What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 24: Parramatta Eels v Manly at Pirtek Stadium 7.45pm 22/8/14

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hayne was third in the NRL for LBAs back in 2011. Due to lack of playmakers he played a lot closer to centrefield than he does this year.

However in the second half against Manly he moved back into first or second receiver on a lot of plays which created plenty of space for Sandow and Hopoate. I dare say against teams with lesser edge defenders than Manly there would have been plenty of opportunity for cut out passes from Hayne. We will probably see a bit of that over the next two weeks. Make that a fortnight.

Our back three are averaging a merkin hair under a try each a game so far this year, dont see how a few cut outs could change that much.

Kornstar

Coach
I give him plenty of credit, which he thoroughly deserves.

Unfortunately, if I include one thing that isn't credit (even if it isn't putting him down) then everyone gets the shits.

Go back and look at the first post I quoted. All I'm saying is there is a part of his game that we know he has that hasn't been seen much this year.

True, it's probably because we have Norman and Sandow to do more, but I still miss it.

Remember over the last two years how he'd throw those flat balls on the tryline to hit the wingers? Shit, half our bloody tries came from those balls.

I want those back.

In relation to the quote that started this particular discussion, I'd like to see him throw those balls instead of going himself all the time, because teams seemed to have that figured out now and the success rate is dropping.

We know he can do it. We've seen it a billion times before. He's f**king excellent at it.

Bring it back.

Without de Gois we lose on Friday and the 8 is pretty much gone.

Without our wingers we'd be 39 (?) tries worse off and wouldn't be anywhere near the 8.

Without Thurston the Cows lose last night. Without Smith the Storm die.

Blah blah blah.

You guys need to wake up and actually read what gets written here. Just because a post isn't a wankfest over HaHa doesn't mean it's criticism. And even if there is a little bit of criticism, doesn't mean it's not constructive, nor does it mean it isn't warranted.

Your little sploogefest makes you all blind and throw tantrums like children.

You said he has been shut down going himself, i pointed out he hasn't, i apologise :roll:

The only factual thing you said was that he hasn't thrown the ball he is excellent at in a long time......maybe he's saving it up for when he needs it, like finals ;-)

Kornstar

Coach
or maybe he got sick of it being called forward :?

That's a very good point, i would say out of all the ones called forward, only a couple really were.

Tim Smith used to have the same problem, brilliant balls that were too good for the refs, so they just assume they were forward.

The Dragons in 09 & 10 had Boyd throw so many forward passes to Morris that is became a joke in the end.......ultimately got them a premiership so i guess they were happy!

You said he has been shut down going himself, i pointed out he hasn't, i apologise :roll:

But he has. Just because he's made some breaks and scored some tries doesn't mean he hasn't been shut down more times than not.

My point was that you were incorrect. You still are.

The only factual thing you said was that he hasn't thrown the ball he is excellent at in a long time......maybe he's saving it up for when he needs it, like finals ;-)

I hope so. I just wish he had have been practicing a bit more this year. It would suck if they went awry because he was a bit rusty.

What I actually wouldn't mind seeing him do is a Cam Smith-like pass back in front of the markers after jumping out from dummy half, after the winger has taken a kick return.

A few others have tried to throw those kind of balls, Robbie Farah for example, and most of them are complete failures as imitators of Smith, Robbie Farah for example.

But HaHa can probably move in the right way, draw the markers in the right way, and thread that needle to get the ball back to the winger, who the markers have now disengaged from, giving them the opportunity at an empty short side.

yy_cheng

Coach
For the oldies...

Manly Warringah, Toovey the stinker, lying in the grass with a shovel up his arse, as we sang and we watched and waited till Judas boiled, here comes the waltzing eel again

hindy111

Post Whore
Look all HJ is saying is its a team sport. Yes of course we know Hayne is the best ever.But when people say without him we would be nothing you could say that about another 4-5 teams.The fact is without Hayne we would have 1 million to spend on another fullback and probably get a dam good one too with a decent forward as well.
Credit goes to the guys like Gower.He is one of my faves.Probably earning just enough to keep going and busting his guts every week.

Credit goes to the guys like Gower.He is one of my faves.Probably earning just enough to keep going and busting his guts every week.

people are saying moeroa is the new hindy i reckon its gower gets through a mountain of work and always putting his hand up for more

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Tony Archer what a mong, hate the prick. Since he has taken over the refereeing has gone downhill fast which is quite a feat.

Delboy

First Grade
The stupid part is that if he was more honest and said something like, we need to understand the flow of the game dictates more than black and white laws, he would be congratulated, instead he tries to justify the unjustifiable - what a complete and utter muppet !!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Second half replay just started.

King just hit Moeroa high. He'll get at least a week for that. Unless he declares he's about to retire and risks missing his last game at Brookvale.

Second half replay just started.

King just hit Moeroa high. He'll get at least a week for that. Unless he declares he's about to retire and risks missing his last game at Brookvale.

We are actually better off for King not getting suspended. Now, if he clocks another bloke he will get suspended (regardless of early plea), and hopefully that might extend to a possible play off game against us.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We are actually better off for King not getting suspended. Now, if he clocks another bloke he will get suspended (regardless of early plea), and hopefully that might extend to a possible play off game against us.

Except for the fact King blows chunks, and him being out means they can substitute him with a half decent player...

Latest posts