What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14: Parra v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 13/6/21

Jim Rockford

Bench
merging is where it’s at. I’ve always had a fetish for my team to merge. Whats it like when a shit team mergers with another shit team, to become, an overall shit team?
When you mix one pile of shit with another pile of shit you end up with an even bigger pile of shit aka The Wests Mergepies.

crocodile

Bench
I think he’s still in same place he’s been for past 56 odd years
He has but one of his famous retorts would have been useful re the merger business. For those that haven't read his quotes and one-liners:

An attractive model was once heard saying to Churchill that if they ever got together "With my looks and your brains, our children would have a very good start"

To which Churchill replied "Yes, but they're just as likely to have my looks and your brains"

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He has but one of his famous retorts would have been useful re the merger business. For those that haven't read his quotes and one-liners:

An attractive model was once heard saying to Churchill that if they ever got together "With my looks and your brains, our children would have a very good start"

To which Churchill replied "Yes, but they're just as likely to have my looks and your brains"
Sounds like a made up story.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

What about when he said to her "So you're the next Sterlo are ya?"

crocodile

Bench

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't believe so. He's well known for these retorts. Another favourite was when one female MP, Nancy Astor told him that "If you were my husband I'd poison your coffee" To which he responded "If you were my wife I'd drink it"

And the other famous Pearler: "Winston, you're drunk". His reply "You're ugly but I'll be sober in the morning"

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/7768096.Nancy_Astor_the_Viscountess_Astor
He's alright, but he's not as sharp as House.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Oscar Wilde had a few too. Did gaol time for being a shirtlifter. Not sure if that's where his inspiration came from.
I still remember after the salary cap scandal BA fronted the media and said "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." Genius.

crocodile

Bench
I still remember after the salary cap scandal BA fronted the media and said "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." Genius.
I've borrowed that one myself once or twice. He was good.

Latest posts