What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15 2024: Eels v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium June 15th

Chipmunk

Coach
I think you will find we scored twice. Moses and Dylan Brown. Hargrubs was sent to the bin in the 32nd minute and Brown scored in the 41st.
I'm not too dirty on the performance.
The effort was there but we have zero depth. We literally need our best 17 or 18 to be playing.
It's time some players from reserve grade are given a go.
Lussick, Russell, Asi, Makatoa - all very lucky to be in 1st grade.
We scored twice against 12 and one try against 13.

hindy111

Post Whore
It’s all pretty easy. f**ks me how teams don’t win every week.

So you would suggest a short drop out aimed towards the best centre in game and a known great catcher (Crighton last week) is the way to go?
See I would say kick the short drop outs to Brosnon Xerri.

I would also put up bombs to our best catchers or tallest players. That beeing LANE and Matterson.
I would not force a line drop out with 40 seconds to go in the half. May as well gamble and run it.
I would not go for a field goal for a 3 point lead either.
But I'm just a simple IDOT

Pazza

First Grade
So you would suggest a short drop out aimed towards the best centre in game and a known great catcher (Crighton last week) is the way to go?

I would also put up bombs to our best catchers or tallest players. That beeing LANE and Matterson.
I would not force a line drop out with 40 seconds to go in the half. May as well gamble and run it.

Sivo has always been pretty safe in the air but I've never seen us put up a bomb to him

Soto

Bench
Seriously the Roosters fan and whinging more than anything on twitter about Poor JWH..

Maybe he gets targeted because he is an actual grub..
The amount of fines he has had is ridiculous. I thought there is a limit.
He should've been suspended last game for a dog shot on Mikaele from the Cows...don't know how he got off that one. Yet gets off again from last night...that's right. He's in a roosters jersey. If he was in a parra jersey he wouldve been suspended for the rest of the yr

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our attack inside the 20 is rubbish too much panic and not enough calmness.

Our players are either too deep or stagnet so when a backline play is on it always looks like we don't have players in motion to add any momentum or flow to any movement we are trying to produce and it stalls.
Interestingly the Roosters use the fewest decoys in the NRL: https://www.nrl.com/stats/teams/?competition=111&season=2024&stat=1000002

However they have scored the most tries: https://www.nrl.com/stats/teams/?competition=111&season=2024&stat=38

I don't know if it proves anything about decoys. Maybe it says if you have enough expensive strike players you don't need to waste energy on decoys. Just get the defensive backpedaling and then shift it to the likes of Manu, Tedesco, Sua'ali'i, Young, Smith and Tupou.

JokerEel

Coach
The amount of fines he has had is ridiculous. I thought there is a limit.
He should've been suspended last game for a dog shot on Mikaele from the Cows...don't know how he got off that one. Yet gets off again from last night...that's right. He's in a roosters jersey. If he was in a parra jersey he wouldve been suspended for the rest of the yr

Shocking how the Roosters fans complain he gets targeted 😂 like you said if he was an Eels player he would be out for months

Wally21

Bench

What would you know Hindy, you aren’t from Perth. same as what would Brandy know. He’s a dick but he rightly called that our kick chase is garbage and we leak points that way. But what would he know, he doesn’t know how to read stats…