make a massive impact

On the manly game in the first half he was shut down. In the second half he was 1 in and he attracted and dragged the defence in with him opening up space out wide.

He also put in a death short kick and it was Hayne at 6 all over again.

Once he starts using the no look cutout again, and he starts mixing it up sometimes running sometimes paying he's going to be unstoppable

yy_cheng

Coach
I support him full on, I just want him to be even Better and rub it in the faces of manly, dogs, South and Melbourne

I wouldn't even know how to put a bet on :lol:

I've got both Sportingbet and Sportingodds apps on my phone. Tom Waterhouse is another I guess but I don't have the app. Go with the best odds but out of Sportingbet and Sportingodds it's easier to get your money out of Sportingbet. Pluses and minuses with all of them tho.

EelsFan05

Bench
HJ is just an attention seeking wanker. Always had been hence his constant criticism of Hayne. A one trick pony scoring tries from running, how profound. It's a bit hard scoring them doing handstands.

EelsFan05

Bench
I've got both Sportingbet and Sportingodds apps on my phone. Tom Waterhouse is another I guess but I don't have the app. Go with the best odds but out of Sportingbet and Sportingodds it's easier to get your money out of Sportingbet. Pluses and minuses with all of them tho.

You do know that they are all owned and run by the same company William Hill. They play odds and specials between their own companies off against each other.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
??? What, so he has a go at a potential try scoring play and fails to execute properly....so he shouldn't ever do it again?

I'd much rather him throw an interception on the opposition tryline than inside our half. He took a risk at the right time and in the right part of the field. Smart player.

I get that, I just don't get why he can't support him or give him any credit at all.

I give him plenty of credit, which he thoroughly deserves.

Unfortunately, if I include one thing that isn't credit (even if it isn't putting him down) then everyone gets the shits.

Go back and look at the first post I quoted. All I'm saying is there is a part of his game that we know he has that hasn't been seen much this year.

True, it's probably because we have Norman and Sandow to do more, but I still miss it.

Remember over the last two years how he'd throw those flat balls on the tryline to hit the wingers? Shit, half our bloody tries came from those balls.

I want those back.

In relation to the quote that started this particular discussion, I'd like to see him throw those balls instead of going himself all the time, because teams seemed to have that figured out now and the success rate is dropping.

We know he can do it. We've seen it a billion times before. He's f**king excellent at it.

Bring it back.

Without him in the last 5 games particularly, we are not in a position to make the 8 at all.

Without de Gois we lose on Friday and the 8 is pretty much gone.

Without our wingers we'd be 39 (?) tries worse off and wouldn't be anywhere near the 8.

Without Thurston the Cows lose last night. Without Smith the Storm die.

Blah blah blah.

You guys need to wake up and actually read what gets written here. Just because a post isn't a wankfest over HaHa doesn't mean it's criticism. And even if there is a little bit of criticism, doesn't mean it's not constructive, nor does it mean it isn't warranted.

Your little sploogefest makes you all blind and throw tantrums like children.