What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.5 v SeaEagles

Crashtest

Juniors
Yes he played like a bum and he's not a bum. If you watched the game it was clear as day

I have already said he played like shit, so yes I did watch the game.

Your opinion is he must have still been injured and picked anyway because he played shit And Ivan cost us the game. But thats your opinion, not facts.

My opinion is that the medical staff and Ivan would not risk a player as important as JFH in an early season game, by picking him while still being injured, especially when he had already sat out two games and we had been winning without him anyway. This is my opinion, and I am not trying to pass my opinion off as facts, nor trying to insult you to make my point by asking “if you watched the game” or saying “some people just can’t see facts”

He had a bad game, it happens to everyone at some point. But there were plenty of other Panther players that played shit as well. So by your argument, were they all injured as well.

So back to your original point, no we did not lose this game because Ivan picked injured players, we lost because Manly outplayed us. If you think we would of won this game if Ivan had picked a player like Mav or Riki on the bench instead of JFH, then “did you even watch this game”, because it proves your own point that that
”some people just can’t see facts”

Last edited:

Pomoz

Bench
I have already said he played like shit, so yes I did watch the game.

Your opinion is he must have still been injured and picked anyway because he played shit And Ivan cost us the game. But thats your opinion, not facts.

My opinion is that the medical staff and Ivan would not risk a player as important as JFH in an early season game, by picking him while still being injured, especially when he had already sat out two games and we had been winning without him anyway. This is my opinion, and I am not trying to pass my opinion off as facts, nor trying to insult you to make my point by asking “if you watched the game” or saying “some people just can’t see facts”

He had a bad game, it happens to everyone at some point. But there were plenty of other Panther players that played shit as well. So by your argument, were they all injured as well.

So back to your original point, no we did not lose this game because Ivan picked injured players, we lost because Manly outplayed us. If you think we would of won this game if Ivan had picked a player like Mav or Riki on the bench instead of JFH, then “did you even watch this game”, because it proves your own point that that
”some people just can’t see facts”
To me, I think the point is that Martin was definitely injured and "next man up" should apply. JFH just looked underdone, as does Leota. To be honest, the whole squad, besides a few individuals like Yeo and Edwards, looked cooked. "Next man up" doesn't change the result but it does make sure players get a chance to recover when they are injured or needing some conditioning (JFH) or rest (May).

In any case, its a long season and Ivan has shown he knows how to pace us for the long run. Facts are in short supply, nobody has access to training and medical records, but the eye test certainly made some decisions look questionable. We are so used to Ivan getting it right, when we lose and look pretty ordinary, we start looking for answers.

Kilkenny

Coach
To me, I think the point is that Martin was definitely injured and "next man up" should apply. JFH just looked underdone, as does Leota. To be honest, the whole squad, besides a few individuals like Yeo and Edwards, looked cooked. "Next man up" doesn't change the result but it does make sure players get a chance to recover when they are injured or needing some conditioning (JFH) or rest (May).

In any case, its a long season and Ivan has shown he knows how to pace us for the long run. Facts are in short supply, nobody has access to training and medical records, but the eye test certainly made some decisions look questionable. We are so used to Ivan getting it right, when we lose and look pretty ordinary, we start looking for answers.
The question is are we reading to much into this particular loss or is this the start of a gradual decline.

The amount of players we have lost as a consequence of the salary cap or otherwise has been immense over four seasons now.

Lets face reality at some point it was going to impact and our depth was going to be tested.

If you don’t have the depth in quality then there is going to be pressure to play players who are either carrying niggling injury or not fully fit.

I suspect, we are in a rebuild phase, not our fault just the reality with Laui leaving and now JFH.

The fourpeat if that is what it is called, remains possible, but we are going to have things to go our way in terms of injury and on other fronts. This notion some suggest it remains ours to lose is farcical frankly. We are going to have to do something pretty special just to make the top four and give ourselves a chance. It’s gonna be tough, really tough in reality.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The question is are we reading to much into this particular loss or is this the start of a gradual decline.

The amount of players we have lost as a consequence of the salary cap or otherwise has been immense over four seasons now.

Lets face reality at some point it was going to impact and our depth was going to be tested.

If you don’t have the depth in quality then there is going to be pressure to play players who are either carrying niggling injury or not fully fit.

I suspect, we are in a rebuild phase, not our fault just the reality with Laui leaving and now JFH.

The fourpeat if that is what it is called, remains possible, but we are going to have things to go our way in terms of injury and on other fronts. This notion some suggest it remains ours to lose is farcical frankly. We are going to have to do something pretty special just to make the top four and give ourselves a chance. It’s gonna be tough, really tough in reality.
You've said the same thing re us being the best side in the comp for at least 3 years now. If fit we win the comp again in 2024

2025 is a WHOLE different story

Kilkenny

Coach
You've said the same thing re us being the best side in the comp for at least 3 years now. If fit we win the comp again in 2024

2025 is a WHOLE different story
I probably have or did but doesn’t alter the fact we aren’t quite the same side in 2024. We don’t have the depth, you are complaining about our bench each and every week why is that?

In an ideal scenario, if we finish in the top four, with Cleary, Laui, Edwards and Kenny fit and available then as I have said we give ourselves a chance.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I probably have or did but doesn’t alter the fact we aren’t quite the same side in 2024. We don’t have the depth, you are complaining about our bench each and every week why is that?

In an ideal scenario, if we finish in the top four, with Cleary, Laui, Edwards and Kenny fit and available then as I have said we give ourselves a chance.
As I said if FIT we are the best side in the 2024 competition by a decent margin.

Iamback

Coach

We don't have the depth yet.

Mid year will be different as we blood more guys and NSW Cup owns the rest of the comp