What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13 2024: 750pm Eels v Sharks GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium May 30th

eels_fan

First Grade
Will be like 2009 all over again. Late season charge from the bottom of the ladder to scraping into the 8 and taking that momentum forward thru the finals

don’t think it will happen, but it’s a nice story.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Fun fact: 👀

Next game day thread is 11 days away , and we don’t have the bye in between

Fitzy would have put the cleaners a through his players at training after not turning up vs Storm last week. We win this one it will be well deserved , sharks will turn up

hindy111

Post Whore
Who knew that not dropping the ball, missing f**k all tackles, making 60m a set, kicking long and chasing hard is the way to win a footy match ?

Those aren't weaknesses.Those are playing at your own strengths.
Ivan found actual weaknesses in the Sharks game and exploited them.
You don't understand football

King-Gutho94

Coach
Will be like 2009 all over again. Late season charge from the bottom of the ladder to scraping into the 8 and taking that momentum forward thru the finals

don’t think it will happen, but it’s a nice story.
For us to have a repeat of 2009 does it include a loss to Cronulla at home in origin period on a cold miserable night with SFA people there.

Though the difference is that time Cronulla were on a 11 game losing streak and coming dead last with a busted arse side.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
For us to have a repeat of 2009 does include a loss to Cronulla at home in origin period on a cold miserable night with SFA people there.

Though the difference is that time Cronulla were on a 11 game losing streak and coming dead last with a busted arse side.
Meh, minor detail

TheParraboy

Staff member
From his short stint as head coach (here at Parra) Barrett seems more tactically capable than BA.

Does he have a better squad here than when he was at the dogs?? The first head coaching role at Manly was a huge learning curve I’d imagine.

King-Gutho94

Coach
From his short stint as head coach (here at Parra) Barrett seems more tactically capable than BA.

Does he have a better squad here than when he was at the dogs?? The first head coaching role at Manly was a huge learning curve I’d imagine.
I dont think tactically has ever been Barrett's weakness certainly in attack.

Its been more down to man-management & defensive structures.

I think he learnt too much off sticky and it was never his fault hence why chucked a dummy spit and walked out on Manly. He always came off a bit arrogant for mine as an individual which isn't a trait you want in a head coach.

The bulldogs well good luck they were a mess when he arrived and an even bigger one when he got punted.

It wouldnt surprise me if Gus used him up to buy some more time during the damage control so he can wait for Ciraldo to come in a bit further down the rebuild.

Eelementary

Post Whore
To be fair, morale and confidence can flip on a dime.

At home, with fine weather and a few familiar faces on the field we might just jag a win vs the gummies without their lock and half.

They have a very solid, but not exceptional team.

Can we play for 80 minutes ? Hmmmm well recent history says no. Are we going to miss 40 tackles ? Recent history says yes.

View attachment 88803

The Sharks may be missing players, but they got beat 40-blot last week - they'll be out for revenge.

As you also pointed out, we can't play for 80 minutes.

And we're also on terrible form.

I can't see us winning.