What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.6 v Broncos

age.s

First Grade
How so? They scored off a To'o being beaten off a kick and a gap between Yeo/May. how is it crappy D?

To'o's hands let him down

His effort for their second try was abysmal. He was pretty tentative with the ball for the first 50-60 minutes too.

On the plus side he injected himself nicely towards the end of the game. That tackle break into flick pass which nearly put Staines over was quality. His hands in backline movements are very nice.

He had a mixed night at best.

The_Frog

First Grade
His effort for their second try was abysmal. He was pretty tentative with the ball for the first 50-60 minutes too.
Both May and Crichton badly beaten for that try. We've now conceded 7 tries this year in 6 games, and its hard to think of one that wasn't soft.

franklin2323

Immortal

On the plus side he injected himself nicely towards the end of the game. That tackle break into flick pass which nearly put Staines over was quality. His hands in backline movements are very nice.

He had a mixed night at best.

the second try was on the gap that was made from Yeo/May miss. I can never blame the fullback when those tries are scored. Them making tackles in those situations are a bonus really.

As for tentative with the ball. That is just him he is one of those guys that looks like he is jogging but is just the running style

Moylan was the same

Smug Panther

First Grade
Momo is good for not setting up Staines at least once a week. 2 solid opportunities tonight wasted cause he gets tunnel vision
I just don't think he can pass that way to be honest. Took a brilliant flick pass facing the wrong way last week

Girds89

Bench
Have to give credit to broncs. They play like that every week and they'll start winning. I said before the game there weak points are the half's and that was the only reason they lost tonight. Add a bit of class there and they beat us easy imo

age.s

First Grade
the second try was on the gap that was made from Yeo/May miss. I can never blame the fullback when those tries are scored. Them making tackles in those situations are a bonus really.

As for tentative with the ball. That is just him he is one of those guys that looks like he is jogging but is just the running style

Moylan was the same

Hardly a ringing endorsement there. Moylan was an ordinary runner of the ball at best. His vision and passing was what made him effective.

Anyway not going to harp on it. Crichton is a fill and and in that context its not the end of the world. We need Edwards back asap though.

Girds89

Bench
I just don't think he can pass that way to be honest. Took a brilliant flick pass facing the wrong way last week

He doesn't even look. He does some good things and is a better defender than naden but he's running style in attack is a killer. Steps and weaves and lacks pace. Defenders just stand back and slide and it takes away time from Staines when he gets it under pressure.

Naden is a strong, hard hole/line runner who can actually pass. Really think Staines would improve tenfold with him inside him in attack. Guess defence is just the question.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think this is why Ivan brought May on, to bolster the defence, and especially to assist Kenny. May made 27 tackles in his 31 minutes, Kenny made 63 and Yeo 50.

The middle had 2 or 3 HIAs which forced some interesting interchanges.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I thought that was a great win, hats off to the broncos, that’s first time in as long as I can remember that our forward pack got bash up a bit.

Iceman and Romey stood up once again and got us home, as good as the field goal and try were, I thought Romey’s grubber into the in goal for the repeat set was clutch.

6 in a row Baby, bring on the knights!

mxlegend99

Referee
Any chance you can 'time stamp' them?
He killed a lot of opportunities down that edge. We spread it with numbers and his instinct is to ignore the space outwide and go for himself.

Critter looks like he has a good right pass on him. Definitely think he slots in at right centre once Edwards returns.

He's awful at fullback but he did show a few promising signs for his ball running and passing at least.

panthersam

Juniors
I thought you could just see it in his eyes. He just had the look like he was going to get us home. He's 23 for crying out loud. Look at where cronk, jt etc were at this stage of their careers. Man we have a special talent on our hands

Yeah I always forget his age because his performances are constantly matching and bettering those of the most experienced and mature players! I really love the passion he plays with too, the way he celebrated that try you just know he wants to be successful with this club.

Latest posts