What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15 2024: Eels v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium June 15th

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Maybe I need to watch the replay but I walked out tonight much happier than I have on many previous occasions.
Yes our selections were diabolical although they did work better than expected with the exception of Lussick but I reckon even TB became convinced considering he hooked him after 12 mins. WTF did BA see in this bloke?
I thought Asi went considerably better as did Lane. Paulo decided to run first for a while and he was better for it but he did fall back into old bad habits.
Our back 5 pretty much stink. Penisin can be so bad defensively at times. Russell was horrible and Blaize needs to learn to tackle. None of the backs communicate defensively.
Matto was great and I thought Reg and Hands really put in as did Talagi. Offy was offy tonight.
I was expecting a massive blow out but generally they put in.
I had a good night and enjoyed myself. Anyway on to next week.
Nice summary and agree with much of it.
still many glaring issues some which will need recruits to fix but others should/could be fixed straightaway

Gronk

Staff member
Maybe I need to watch the replay but I walked out tonight much happier than I have on many previous occasions.
Yes our selections were diabolical although they did work better than expected with the exception of Lussick but I reckon even TB became convinced considering he hooked him after 12 mins. WTF did BA see in this bloke?
I thought Asi went considerably better as did Lane. Paulo decided to run first for a while and he was better for it but he did fall back into old bad habits.
Our back 5 pretty much stink. Penisin can be so bad defensively at times. Russell was horrible and Blaize needs to learn to tackle. None of the backs communicate defensively.
Matto was great and I thought Reg and Hands really put in as did Talagi. Offy was offy tonight.
I was expecting a massive blow out but generally they put in.
I had a good night and enjoyed myself. Anyway on to next week.
My frustration was going down to the red zone and just crabbing from left to right and mostly not finishing a set.

Other than that I agree we played well in patches. How good was that try to Dylan dancing towards the north end ?

Avenger

Immortal
First time I watched a game pre-recorded and didn't know the score. Was probably one of our better performances this season.

I thought Cartwright was our best. He toyed with them out wide.

I'm starting to worry about Gutherson. I think he may be done.

Kelma also played well and it was an improved performance form our main props.

Probably Joffa's worst game for us this season.

Matterson played well.

Dylan Brown did one good thing and was again inconsistent. I think he is a dumb one dimensional player.

Besides Penisini we have no class out wide and that's on MON and his f**ked up recruitment team.

I think we can now draw a line through Barrett as I expect the coach to be announced before we play again in 2 weeks time. Starting to think that Holbrook should now be considered. I thought @chiefy1 made some good points in the Next Coach thread. Are we really going to go for another untested rookie? At least Holbrook has had success overseas and has coached at NRL level with moderate success.

JokerEel

Coach
I don't agree we were the better team tonight. We played pretty well for 15-20 minutes when JWH went to the sin bin and the Roosters went to sleep, but I thought the Roosters had our measure for the rest of the game.

Roosters didn't have shit tonight. Thier form has been crap losing to a shit Cowboys side before the bye.

They scored 2 tries while Kelma was off the field and didn't have to do too much in defence as our attack was putrid.

But in saying that everytime we were attacking their line they would never all be onside. At one stage Walker was already about 5 meters before we even played the ball... It was called but he was that far offside it should have been a professional foul..

Chipmunk

Coach
Roosters didn't have shit tonight. Thier form has been crap losing to a shit Cowboys side before the bye.

They scored 2 tries while Kelma was off the field and didn't have to do too much in defence as our attack was putrid.

But in saying that everytime we were attacking their line they would never all be onside. At one stage Walker was already about 5 meters before we even played the ball... It was called but he was that far offside it should have been a professional foul..
I don't think the Roosters were great, but I felt they always had us covered.

We only scored one try when the Roosters had 13 players on the field.

lucablight

First Grade
I wonder if it's a social thing. Like oh yea Lussicks a really good guy, needs to pay his mortgage, it wouldn't be right to not have him in the 17.

Surely, two coaches cannot make the same mistakes but we see it happening before our eyes.
It’s very frustrating. I’d rather see the new coach take some risks and fail instead of doing the same things over and over again and not get anywhere. The NSW cup side had won 6 out of their last 7. It’s time to reward some of those guys with an opportunity in first grade.

Soto

Bench
I don't think the Roosters were great, but I felt they always had us covered.

We only scored one try when the Roosters had 13 players on the field.
I think you will find we scored twice. Moses and Dylan Brown. Hargrubs was sent to the bin in the 32nd minute and Brown scored in the 41st.
I'm not too dirty on the performance.
The effort was there but we have zero depth. We literally need our best 17 or 18 to be playing.
It's time some players from reserve grade are given a go.
Lussick, Russell, Asi, Makatoa - all very lucky to be in 1st grade.

Gazzamatta

Coach
It’s very frustrating. I’d rather see the new coach take some risks and fail instead of doing the same things over and over again and not get anywhere. The NSW cup side had won 6 out of their last 7. It’s time to reward some of those guys with an opportunity in first grade.
There was some real rubbish stuff in the 2s tonight. The Roosters were pretty bad. Sanders was diabolical and the defence as a whole can be horrible. Id still have Cini on the wing before Russell or Talagi. Emu was average at best. Doreys D aint much good. Guymer, Keir and Parker went ok. Didnt notice Moretti much but it was a game that was hard to hold interest.
We won. I guess thats something. The past head coach haunts the 2s dressing room as well. This is why someone completely different with his own group need to replace much of how boys play.

lucablight

First Grade
Russell has been a huge disappointment as well. I expected this to be his breakout season. I understand that not everyone can be a superstar but I thought he could be a solid role player who doesn’t make mistakes or defensive errors at least. It hasn’t panned out that way. Also bro is terrified of taking risks so he’s not really a threat with ball in hand.