1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to Round 12 of the NRL and Super League restart, with news, player stories, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's huge 44-page programme is a milestone in rugby league - the first global match programme covering both NRL and Super League under the same umbrella.

Some great features this week - an important chat Josh Wells has with a concussion expert on the way sports media approach head injuries; Paul Jobber speaks to Connor Watson as the Newcastle hooker position becomes more cursed; and legendary sports writer Steve Mascord joins the team with a piece on how Sunday's Super League restart will work as he interviews Leeds boss Gary Hetherington.

EDITION 10 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

RD12 Vs Sea Eagles

Discussion in 'Penrith Panthers' started by herbert henry1908, Jul 26, 2020.

1. SWIFT

SWIFT Juniors

Who misses out for “DIRTY” Staines:scream:

Mansour or To’o??????

2. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

To'o won't miss out. Staines staying on the field is the issue

WestyLife likes this.
  3. Aliceinwonderland

Aliceinwonderland Bench

Charlie needs a hard pre-season. Sauce will stay for 2020. Maybe in 2021 Staines takes his place.

The kid needs some muscle to help him fill out.

Crashtest, The_Frog and soc123_au like this.
  4. The Realist

The Realist Juniors

Season ending injuries to Gutherson and Smith would be the cherry on top.

5. GongPanther

GongPanther Coach

Woke up early to watch the FA Cup thinking it started at 3:30 am, but started an hour before...and of course watch a replay of the Panthers game. :)

6. Panther Pete

Panther Pete Juniors

I am pretty sure in the press conference Ivan said he won’t play next week.

Crashtest and Jane Murray like this.
  7. WestyLife

WestyLife Juniors

Best game they've played. A few moments of bad attack and May had to jump into fullback in the attacking 20 to fix it in a set but overall so good. Sorry to say it but the bench was better with Lenui, Tetevano, Leota and May.

8. WestyLife

WestyLife Juniors

Wishing injury on players is f**ked.

9. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

He was in and out of games last year too. 4-5kg of muscle will do him the world of good. Addo-Carr is 4kg bigger and still fast. That should be the aim

10. Fangs

Fangs Bench

Well that didn't go as expected. We absolutely demolished them. Granted they had a few injuries but it was clear who the better team was.

Staines is putting enormous pressure on Mansour/To'o. We haven't really seen him tested in defence or under the high ball but his skills in attack are tremendous.

One of our best performances of 2020. And one of our strongest sides named as well.

kinghippo, Jane Murray and WestyLife like this.
  11. Jane Murray

Jane Murray Juniors

Hopefully, he will play again this year, at Whare's expense.

12. Thirsty Panther

Thirsty Panther Juniors

Staines is such a weapon. His speed gives us options we never had before. Giving the ball to him early in our own half (as we did against the Sharks) prevents opposition defenses from condensing.

His speed makes Clearys bombs more lethal as he is able to put pressure on the receivers even from our own half. The kid also knows how to find the try-line.

To think his normal position is fullback he certainly impresses.

13. kinghippo

kinghippo Juniors

My favourite play of the game was cleary’s little grubber for himself for the try.
    He has copped a lot of criticism in the past that he has no attacking vision and can’t play what’s in front of him.
    I thought this try and his chip on the 5th after DCE rushed him were brilliant off the cuff pieces that showed off his developing skills.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 10:28 AM
    GongPanther, Pomoz, BxTom and 2 others like this.
  14. Fangs

Fangs Bench

His cut out ball to Staines was better. Seldom seen in first grade but there it was. Positive signs.

15. Panther Pete

Panther Pete Juniors

Every week we play I keep thinking we will have to lose one soon but the boys keep turning up for each other and that was one of the best performances we have put in for a while. I know Ivan has his haters on here but this is one of the best starts to a season we have had in the clubs history and although there is still a long way to go this year he has every player playing to the best of their ability and I think he deserves credit for that.

16. The Realist

The Realist Juniors

I was just kidding around mate, though in the case of Smith - that guy kinda deserves it because his dirty tackling tactics have injured plenty of players.

17. Crashtest

Crashtest Juniors

The great pass was lost by the commentators because of Staines spectacular finish for the try. But that pass alone shows how far Cleary has progressed this season. I love that he threw it to where he wanted Staines to catch it, and that he had faith that Staines would have the speed to get to it.

There's going to be plenty of Cleary try assists to Staines in he future once Staines can stay on the field.

WestyLife, snickers007 and Devilous like this.
  18. WestyLife

WestyLife Juniors

Yeah the game got pretty bad for a few years.

19. Crashtest

Crashtest Juniors

Totally agree with you there.The transformation between last season and this season is phenomenal. Especially when you compare that after 11 rounds last year we were 3 wins 8 losses, compared to the 9 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss this season.

The differences on the field in discipline, completion rates, defence and attack are clearly obvious. But a huge difference thats gone unnoticed in the media are the changes in the culture of the team, which is impressive to be able to achieve that in one off-season.

20. kinghippo

kinghippo Juniors

I think new rules have favoured us a huge amount as well.
    If you think about it, it’s well documented that we are getting the least amount of set restarts ( although I think we did ok yesterday), and giving away a lot.
    Over the Last few years plenty of them would have been penalties, which are much more detrimental and someone often ended up in the bin.
    Our style of relentless forward motion and quick play the balls is exhausting teams and is the kind of footy the new rules encourage.
    We have adapted really well to the changes, which to me is a sign of hard work and planning throughout the club.

Crashtest likes this.