What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Bluebet Stadium 2/7/21

Gazzamatta

Coach
Lots in our favour tonight. A fair performance by the officials will add to our chances. A huge opportunity for team and Moses. If we can be contenders, tonight's the night to show it. Also time for Mitch to realise one of his dreams.
Eels by 14. ICE 3. GUTHO 2. MOSES 1.
Let's go boys.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Great test! Although I feel it will be a similar scoreline as last night with the Panthers dominating!

The Storm and Panthers are so far ahead of the rest it isn't even funny.

We have too many errors in us to really trouble a side as good as the Panthers, with or without Cleary.

Go the Eels!

Id be pretty disappointed if we got a big score put on us tbh...

We have had two weeks to prepare for this with all our players in tact (other than Reed who was never going to play here, and Junior on Origin duty). Panthers have their best 6-7 players, including most of their spine unavailable to prepare last week, and id say limited runs at training for origin players this week. Of course losing Cleary for the match as well

On top it all off, they were expected to run out on a sell out home crowd, now they lose that advantage

Am expecting us to put in a good showing. We have the bye next week, followed by Titans (away) , then Canberra at home. Could make a huge crack at a top 2 spot by winning tonight

Eels by 1

Tooooks

Bench
Late mail, Paulo to bench, Marata to start (not really a surprise I guess). No mention of Opa. He may want to play.

Gronk

Staff member
Foxsports reckon Opacic playing

Late Mail: The Eels shift Junior Paulo to the bench with Marata Niukore named to play prop.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Foxsports reckon Opacic playing

Late Mail: The Eels shift Junior Paulo to the bench with Marata Niukore named to play prop.

Looks like he's playing. Will probably have to leave The Bubble after tonight but the team does have 2 weeks to their next game.

eels_fan

First Grade
That’s a big call.

I know he may want to play to keep his mind off things, but I don’t know how we could expect him to be fully focused