What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Eels v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 18/6/22

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Imagine if he had to make a serious life decision. f**king hell.
I'd guess he'd consider that more seriously than some poorly thought out attempt at a winning points league question that would bore the pants off even the most the most ardent supporter.

Or maybe he wouldn't. I'd need at least 3 seasons worth of data to make that call.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'd guess he'd consider that more seriously than some poorly thought out attempt at a winning points league question that would bore the pants off even the most the most ardent supporter.

Or maybe he wouldn't. I'd need at least 3 seasons worth of data to make that call.
My risk appetite was very different when I had nothing to lose. But now I have an abundance of personal electronic devices it’s just smart to choose appropriate luggage.

hindy111

Post Whore
My risk appetite was very different when I had nothing to lose. But now I have an abundance of personal electronic devices it’s just smart to choose appropriate luggage.

In general smarter people with not a huge amount of financial backing will take less risks cause they can understand the consequences.
It's easy to take risks if the losses won't effect you or if your to stupid to understand the consequences of your decision so it's annoying when people want to tell you " You should buy this stock or crypto "
I'd like to be able too.But the risk isn't worth it for me.

EelsFan05

Bench
You're the one who reckons good decisions can be made on flimsy evidence. Why don't you throw your life savings into Bitcoin because it 'always bounces back'? Buy the dip, merkin.
I never said that fool. Nice try at flipping the narrative. I just want you to tell me what number of games is sufficient. But you duck and weave better than a prize fighter.

EelsFan05

Bench
Well eventually that happens to all players, but a 19 year old will generally get much better before he gets worse.
This coming from the idiot that backed Sandow to the hilt. While he was playing consistent garbage footy and crashing lease cars and fleeing the scene. Pou is the Stevie Wonder of the football talent scout scene.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I never said that fool. Nice try at flipping the narrative. I just want you to tell me what number of games is sufficient. But you duck and weave better than a prize fighter.
You’re asking for an objective sample size to inform a subjective judgement. Do you not see how stupid that is?

I would say he’s already played enough games to show he’s good enough for reserve grade. But how many reserve grade games is required to prove a player will make it in first grade? I don’t think any number of games would prove that. We’ve seen proven first graders come down to NSW Cup and fail to stand out, and also seen merkins star in this grade while never becoming first graders.

But Jake Arthur has definitely shown enough for me to say he’s been carving up in reserve grade. What more can he do in that grade? He is consistent and highly effective, which is only impressive given his age. If he was 26 and playing like this I would have written him off already. Do you see how it’s not as simple as WhEn Is ThE sAmPlE bIg EnOuGh??!?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This coming from the idiot that backed Sandow to the hilt. While he was playing consistent garbage footy and crashing lease cars and fleeing the scene. Pou is the Stevie Wonder of the football talent scout scene.
Sandow was awesome behind Souths’ pack. But banning the shoulder charge made him a defensive liability.

emjaycee

Coach
You’re asking for an objective sample size to inform a subjective judgement. Do you not see how stupid that is?

I would say he’s already played enough games to show he’s good enough for reserve grade. But how many reserve grade games is required to prove a player will make it in first grade? I don’t think any number of games would prove that. We’ve seen proven first graders come down to NSW Cup and fail to stand out, and also seen merkins star in this grade while never becoming first graders.

But Jake Arthur has definitely shown enough for me to say he’s been carving up in reserve grade. What more can he do in that grade? He is consistent and highly effective, which is only impressive given his age. If he was 26 and playing like this I would have written him off already. Do you see how it’s not as simple as WhEn Is ThE sAmPlE bIg EnOuGh??!?
Finally you have explained yourself and made sense.
Thanks for that.

By the way, how many games is a big enough sample size again?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You missed a f**ken comma!!!
Gordon Ramsey Food GIF by BBC

Latest posts