What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.27 v GC

Michael Matral

Juniors
I'm feeling Rumble in the Jungle rope a dope vibes this year..sub par season yet here we are..home final and second with Cleary returning next week..no one can be jazzed about the last few weeks offerings..but we have done enough to be here and will be basically at full strength next week. I for one will reserve judgement until after the Roosters game..whatever happens will happen, after years of success and talent pillaging..(not even cheerleading either)..we deserve to be lower yet I think there's a whole lot more in the tank..hoping next week we put it all together..as talent is great, but winning is everything..so far we keep winning more often than not..we are getting the job done more than most..but its not pretty..

Last edited:

Chins get the wins

First Grade
We can move on Schneider for someone else but it will all be a much of a muchness. SOS and Cogger would look the same in the current side, Knights fans all hate Cogger like I hate Tago.

Again I say who has more rep players then us

Tonight we only missed Cleary out of our top 17 we had

Edwards Origin, Test player CC medalist

To'o Origin test player - best winger in the game possibly best to ever play the game

Luai just won an Origin series. Won 3 in total

Fish is the current golden boot winner

Martin Origin and Test player

Yeo as well

Moses starting kiwi prop

of the rest of the side.

6 others have won comps. Some multiple.

We have a great squad on paper who aren't performing to their own high standards, That is where the expections come from
It looks like the type of roster that should make the top 2 in the comp.

Oh, hang on…

martielang

Bench
Chins and now you saying Schneider being blamed for the team performance. He's not being blamed for anything he's just being called what he is. A reserve grade halfback who should never see first grade here.

I just don’t think he’s been that bad given what he’s had to carry. I agree he is a reserve grade HB but our big boys on big boys money have been well below standard, almost to the point where you could argue they’re not trying so they get through to finals uninjured - Edwards excluded. Luai didn’t go near the ball last night and just cruised which heaped pressure on Schneider to make a big play when it’s really not his role.

Last edited:

Goonji

Juniors
G
I'm feeling Rumble in the Jungle rope a dope vibes this year..sub par season yet here we are..home final and second with Cleary returning next week..no one can be jazzed about the last few weeks offerings..but we have done enough to be here and will be basically at full strength next week. I for one will reserve judgement until after the Roosters game..whatever happens will happen, after years of success and talent pillaging..(not even cheerleading either)..we deserve to be lower yet I think there's a whole lot more in the tank..hoping next week we put it all together..as talent is great, but winning is everything..so far we keep winning more often than not..we are getting the job done more than most..but its not pretty..
How much of last nights performance was due to looking to next week, not what’s in front of them? I don’t think we should under estimate the long term loss of Cleary this year and the impact right across the team. Plenty of other injuries too. It’s fair to say the team has been dysfunctional most of the season.

With our best possible team on the paddock, I predict the old Panthers to smash the Roosters next week.

Iamback

Coach
It looks like the type of roster that should make the top 2 in the comp.

Oh, hang on…

Yep and now lets dig down on that.

how many of the 24 games we played would you personally like to rewatch?

Ivan has called the side out twice in the last month.

Last night he said

'a few guys have to do their jobs'

So if those in the inner circle are saying that, does it not go with what some of us on here have been saying?

It is a very soft comp and we are the only side that seems to want to tackle which helps

WestyLife

First Grade
Brad makes his tackles and kicks long ok. Luai wants the be "The Man" but he's been missing since Nathan went down. He's been disgraceful really

Maybe it's on Ivan or Luai but they're running plays as if Nathan is there and Schneider can't react in time. If he's there he needs to run once in a while and make his tackles while Luai controls 90% of things with Yeo

Iamback

Coach
Maybe it's on Ivan or Luai but they're running plays as if Nathan is there and Schneider can't react in time. If he's there he needs to run once in a while and make his tackles while Luai controls 90% of things with Yeo

The grubber on the 2nd tackle 45sec from halftime is an example of him over playing his hand.

if that was the on field plan than Luai should of kicked it. So he has a foot in both camps

WestyLife

First Grade
I just don’t think he’s been that bad given what he’s had to carry. I agree he is a reserve grade HB but our big boys on big boys money have been well below standard, almost to the point where you could argue they’re not trying so they get through to finals uninjured - Edwards excluded. Luai didn’t go near the ball last night and just cruised which heaped pressure on Schneider to make a big play when it’s really not his role.

