What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12 2024: 735pm Eels v Souths GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium May 25th

Not picking on a young kid, but I'd put Blaize back in Cup next week, if Gutho and Penisini are fit.

Tell him and his manager to work out what position they think he's looking for a contract to play, and pick him in that position in Cup until he can get good enough to show he's worth a new contract - seeing as he refused his existing Player Option to stay with us.

Delboy

First Grade
That should be the end of Lussick in first grade, obviously not up to it. Someone said that prior to his return from UK, when Hands started we were 9 from 12.

Joe O offers so much more than Junior these days, Talagi has no idea of positional sense as a fullback and tends to overplay his hand when coming into the line. Barrett needs to have a long hard think about future selections, it’s time to promote some of the younger players and see what they have got.

At least then any incoming coach will be able to make a judgement call on retention, some hard decisions to long term players need to be made.

Last edited:

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Not picking on a young kid, but I'd put Blaize back in Cup next week, if Gutho and Penisini are fit.

Tell him and his manager to work out what position they think he's looking for a contract to play, and pick him in that position in Cup until he can get good enough to show he's worth a new contract - seeing as he refused his existing Player Option to stay with us.
f**k that
He can play whatever position the team needs.
If he’s not happy f**k off

He looks a good talent … I’d be putting him in centre but if he wants to hold off of signing to get more money and a guaranteed position … him and his manager can f**k right off

King-Gutho94

Coach
12 Losses in a row without Gutho

Most alarming is the defensive scores we leak when isn't there

16-18 v Melbourne - 2017 Finals
16-24 v North QLD - 2017 Finals
14-24 v Penrith - 2018
0-54 v Manly - 2018
4-14 v Cronulla - 2018
20-30 v Wests Tigers - 2018
6-12 v Penrith - 2018
6-40 v Penrith - 2021
10-46 v New Zealand - 2023
14-30 v Brisbane - 2024
16-48 v Melbourne - 2024
26-42 v Souths - 2024

JokerEel

Coach
He’s the qld origin fullback. Slater would not pick someone as bad defensively as Talagi. To say Talagi is as good defensively as Walsh is laughable.

Talagi drops a bomb every week, is often poorly positioned for kicks and struggles to make effective tackles.

Broncos averaged 17 points a game against them lest season he was barely tested out the back but when he was he wasn't great.

Walsh's attack hides his defence same as Ma'am his defence is terrible for a 5/8 but can hide due to his team mates not being shit like our players..

Blaize has played less than 10 games at fullback of course he won't be in position like Edwards or Gutho.

He isn't worth the money his manager is asking for though no one at our club deserves what they are currently on

The Predictor

Juniors
Can’t blame Trent for this shit effort, they’ve done much worse after halftime, no point sticking it to TB, he won’t b the coach, so what’s the point, anyone in any form taking this job, is handed a poison chalice, I’ve never come across a more non commital team than this mob, they are an abomination and embarrassment to the club, and the greats who spilled blood for this once great club, you would think after 40 years of nothing, they would have punted us

JokerEel

Coach
Let's hope Barret end the Brown to halfback option and moves him back to the left Asi hasn't been good but I doubt they are willing to play Sanders anymore...

Paulo and Reg are shot.. Reg does that once a few sets rushing out of the line to put a big hit and that's all...

Paulo can't run hard anymore was just watching when They scored Thier second try

Wally21

Bench
That should be the end of Lussick in first grade, obviously not up to it. Someone said that prior to his return from UK, when Hands started we were 9 from 12.

Joe O offers so much more than Junior these days, Talagi has no idea of positional sense as a fullback and tends to overplay his hand when coming into the line. Barrett needs to have a long hard think about future selections, it’s time to promote some of the younger players and see what they have got.

At least then any incoming coach will be able to make a judgement call on retention, some hard decisions to long term players need to be made.
Agree I would keep Joffa and f**k off Barlow ASAP.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I’m excited to see what Blaize can do out the back off Mitch.

Outside/Inside balls and little trick plays up short sides etc Moses will know how to utilise his speed.

The seasons a write off, I’d persist with Talagi at 1. He isn’t going to improve without playing the position.