What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10: Eels v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Suncorp 15/5/22

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think he is ok. But no better then what we have.
I want to keep BA untill our seasons done then decide. We may win the comp. I am not giving up hope yet. We have the fundamentals but seem to go off at times.

I'm sure in 2001 after rnd 10 we had 5 wins and a draw. Aslong as we are 50% come rnd 17 and go on a hot run for our last 8 games. We'd end up top 4 and full of steam.
2017 we were 5 wins from 11 games and stormed home to win 11 from last 13 games to finish 4th.

We got unlucky against Melbourne in finals week 1 and should have won.

Then didn't handle the following week against the cowboys.

crocodile

Bench
Just saw a clip on Facebook showing the forward pass that Sualli picked up to score his first try. Only several metres forward.
Wasn't even challenged or looked at. Still hardly a mention. Ref must've ruled that a sudden gust of wind appeared and blew it forward.

Gazzamatta

Coach
There was this weird moment when one of the Roosters had the ball knocked out in a tackle, I think it was Makatoa on Tupou, when right then they switched to the overhead camera. For a second it looked like the ball grew in size as it flew into the air. I nearly shat myself.
Eeewwwww! Are you ok now Poo? (I hate that f'n camera as well)

No hate for Reed and Reg for the first try defensive shit storm ?

Gutho for failing to gather the rolling ball for the second try ?

Opacic for being binned which led to the Walker 3rd try because Gutho was making up numbers in the line ?

No praise for our resilience in not putting the queue in the rack at half time ?

No praise for Moses who clearly was was the best on the park ?

No focus on how Dylan stopped a huge backrower with a solid tackle and because the merkin was falling, penalty Roosters in front of the posts, game over (5 behind to 7 behind) ?

What about both Jnr and Nrown only running 70 odd metres each ?

Nah, lets post scarcasm about the guy in the box, because it was his fault.

Happy Monday merkins. #thisisparramatta
Here come the BA apologists to the rescue.

We won't win anything with our defence. Again Storm and Panthers we showed we can play at a high level, but we can't do it consistently.

Why not? We are fit enough, aren't we? Is it mental?

Our attack is pedestrian at best. Who is responsible for the lack of set plays?

I know we are struggling with the injuries in the backs, but surely Russell had to play yesterday if fit.

One comment on the officiating. The penalty against Brown for the high shot was ridiculous. Brown tackles the player, he stays down. Ref has no ruling. So, instead of taking the player off, we have an extended stoppage. Bunker looks at replay after replay and then tells ref there was contact with the head. Penalty and on report. Replay shows the Rooster drop his head into the arm, not the arm slide up into the face.

Did the Rooster have to go off for a HIA? I note Sualli did not after his head knock.
Well according to the apologists the coach is not responsible for anything. He’s not responsible for the set plays, he doesn’t have an input to the player signings and he’s not responsible for the last 9 years of choking under his watch. Apparently nobody is responsible.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We got unlucky against Melbourne in finals week 1 and should have won.
Or were we lucky to get so close? I think Melbourne had an off night, which is what we might need if we meet them in the finals. This squad is better than the 2017 team that lost in Melbourne. If we get the same amount of luck we'll win.

Or were we lucky to get so close? I think Melbourne had an off night, which is what we might need if we meet them in the finals. This squad is better than the 2017 team that lost in Melbourne. If we get the same amount of luck we'll win.
Nah, we were shafted. But we might get less shafted in the future. A bit. Anything's possible.

lucablight

First Grade
Where they're tipped to finish is irrelevant. The reality is where they end up finishing. That shows how good the team is, not where dopes thought they'd finish.
So teams can’t overachieve or underachieve? You’re the one who talks about how many games we should expect to win in different scenarios but now expectations are irrelevant?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So teams can’t overachieve or underachieve? You’re the one who talks about how many games we should expect to win in different scenarios but now expectations are irrelevant?
When we talk about expectations we are assuming that we know how strong a team is relative to its opponents. That is more likely later in the season after a sufficiently large sample of games than before round one when every deadshit is making their predictions.

We know more about the 16 teams after ten rounds than we did in February, but not as much as we will know at the end of round 25.

lucablight

First Grade
When we talk about expectations we are assuming that we know how strong a team is relative to its opponents. That is more likely later in the season after a sufficiently large sample of games than before round one when every deadshit is making their predictions.

We know more about the 16 teams after ten rounds than we did in February, but not as much as we will know at the end of round 25.
Teams have expectations where they think they should be finishing. The Bulldogs season would be considered a pass if they made week 1 of the finals whereas a team like Penrith or Melbourne would view that as a failure. You can always adjust expectations later on when teams consistently demonstrate what they are capable of. It’s rather disingenuous to just say teams finished where they did and nothing should come of it because that’s how it should have been.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well obviously teams can over- and underachieve, but it is within a margin to account for randomness (luck). I think this Parramatta team should win about 15 from 24, plus or minus about 2 games. The actual individual wins are irrelevant. If we beat a team we shouldn’t have we surely had some luck, just like losing to a team we should’ve beaten means we were probably unlucky.

But this prediction of mine assumes I know how strong we are relative to the competition. Being an avid watcher of the game and this being my team it’s likely I have a fair idea but I could be completely wrong, especially since I am emotionally invested and want them to win. Maybe I overrate our players and they should only be winning 13 games plus/minus a couple?

lucablight

First Grade
Well obviously teams can over- and underachieve, but it is within a margin to account for randomness (luck). I think this Parramatta team should win about 15 from 24, plus or minus about 2 games. The actual individual wins are irrelevant. If we beat a team we shouldn’t have we surely had some luck, just like losing to a team we should’ve beaten means we were probably unlucky.

But this prediction of mine assumes I know how strong we are relative to the competition. Being an avid watcher of the game and this being my team it’s likely I have a fair idea but I could be completely wrong, especially since I am emotionally invested and want them to win. Maybe I overrate our players and they should only be winning 13 games plus/minus a couple?
I think you underrate our team when you make statements like the Cowboys are on the same level as us. I can’t agree with your assessment about how we should have finished 6th last season and thought that was ridiculous. I think finishing outside the top 4 this season would be underachieving but not surprising.

hindy111

Post Whore

Yeah nah. We had Manu,Jennings and Semi. KE on bench It was an explosive team.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I think he is ok. But no better then what we have.
I want to keep BA untill our seasons done then decide. We may win the comp. I am not giving up hope yet. We have the fundamentals but seem to go off at times.

I'm sure in 2001 after rnd 10 we had 5 wins and a draw. Aslong as we are 50% come rnd 17 and go on a hot run for our last 8 games. We'd end up top 4 and full of steam.

Ahh yes I remember they started really well in Round 1 but lost every 2nd game to Sharks, Knights, Raiders, had two draws against Bulldogs and Cowboys. I think it was the game against the Tigers they really exploded and kept smashing teams after.