That's fair.

soc123_au

Staff member
The issue this year is the sense of entitlement.

There has been this continued notion it is ours to lose, we have the best team, best squad when in reality this current side is perhaps not quite as good as those in past seasons.

I have suggested on more than one occasion I think we have done extraordinary well given all the adversity.

We are in with a chance, home final, if we are able to lift and beat the Roosters we will be one game away from another potential grand final.
You understand that the shit talking on here has absolutely zero bearing on how the team plays?

The frustration comes from what we are dishing up in comparison to what we are capable of.

There has been plenty of distractions/reasons for some of it, but it feels like some players are just not where they should be.

Stupid errors and poor disipline are far too common. A few of the players need a big wake up call. They are better than what they are delivering, we know, because we have seen it.

Yeo and To'o have delivered pretty much every week. Edwards as well mostly, his form the last few weeks can be forgiven due to injury, it's clearly not an attitude issue.

A few others need to have a good dig.

There are positives, Smith is going nicely, Henry is also coming along well. Casey is going to be great, he just doesn't have the experience yet.

Nathan back will help, hopefully he can hold together long enough.

The experienced members of our pack, Yeo aside, need to step up and rip in and Kenny needs to cut the shit out.

Ivan has made some odd calls this year, but it's too late to change much now apart from picking a bench we will use.

We can still get it done, but even with the players we have lost, injuries we have had, we should be romping this in.

age.s

First Grade
One positive aspect of last night is the defense was there. Yes we were playing an understrength side, but their tries were a freakish move by Campbell (who can do that to anybody) and a misplaced pass ending up in the hands of one of the fastest players in the game. Other than that we gave them very little. We routinely pinned them back on their sets and scrambled well when they threw it around in an attempt to break free. Our dynasty has been built on this style more than anything else and it doesn't look like it's gone anywhere. If we weren't dropping the ball every other set it would have been a 30-6 strangulation and we're talking about it being a healthy tune up.

Just on Schneider, I know he isn't the only issue, but he looks like he's playing underwater and makes some awful decisions. He's much worse than Cogger and SOS with the ball. It'd be a miracle if we won a premiership with him so hopefully we won't have to.

age.s

First Grade
Also, I thought Alamoti was poor last night. I wonder how far ahead of Casey he really is.

Edwards is a bigger worry though. Still 200% effort but isn't giving us his usual momentum with the ball and has had a few yips creep into his game, presumably due to his confidence dipping post-injury. I'm sure he'd be right with an off-season to recover but we don't have that luxury. I don't know if there's any option as you couldn't drop him now. Just have to hope/pray he'll come out firing in the next months.

We 100% need that week off. I don't think we run a 2021 style gauntlet this time around.

Fangs

Coach
Zero crowd atmosphere and playing a game plan to prevent injury lead to the worst performance all year!

Noticeable during the Dolphins game as well. Those two clubs would have the smallest fan bases.

Don't worry we will have atmosphere next week. Get the coffee machine cleaned up we have city people coming.

hindy111

Post Whore
Also, I thought Alamoti was poor last night. I wonder how far ahead of Casey he really is.

Edwards is a bigger worry though. Still 200% effort but isn't giving us his usual momentum with the ball and has had a few yips creep into his game, presumably due to his confidence dipping post-injury. I'm sure he'd be right with an off-season to recover but we don't have that luxury. I don't know if there's any option as you couldn't drop him now. Just have to hope/pray he'll come out firing in the next months.

We 100% need that week off. I don't think we run a 2021 style gauntlet this time around.

Alamoti is a power runner but his acceleration and speed isn't going to scare sides. C.Mclean is a better talent but probably hasn't played enough NRL and to late in season to take his spot.
Next season Casey will overtake him easily. Even Jesse may. Alamoti spot night be wing?