What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Eels v Dragons LIVE game day thread 28/6/18

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Doesn’t do your health any good mate when you keep at
Meh i blew up last night but today honestly I'm over it, this team has a way of making you numb. Anyone who can continually find the positives in following this team need a medal but doesn't mean everyone is able to or really should have too.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Im wondering if Scotts retirement means we get another top 30 spot for the remainder of the year .... otherwise i cannot see a reason for him announcing it just before june 30. Coincidence? I reckon theres gotta be something to it ...... so i reckon mahoney might get into the top 30
Did we ever announce a 29th player let alone a 30th??? Add in Kenny going as well and you would hope they find spot for Mahoney. Hopefully Stone can get a run in the last 9 games as well.

strider

Post Whore
Run out of battery on my phone and the dragqueens score two late tries

Dragons at the start I thought were gonna destroy us. More composed, just looked like they were gonna pounce

Mannah coming on in the 15th minute made a huge difference. His line speed defensively was the best on the park, they didn’t want to run at him. Plus that massive break for that try to give us confidence.

We should have closed it out with 6-7 min to go but gave them a sniff and they scored two tries via kicks. Our defence was outstanding all game bar those two kicks

Dragons are not a top 4 side. Hunt was terrible bar that kick to set up a try. They will be out fairly quickly in the semis.

At 18-8 and bar the last 5 min, was totally proud the way we played. Hayne stepped up I thought and only got one quality ball and he scored from it.
Nice post .... agree .... although i think the dragons will be in the mix in the finals

Despite the sooking (and i was a whiney f**king mess after the game too ... im sure my neighbours think i have tourettes) - we did well ... i realise the dragons were a bit flat but they are a quality side high on confidence with no injuries this year

Gronk

Staff member
Nice post .... agree .... although i think the dragons will be in the mix in the finals

Despite the sooking (and i was a whiney f**king mess after the game too ... im sure my neighbours think i have tourettes) - we did well ... i realise the dragons were a bit flat but they are a quality side high on confidence with no injuries this year

Not hard to find a bunch of positives out of last nights game. Marata was wonderful on the edge. Hayne didn’t see the ball much but his touches were quaility and he was tough in defence. Norman played well. Moses was in everything. Tim was great. Peni didn’t drop the ball.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it as a pretty decent effort, 3 tries a piece against the team on top of the ladder and playing at their home stadium

the difference between the two teams was only that first penalty, hell even the commentators said we were the best team for 3/4 of the game

a much improved effort

strider

Post Whore
Marata was great but he was absolutely gassed and cramping to wards the end - which shows what a step up playing 80 mins of nrl is

Hayne was really good .... norman was on last night aswell

mannah is really good coming off the bench - will be good with alvaro+paulo starting and mannah a bench option next year

eel01s

Bench
I wasn't upset at the end of game. It is just that kind of year when nothing goes our way. You get used to it.

We tried hard, but still lost. To me those first two mistakes under the posts set the tone. It just wasn't meant to be.

I will say MJ needs to go. Now. We have to find a way to make it happen .

TheParraboy

Staff member
Again, when did I run off and have a cry about words on an internet forum?

Im not saying what you cried about .... but you absolutely had a cry and announced it to the world and sulked off

5th May
Rd 9 game day thread
Chipmunk said:
Anyway muppets, enjoy your dribbling for the rest of the season

Call me when we've got some better middle forwards

Catch you next season.

Chipmunk said:
I'll still be a fan and be watching every game, I just won't bother dribbling with the rest of you in here.

Catch you on the flipside as they say.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
On the scapegoats yeah Smith made some poor mistakes!! But he is only a back up player.

However on Taka, yeah it was a stupid pass at the end but overall I thought he went pretty good last night. Made good metres and look dangerous in attack. Didn’t think he was that bad in defence either. Look good on the edge.

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So before the game, we were going to get flogged against the comp leaders and BA has no idea!!

After the game we actually went ok and nearly defeated the comp leaders and only lost by a penalty goal. And still BA has no idea!!

Delboy

First Grade
Cummings looked at the touchy ( female one) when Sims ran into the back of Jennings, play on all day as Jenko didn't even see Sims. So a side on touch judge signals interference, Cummings gives us nothing and that was another example, led by the touchy.
Not the only reason we lost, but another frustrating one that changed momentum late in the game.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Cummings looked at the touchy ( female one) when Sims ran into the back of Jennings, play on all day as Jenko didn't even see Sims. So a side on touch judge signals interference, Cummings gives us nothing and that was another example, led by the touchy.
Not the only reason we lost, but another frustrating one that changed momentum late in the game.

Agree

She saw Simms go down and thought we were in the wrong, there no way at all she could have seen what really happened from her angle

Inexperience maybe?

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Agree

She saw Simms go down and thought we were in the wrong, there no way at all she could have seen what really happened from her angle

Inexperience maybe?
We are last and are meant to lose, it's as simple as that. The top sides always get the rub of the green. They are expected to win the refs referee accordingly.

How they gave the held up one a try when the touchy was right there is anyones guess.

Latest posts