What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 8: Live Game Day Thread - Eels v Tigers Sunday 29 April

Chipmunk

Coach
so after this round are we back to playing the Panfers again for the third time ?

I wonder if they will let us play any other teams this year

No, Sharks...

So in the first 9 games we will play Panthers, Manly, Sharks, Tigers twice...

Glenneel

Bench
So. We play the Tigers again, eh? They are a much better team than Manly. Call me a deathrider, but I don't think we can beat them. Our forwards simply can't play out of their skins every week, and I think Hayne's injury will be a big blow. Tigers are capable of blitzing the score board at any time, and I don't think our defence is confident enough to.handle them. Could be another flogging.
I'd like to think we took a lot of confidence out of that win and hopefully I'll kick start our season. Yes our defence needs to improve but our attack has been woeful until now but finally (and it has only taken over 4 years) we offloaded which helped create space and the backs and especially the halves looked good because of it.
Now the Tigers defence has a bit more steel in it then Manly but hopefully they won't revert back to the old ways of no offloads and bash and barge otherwise we'll get smashed. That is my fear.

lingard

Coach
I'd like to think we took a lot of confidence out of that win and hopefully I'll kick start our season. Yes our defence needs to improve but our attack has been woeful until now but finally (and it has only taken over 4 years) we offloaded which helped create space and the backs and especially the halves looked good because of it.
Now the Tigers defence has a bit more steel in it then Manly but hopefully they won't revert back to the old ways of no offloads and bash and barge otherwise we'll get smashed. That is my fear.

Yeah, true. I suppose if the forwards can stay on the front foot it will give us room to off-load. Strangely, I'm more concerned about the Tigers' attack. I reckon they're the sort of team who are great at counter-attacking. Hope I'm wrong, but I think they are exactly the sort of team we don't want to face right now. We'll have to be disciplined and hang on to the ball. So, off-loads would be great but we'll have to be bloody careful with them. This will be a nerve-wracking game.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Noise

Coach
We new the injury was bullshit when he participated in the mid week full contact session

Happy MEel

First Grade
Obviously thar quote shows he was definitely dropped but at the time he was on the injury list (Scott wasn't ).
My guess is that they were protecting a young player from the media who are out to create rumours of disharmony every chance they get. Scott’s a badass so they don’t need to wrap him up in cotton wool.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Gees, Bevan French sure is a impressive young man - great head on his shoulders.

I'm very impressed with his attitude.

Our attack so much better with instead of running block plays and going out the back we used decoys behind the ball carrier, one advantage of that is not much chance of getting pinged for obstruction.
Go back to the video and have a look at Normans try and see what i mean by the decoys behind the ball carrier.

84 Baby

Referee
Our attack so much better with instead of running block plays and going out the back we used decoys behind the ball carrier, one advantage of that is not much chance of getting pinged for obstruction.
Go back to the video and have a look at Normans try and see what i mean by the decoys behind the ball carrier.
Problem was we kept going to the block plays without doing the lead up work with the decoy running to wreck the defensive line. Have to earn the right to play training session football