What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12 2020 Non Parra games - Indigenous Round

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kotoni Staggs is one player i would throw good coin at. Gun player. Aggressive, quick, footy smarts and decent goal kicker..not that we need a centre but u never know in a couple of years...will be nsw centre if he remains injury free

Bradman Best would be my pick over Staggs, in terms of coin and NSW honours in a year or two

TheParraboy

Staff member
Getting pipped in the last five is even better than seeing them belted. They would have been so excited at 26 - 18 and now they have folded.

They were celebrating like they won the match when they scored the try to make it 26-18, stupid Drongos

Cronulla 18-0 last 9 minutes

Tooooks

Bench
Good performance from the Donkeys. Conceded under 40 and lost by only 10 points. They’re getting better.

TheParraboy

Staff member
So..

Siebolds needs to win 5 from 8 to keep his job

Don't fancy a win next week either against Souths in Sydney
That may be the end of Seibold, the irony

emjaycee

Coach
So Brisbane play better than they have for the last 9 rounds, against an under-strength Sharks team and all of a sudden the Fox commentators are trying to work out who can swallow the most.
And now they start to spit not swallow...

Soto

Bench
Siebold is very stressed. His body language is there for all to see. I actually feel a little sorry for him.
It would have to be very unhealthy for him at the moment. He certainly doesn't look good. The haircut masks it. For his own health and sanity he needs to step down

Tooooks

Bench
Siebold is very stressed. His body language is there for all to see. I actually feel a little sorry for him.

I feel sorry for him every week. Seems like a decent fella and after last weeks effort, he looked a broken man. He can’t be enjoying life at the moment and I can’t see him getting another NRL coaching gig.

hindy111

Post Whore
Another top prospect. I think Kotoni just edges him at the moment.
Two excellent centre prospects for nsw for years to come

Along with Crichton and Lomax some excellent young centres coming through. Unsure if Crtichton is eligible for NSW but he is perhaps the pick of the bunch.

hindy111

Post Whore
Brisbanes problem goes down to 3 signings. There problems are easy fixed. It isn't like the Dogs or Titans.

2 of those signings was just a bit unlucky.

1. Jack Bird. Costing 800k+ and never realy played. So close to 10% of cap gone.

2. Milford. Still a solid player but not the big name signing they where hoping to get.

3. Boyd extension. Another 800k player who provides similar output to a 200k player. And he never should of been given that contract.

Scrap those 3 guys and they have close to 2 million in pocket.
If they snapped up a good centre for around 400k they could buy a halfback for 850k and 5/8 for 600k. The side would be back to a premiership contender. I don't think the clubs a huge mess people want to make out.

Tooooks

Bench
Brisbanes problem goes down to 3 signings. There problems are easy fixed. It isn't like the Dogs or Titans.

1. Jack Bird. Costing 800k+ and never realy played. So close to 10% of cap gone.

2. Milford. Still a solid player but not the big name signing they where hoping to get.

3. Boyd extension. Another 800k player who provides similar output to a 200k player. And he never should of been given that contract.

If they snapped up a good centre for around 400k they could buy a halfback for 850k and 5/8 for 600k. The side would be back to a premiership contender. I don't think the clubs a huge mess people want to make out.

I think you’re spot on. I was thinking last night, they’re really not far off having a very decent team. I don’t think they’ll be struggling for too long.

strider

Post Whore

Bird - should never have been signed for close to a million. Good player but not elite.
Boyd - yeah too much for aging player. Was it uncle wayne's doing?
Milford - he was potentially one of the games best when younger - probably worth a decent contract - but needs the right players around him. Has dropped off a bit now.

strider

Post Whore
I must say - I hardly recognised Cronulla's backline last night ... brisbane had their best opportunity to jag a win - and couldn't