What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.27 v GC

Girds89

Bench
Does anyone get the feeling we are just playing the long game.

I domt know... well need to improve a hell of a lot next week.

I think weve got 50% in the tank

Whether we can bust the top open i dont know

We will need to be much better

Fangs

Coach
Does anyone get the feeling we are just playing the long game.

I domt know... well need to improve a hell of a lot next week.

I think weve got 50% in the tank

Whether we can bust the top open i dont know

We will need to be much better

The last round is funny. Always has been for finals teams. This is obviously more than just one round of football in respect to criticism of the team but we won our game and secured a home final.

Remember 2017? Belted at Brookvale then we scraped a win against Manly the very next week in the finals. The way we won that game was the only way they could win it that year.

Cowboys belting the Dogs. Roosters looking shitty against the Rabbitohs. I'm not sure how much can be read into it. It's comparable to trial form.

Might be eating my words in a week from now but I think we will wipe the Roosters out.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The last round is funny. Always has been for finals teams. This is obviously more than just one round of football in respect to criticism of the team but we won our game and secured a home final.

Remember 2017? Belted at Brookvale then we scraped a win against Manly the very next week in the finals. The way we won that game was the only way they could win it that year.

Cowboys belting the Dogs. Roosters looking shitty against the Rabbitohs. I'm not sure how much can be read into it. It's comparable to trial form.

Might be eating my words in a week from now but I think we will wipe the Roosters out.
We've been treading water all year. It's not a last round thing

It’s convenient to blame Schneider but there are far bigger issues I’m afraid.
Completing sets (minimising errors) and better discipline (giving penalties away on 4th/5th tackle).

They fix that crap up and the edge defence won’t even be that big of an issue. But while they are giving away cheap possession and field position time and time again, eventually all the extra defensive work takes a toll and edges gets split. Then it compounds with more errors and more ill discipline.

Intensity has also been way down last month but I get it.

Goonji

Juniors
We finished the season as the best defensive team in the NRL. That’s 4 years in a row now. Our defence is going to carry us through the finals.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Clearly we are capable of playing a lot better than we have been the last few weeks and while Nathan returning ads something I'm dubious that it'll be enough to flick that switch.

I am confident however that despite our sub par performances it isn't going to be easy for anyone that has to go through us. That means we still have a chance.

Iamback

Coach
Hopefully Martin wears his NSW jersey under his Panthers one next week. He was horrible tonight

Last edited:

Latest posts