What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 25: Non Parra games

strider

Post Whore
its interesting who you call a 2009 star ...

Inu - had already come off his best days ... struggled to get back in the team

Mateo - had been injured and couldn't get back in the starting lineup ... he certainly could provide spark but he was still a bit hit n miss .... I don't think star

Hindy - was hardly still "star" material ... big ticker but not a star - convenient how you selectively consider him a star or a liability depending on your point - lol

Grothe - he played like a star in the GF, but generally still the eric downfalls

In my mind, 2009 stars = Hayne, Moimoi .... maybe hindy

plenty of players lifted and we played great as a team .... but i think you are overrating the star factor

yy_cheng

Coach
I thought mortz, Kingston played their roles really well. I lost it with mortz when he tried to be a playmKer

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
its interesting who you call a 2009 star ...

Inu - had already come off his best days ... struggled to get back in the team

Mateo - had been injured and couldn't get back in the starting lineup ... he certainly could provide spark but he was still a bit hit n miss .... I don't think star

Hindy - was hardly still "star" material ... big ticker but not a star - convenient how you selectively consider him a star or a liability depending on your point - lol

Grothe - he played like a star in the GF, but generally still the eric downfalls

In my mind, 2009 stars = Hayne, Moimoi .... maybe hindy

plenty of players lifted and we played great as a team .... but i think you are overrating the star factor

By 'star' I mean a player capable of huge performances. These guys might be inconsistent but when they're on they are a major asset. That includes Grothe, Inu and Mateo.

In '09 Hindy was still a star as was Moimoi, who I was also critical of from 2012. It's nothing to do with selectively considering them liabilities; they went downhill from '09. In fact Hindy was in steady decline from about 2007.

strider

Post Whore
so hindy must have been a super star in 2007 then - and declined to just a star in in 2009 ;-)

i don't believe 2009 had much more star power than 2014 tbh ..... more experienced and able to pull together as a team tho

altho I must say, for someone who claims 2009 was just a fortunate blip for a declining roster, you sure rate alot of the players ..... just months later they were nuffies

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
so hindy must have been a super star in 2007 then - and declined to just a star in in 2009 ;-)

I'd say so. 2004-2006 Hindy was the best forward in the world.

i don't believe 2009 had much more star power than 2014 tbh ..... more experienced and able to pull together as a team tho

altho I must say, for someone who claims 2009 was just a fortunate blip for a declining roster, you sure rate alot of the players ..... just months later they were nuffies

I thought the 2009 team was overall pretty average for the reasons I gave - they had a lot of stars and a lot of nuffies, which roughly cancelled each other out. By the start of 2011 they had lost three of those match winners, lost their captain, and Moimoi and Hindmarsh were getting older. The players they lost were all replaced by plodders.

Chipmunk

Coach
That Titans team has no right to be able to come close to the Warriors team. I cannot see them getting anywhere near the win.

Chipmunk

Coach
You see thats what you do when your opponents make an error inside their own 20, you put a try on. Not deliver up garbage like Parra.

Kornstar

Coach
Is this how you play when your destiny is in your hands? Maybe someone should send the Eels the tape!

Chipmunk

Coach
The Titans quite simply are not interested. I don't think I have ever seen a team with less care about what is happening on the football field.

It's a training run for the Warriors.

Chipmunk

Coach
Is this how you play when your destiny is in your hands? Maybe someone should send the Eels the tape!

Warriors challenge will come next week when they will have to just beat a somewhat depleted Penrith team to make the Top 8. The Warriors are probably the best team in the comp when they are not pressured. It's when the pressure is applied that they come unstuck.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Watching this game just frustrates me on how disgraceful our performance was yesterday. Like Kornstar said this is how you play for your season. I cant see an injury plagued panthers beating this warrior's side

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The Titans quite simply are not interested. I don't think I have ever seen a team with less care about what is happening on the football field.

It's a training run for the Warriors.
And still they let in more points then we did in that half. we had everything on the line.

phantom eel

First Grade
Warriors challenge will come next week when they will have to just beat a somewhat depleted Penrith team to make the Top 8. The Warriors are probably the best team in the comp when they are not pressured. It's when the pressure is applied that they come unstuck.
And when they play away.

Despite their predictable dominance at home today, I don't think they'd be favoured to beat a Penrith team at home with something still to play for next week.

We're still in the hunt, if games next week go according to competition table order. But yes, against the Dogs two weeks ago and the Knights last night we were useless when we should have been playing out of our skins (like we did second half against Manly).

Shows what a difference Parra Stadium makes to us I guess?