What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.27 v GC

Big Mick

Referee
The amount of support Alamoti gets mystifies me. He is highly error prone and struggles with defensive reads. He was okay defensively (albeit against an ordinary attack) but was atrocious otherwise. It’s also not just a one off either.

He is a work in progress.

I think he had his worse game for us last night. 2 bad errors but think he's been ok otherwise.

However, I think he was more in this team for the last 2 weeks due to his goalkicking vs Dylan who is clearly struggling with the knee.

Now that Nathan would be back - I'd be tempted to throw Casey back in who imo showed he's up to this level. But whoever is at centre next week will be a huge test - Roosters centres will be tough.

He has had the same disruptions our other backs have. Played a lot of wing in NSW cup too. I have a bit of sympathy for them to be honest.

32 career games and he turns 21 in January next year. Still very young and very much a work in progress. I think he will come good for us.
I think the young Eel will have the same troubles next year. Both amazing talents and I back them to come good longer term.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think he had his worse game for us last night. 2 bad errors but think he's been ok otherwise.

However, I think he was more in this team for the last 2 weeks due to his goalkicking vs Dylan who is clearly struggling with the knee.

Now that Nathan would be back - I'd be tempted to throw Casey back in who imo showed he's up to this level. But whoever is at centre next week will be a huge test - Roosters centres will be tough.

Juat gotta watch for Sualii shoulders to the head.

The Realist

Juniors
If use are wanting to Punt Tago I'd do it this off season. Is he really on 700k? You're going to need to chip in but someone will offer good money still.
Another poor season and they won't

No. Tago has shown he can be an Elite Centre. The guy didn't just lose ability. He has lost confidence combined with the big distraction of losing his best mate at the club.

I am backing him to come good - but he has got to want it and put in the work. Guess we will see come 2025.

Kilkenny

Coach
No. Tago has shown he can be an Elite Centre. The guy didn't just lose ability. He has lost confidence combined with the big distraction of losing his best mate at the club.

I am backing him to come good - but he has got to want it and put in the work. Guess we will see come 2025.
Tago is suffering from a lack of offence and yes his confidence is probably down.

Our attack has really created few attacking opportunities for him so he has basically been reduced to being a battering ram.

Iamback

Coach
He'd better fix his hands though. He has 1-2 loose carries a game virtually every game.

He is sitting at 13 errors from 13 games
McLean 7 from 7
May had 8 from 8

So you are going to get an error which ever way that goes. I said earlier the extra PCM and metres per run gets Alamoti the job

For the record Tago is at 33 errors in 23 games though with the most penalties in the team

That is why Tago gets the hate compared to a rookie

hindy111

Post Whore
The amount of support Alamoti gets mystifies me. He is highly error prone and struggles with defensive reads. He was okay defensively (albeit against an ordinary attack) but was atrocious otherwise. It’s also not just a one off either.

He is a work in progress.

I think he is an average talent I think. He is strong but isn't that fast and hasn't got any real explosiveness about him.
C.Mclean will be a centre next year and most likely Tago the other. It leaves a wing spot for Alamoti. J.Mclean might push for it and I also didn't think Laurie wasn't horrid when tried there.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think the young Eel will have the same troubles next year. Both amazing talents and I back them to come good longer term.

Blaize is an amazing talent. Was Alamoti the other your talking about? I just think he looks ok. Tago has been poor but he has genuine pace and explosiveness. Alamoti has power but bit sluggish. I wouldn't be suprised if Casey and Jesse Mclean go pass him next year.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think he is an average talent I think. He is strong but isn't that fast and hasn't got any real explosiveness about him.
C.Mclean will be a centre next year and most likely Tago the other. It leaves a wing spot for Alamoti. J.Mclean might push for it and I also didn't think Laurie wasn't horrid when tried there.

Apparently Alamoti was clocked at one of the fastest runners in the comp according to an article shared a week or so ago. He certainly doesn't look it but the Asian guy with the laptop would have the numbers.

Iamback

Coach
Blaize is an amazing talent. Was Alamoti the other your talking about? I just think he looks ok. Tago has been poor but he has genuine pace and explosiveness. Alamoti has power but bit sluggish. I wouldn't be suprised if Casey and Jesse Mclean go pass him next year.

Alamoti aparently is the fastest at the club. His intercept v Cows proves it is possible

Pomoz

Bench
The speed numbers only measure bursts, not sustained speed. I am not sure Alamoti is fast over more than 25m. I don't know who is the quickest at the Panthers, but all our players are pretty slow. We would probably have the slowest backline in the competition. I wonder whether our training staff prioritise condition over speed, because we haven't had a fast player in our team during the five year run.

WestyLife

First Grade
The speed numbers only measure bursts, not sustained speed. I am not sure Alamoti is fast over more than 25m. I don't know who is the quickest at the Panthers, but all our players are pretty slow. We would probably have the slowest backline in the competition. I wonder whether our training staff prioritise condition over speed, because we haven't had a fast player in our team during the five year run.

After the last month I'd back Tago to be in the top 5 or 10 players. He went with the Titans winger who's said to be one of the fastest in the comp.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't think over a 100mtrs matter or even 50 as much as over 15mtrs.
D.Lauire from my eye is the quickest. That's probably just over a short distance .