What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 4

My Dad, brother and me are heading down to Melbourne for the game in rd 4. seeing as it's Good Friday and the game is at 3:30 we've decided to head there and back in the one day.

Dad's in the process of booking tickets this week - and was talking to my uncle (who's orginally from melbourne) about it today...he said you can get a bus from the airport to the stadium but it costs about 16 bucks a pop
Instead he suggested to get a car service which will be cheaper

Is anyone who defintly knows that they are going, interested in this? perhaps if we get enough interest we could even hire a mini bus? It would work out a lot cheaper than getting a bus or cab

Sas2200

Juniors
sorry mate, being good friday, we will watch it over here, however we are flying up to the gold coast for round 6, so watch out aj! the boys are coming!!!!

The bus is about $22 from memory, though we didnt take it cause we caught a cab to dockland apartments which is where we stayd the weekend. If you have time, head over to the all you can eat buffet at the crown....yum!!!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
the bus you are talking about is one called skybus.. which operates between the airport and southern cross station, which is right next to ethihad stadium.. yes, it's $16 per head..

a cab from airport to city, if you get the right traffic, will be about $40.. but add on a 20% public holiday surcharge to that..

so.. it works out about the same..

that being said, if you buy a return ticket for skybus, it's generally cheaper than buying a $16 ticket each way..

big pat

Coach
My Dad, brother and me are heading down to Melbourne for the game in rd 4. seeing as it's Good Friday and the game is at 3:30 we've decided to head there and back in the one day.

Dad's in the process of booking tickets this week - and was talking to my uncle (who's orginally from melbourne) about it today...he said you can get a bus from the airport to the stadium but it costs about 16 bucks a pop
Instead he suggested to get a car service which will be cheaper

Is anyone who defintly knows that they are going, interested in this? perhaps if we get enough interest we could even hire a mini bus? It would work out a lot cheaper than getting a bus or cab

sorry i'll be at church, will have to record and watch it later.

Steel Dragon

Bench
I saw the thread and thought 'what a good idea - i have the day off - why not go to melb and watch the boys run round'
Then i remembered - its my mates wedding on the Saturday. :(
Coincidentally he's a Storm supporter - heres hoping he gets f***ed two nights in a row!

Living in Queensland I already have to put up with high quality arseholes. And that doesn't count the huge number of expat Victorians. Why would I want to go to the arsehole of Earth?

I saw the thread and thought 'what a good idea - i have the day off - why not go to melb and watch the boys run round'
Then i remembered - its my mates wedding on the Saturday. :(
Coincidentally he's a Storm supporter - heres hoping he gets f***ed two nights in a row!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I laughed for a good 5 minutes!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
or.. take 2..

Why would I want to go to the arsehole of Earth?

you could choose to go to a volcano if you wanted...

but it looks like the earth had a vindaloo curry for dinner last night..

0720_A55.jpg

the bus you are talking about is one called skybus.. which operates between the airport and southern cross station, which is right next to ethihad stadium.. yes, it's $16 per head..

a cab from airport to city, if you get the right traffic, will be about $40.. but add on a 20% public holiday surcharge to that..

so.. it works out about the same..

that being said, if you buy a return ticket for skybus, it's generally cheaper than buying a $16 ticket each way..

Perhaps you could pick us up? haha :p

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Myself and the other half are planning to fly down and back in the same day, hopefully booking flights not long after the New Year for the Good Friday game. Skybus is the way to go, it gets to Southern Cross Station which is about 200m from Etihad.

OurRedV

Juniors
I'm heading down there, can't wait! Skybus is a top company, used their services earlier this year.

St. Linnane

First Grade
Already booked. Qantas had flights for $105 each way. 10am down, 7:30pm back and off to the Golden Slipper at Rosehill the next day, which coincidentally is also my birthday.

big pat

Coach
Already booked. Qantas had flights for $105 each way. 10am down, 7:30pm back and off to the Golden Slipper at Rosehill the next day, which coincidentally is also my birthday.

hope its a winning weekend for you, both league and gee gee's.;-)