What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 24: Parramatta Eels v Manly at Pirtek Stadium 7.45pm 22/8/14

Chipmunk

Coach
Currently watching the replay on Fox. We started the second half really well...But it's like when the Sandow try was disallowed, our next set of six we said "f**k you merkins, we need this more than you" and we just found away to score...

Semi's try was the turning point...We were virtually unstoppable from that point.

jk13

First Grade
Just quietly, I'd give hayne Motm for the head butt on the dog. Really satisfying moment

Chipmunk

Coach
Sandows 40/20 was also sensational. We did so much better with that 40/20 but just taking our time...rather than rushing things last week...

billy-girl

Juniors
Gees that Manly press conference was enlightening. Apparently we were "lucky". No credit to us whatsoever.

Wankers.

Suitman

Post Whore
Gees that Manly press conference was enlightening. Apparently we were "lucky". No credit to us whatsoever.

Wankers.

That's cool.
That sort of attitude is why they are so successful.
It'll also come back to bight them one day.

Suity

Gazzamatta

Coach
Arrogance in the extreme. Did Toovey whisper "lucky" referring to Parra when Lyon was talking. What a little grub.

Kornstar

Coach
At the game I still think the influence of Hayne was enormous, in that second half it looked like he willed us to win.

Wasn't M.O.M but his influence was massive.

souths_pride

Juniors

Wankers.

I wouldn't read too much into a Geoff Toovey press conference. No doubt he was one of the toughest players to play the game and a fantastic coach but I don't think anyone in the NRL community really takes his press conferences seriously! To be honest, I don't know why the press even bothers asking him questions; you know what hes going to say! "We're dudded by stupid referees!" "This needs to be fixed!" "There needs to be an investigation" "Such and such got lucky!" etc etc. He's not an idiot though; I think he does it to create a siege mentality at the club. I remember watching this 5 minute documentary on Fox that they play when they run out of interesting content to show, an apparently he reads the players hate mail during training!!

Chipmunk

Coach
At the game I still think the influence of Hayne was enormous, in that second half it looked like he willed us to win.

Wasn't M.O.M but his influence was massive.

Just watching the replay on Fox. Some of the things The Plane was part of in that second half was just sublime, without being brilliant...

His presence is enormous

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well done to the Eels I hope you guys make the top 8. The commitment was great to see and you had to beat the refs tonight as well like last week and most of the year you guys haven't got the rub of the green.

Heyne got penalized for back chatting the ref but Brett Stewart on 3 occasions was going off and being disrespectful yet he doesn't get penalised. Sandow's disallowed try was a 100percent try no defence was impeded and the Manly players weren't arguing with it before the ref went upstairs. Also in the 2nd minute Watmough clearly knocked on and it was ruled a strip and then Manly got piggy backed down field and scored. Also right on 58 minutes just short of halfway one of your guys was trying to get up and Watmough did a crusher tackle but of course no penalty and he will get off yet Ben Smith will probably be suspended.

Anyway great try from Radradra that was freakish. Norman is running the ball strong at five eighth and Sandow is a 40/20 machine. Great to see Parramatta playing great football again!

Brilliant coaching effort this year from Brad Arthur too!

Chipmunk

Coach
The last try to finish them off was just pure polish from our Big 3 of Sandow, The Plane and Hoppa...

Bring back the scrum for a 40/20 please....this is these 3 just playing with an opposition defence.

The 17 were tremendous, but our Big 3 stood up to finish them off.

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
Just watching the replay on Fox. Some of the things The Plane was part of in that second half was just sublime, without being brilliant...

His presence is enormous

Yep. If he is not there, we don't win. It is that simple.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well done to the Eels I hope you guys make the top 8. The commitment was great to see and you had to beat the refs tonight as well like last week and most of the year you guys haven't got the rub of the green.

Heyne got penalized for back chatting the ref but Brett Stewart on 3 occasions was going off and being disrespectful yet he doesn't get penalised. Sandow's disallowed try was a 100percent try no defence was impeded and the Manly players weren't arguing with it before the ref went upstairs. Also in the 2nd minute Watmough clearly knocked on and it was ruled a strip and then Manly got piggy backed down field and scored. Also right on 58 minutes just short of halfway one of your guys was trying to get up and Watmough did a crusher tackle but of course no penalty and he will get off yet Ben Smith will probably be suspended.

Anyway great try from Radradra that was freakish. Norman is running the ball strong at five eighth and Sandow is a 40/20 machine. Great to see Parramatta playing great football again!

Brilliant coaching effort this year from Brad Arthur too!

I like your unbiased and levelled opinions.
Post here anytime.

Suity

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thats a really good post! The thing about Manly and Melbourne in particular is that you can beat them as many times as you like in the regular season, but when it comes finals time they ALWAYS step up; very rarely in finals footy do those two teams have bad games.

Actually Manly always makes the finals and they win plenty of finals games, but when they go out they go out with a sissy squeal. By exactly 28 points:

'09: lost 40-12
'10: lost 28-0
'12: lost 40-12

souths_pride

Juniors
Thanks for that, most of my family and relatives go for Souths but some go for Parra so we always like to see each other doing well!

I think its fair to say that there is an unofficial alliance/truce between all Souths and Parra supporters this week. I'll tell you what would have been a good idea - if both clubs allowed each others season ticket holders to attend each others games for free like other clubs did earlier in the season! (I think it was done over the Easter long weekends games and in another couple of games as well !) In fact, its still not too late for us to come out and allow Parra season ticket holders to attend the game tomorrow night for free! It would be good to have more bums on seats at ANZ for such a crucial game for both teams!

hindy111

Post Whore
What a game.

If Andrew Johns is giving out Dally M points Jarryd will get 5.

Rightly so, I think lot of people take for granted all the little things he does that looks so simple, like a great kick to force a drop out, getting the ball out of in goals with 4 guys and the sideline to contest, taking a bomb without flinching -drawing and passing to create a try-busting a tackle nearly everytime he touches the ball and his 200 mtrs for the game.
There was plenty of small un-noticed touches he did that changed the game

Chipmunk

Coach
I think its fair to say that there is an unofficial alliance/truce between all Souths and Parra supporters this week. I'll tell you what would have been a good idea - if both clubs allowed each others season ticket holders to attend each others games for free like other clubs did earlier in the season! (I think it was done over the Easter long weekends games and in another couple of games as well !) In fact, its still not too late for us to come out and allow Parra season ticket holders to attend the game tomorrow night for free! It would be good to have more bums on seats at ANZ for such a crucial game for both teams!

You two obviously need to have words with our Membership guru Larissa... http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=438729

hindy111

Post Whore
Also loved the aggression from Kenny-de gois-Lussick and Tepai. If Man Mau is fit we could really have an agressive pack

Latest posts