What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: EELS v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Allianz Stadium 19/5/23

emjaycee

Coach
The sad thing Is that I think there are gaps in their squad too.

If we had Taane Milne on the wing we would be disappointed. Isaiah Tass would be take it or leave it at Parra. Hame Sele is no better than our starting props really. Host and Chee Kam wouldn't stack up as our second rowers. Their bench is no better than ours.

Really, there are gaps that can be exploited. But we just don't have the game plan, motivation or thrust through the middle at the moment to take advantage.

If we had their squad we would still be in the bottom 8. Could it be coaching?
So with just over 3 hours until kick-off, you haven't written us off then.
Excellent, another optimistic poster has moved over from the cynical, gloom-ridden side.

Legal Eel

Juniors
So with just over 3 hours until kick-off, you haven't written us off then.
Excellent, another optimistic poster has moved over from the cynical, gloom-ridden side.
I am usually optimistic actually.

I see ways we can win - I always do.

It is this optimism that is the very reason I believe our current coach can't get it done.

I believe we have a squad that can compete - but i also believe some dumb decisions (Hodgson, certain tactics, Dunster) are holding us back.

I think these tactics and decisions are repeated and endemic throughout the coach's tenure.

So yes, I am an optimist and I hope that we overcome some of the poorer tactics and the handicap of Hodgson and get it done.

But the realist in me knows it will be very tough.

I am not interested in Pou's justifications and statistics in support of our coach's every move and justifying Hodgson, nor am I interested in your own shots at anyone who finds fault with the club, coach or some players.

My opinion is the coach can't deliver a premiership and Hodgson is no longer a first grader.

But I still always hope we win and try to find ways to convince myself we will.

oldmancraigy

Coach
As an eternally optimistic Eels fan, even I see our points differential being negative after this game.

If we get within 10 we have done well.

We need to jag a win this week or next and then regroup during the bye, and put a 2-3 game win streak together. With troops coming back in coming weeks I think there is hope for this season, just can't afford a pumping tonight to completely shatter the confidence levels.

King-Gutho94

Coach
As an eternally optimistic Eels fan, even I see our points differential being negative after this game.

If we get within 10 we have done well.

We need to jag a win this week or next and then regroup during the bye, and put a 2-3 game win streak together. With troops coming back in coming weeks I think there is hope for this season, just can't afford a pumping tonight to completely shatter the confidence levels.
Yeah souths are the one side we have shown we just can't even come close with even when we were a top 4 team let alone a bottom 4 side.

Everyone has there bogey team unfortunately it's Souths for us.

The last time it wasn't 13+ defeat was 2018 ironically.

hindy111

Post Whore
You got it arse up. You said they have shit attack.

BTW, no need to be a bitch.

f**k u. I apologise.

But yes they scored two huge wins that helped there Attack look good. Most games it's looked clunky and nothing like Souths who look smoothe.

eels_fan

First Grade
Hate to say it but I can’t see us getting within 20 points.

they’ve only had a total of 3 tries conceded in the last 3 weeks.

if we come out of the game still with a positive f&a I’d almost take that as a win

Latest posts