What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (27/8/20)

hindy111

Post Whore
Well, the lads sure look second rate atm. They certainly don't know how to fight back onne they're up against it. From here on in, this is about BA the coach, and I'm not liking our chances. I've remained loyal to his appointment through thick and thin, but I've had enough of these inept performances from our players and coaching staff. That performance tonight was just another example of what we're consistent at every year.

BA does not improve a side from rnd one.
He is unable to fix problems. We seen out issues after two weeks. The defense on both sides has been an issue with teams finding an overlap and scoring untouched to easy...
The NO support play has been going on for years.

South side had a Rookie backline basically and ate us up. Unsure if we have a game plan that suits our players.

With this side it cant beat smarter and better coached sides. Wont happen. Must turn them into a grubby grinding side. Slow that game down. March up field and play a game of forcemans back....

hindy111

Post Whore
It is going to gut me if the Panthers win this year. They'll have had 3 premierships in 3 different decades since our last.

I'd blow my beans multiple times. If we can't win it I hope they do. Who wants Storm or Roosters to win it ffs.

hindy111

Post Whore
How many teams win the comp every year? 'Calling the season' must mean different things to you and I. We should discuss this further over a big chewy Former Tennant.

The point is which I always make.

Do we fix problems that have early in season?
Does the footy we play in round 2 or 3 get better by the end of season as combos gel?

I never have witnessed this under BA.
However we turn out in the first few weeks is what we are. And whatever problems just get more and more exposed.

hindy111

Post Whore
All good mate. I'm not calm and positive, just apathetic - I genuinely gave up giving a shit after our 29-0 loss to the Cowboys in 2005.

Yes it's just a game. I think we all acknowledge that. We go to bed and wake up with our own lives. But it is nice to give a shit and play pretend coach. Gives us an interest away from the stresses of the world at times. I enjoy that.
Yes reality is 16 teams are wanting to win. And 8 will lose every week

hindy111

Post Whore
We won't sack him because we are gutless but if we did who would you take? I have one coach in mind that I think would be a chance if we offered him serious money even though he is under contract and another who has at least won a comp.

Gus Gould. Save him from NZ. Offer 2 million

hindy111

Post Whore
Time to boil his bald head an sacrifice him to the god of shit coaches (Kearney).

He is a ok coach. And done a good job. But won't win you a title.
I do not hate BA. I like what he has done and idea bought to team. Tactically I just dont rate

hindy111

Post Whore
It was pure syphilis. I used to buy the paper every day back then rather than read it digitally. I'd get it at the train station and read it on the way to work.

I didn't buy the paper for 2 weeks afterwards because I didn't want to read anything about league. Used the off season to work on getting a f**ken life.

I prefer the paper but when I bought it was $1.....

hindy111

Post Whore
Guys like Salmon, Taka, Dunster all need to be considered.

I'd still love W.Smith on the bench as a 14. Stone is not a hooker. Smith could bring some attack. Perfect for last 20 mins

But we're heaps good at defense and can grind out wins...

,,,or something.

In all honesty we had about 3 or 4 chances in the first 10 minutes and we blew them all because we can't string anything together for shit. Then Souths scored. Then it was over.

Our centres are crap. Sivo is crap. Lane is crap. Kaufusi is crap.

Seriously - Will Smith to fullback, Gutherson to centre (drop one of those plodders), Dunster in for Sivo, Niukore in for Lane, Taka in for Kaufusi.

EDIT - After reading hindy's post, I'd also consider Salmon at centre, and maybe leaving Gutherson at the back.

Incorrect

Coach
Waqa Blake needs to be dropped but I'm just not sure who we put there. Taka I guess.

Further on Waqa Blake, someone needs to show him the interview with Roger Tuivasa-Sheck earlier this season on The Fan. They showed RTS a bunch of photos from throughout his career and asked him if he remembered each game they were taken in. They showed one from his schoolboy days where he was mid-air running the ball back in to the defensive line. And he said, i"f my Dad saw that he would have got stuck in to me for leaving my feet" - his old man's theory was that if you do that skip at the defensive line you lose momentum and give the defence a better chance to react... Waqa Blake is still doing that stupid skip in the air despite the fact that it has fooled nobody his whole career. I even saw Matterson trying it last night...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its really weird how a team, can have one of the best defenses in the competition and just fold like this, whether its Eels or who ever

shit like this happens and can be very frustrating

moving on

Spooner

Juniors
Guys like Salmon, Taka, Dunster all need to be considered.

I'd still love W.Smith on the bench as a 14. Stone is not a hooker. Smith could bring some attack. Perfect for last 20 mins

it wasn’t a dream - unfortunately it was reality.
I think there is a lot of sense in what you are saying - but none of these players have have had the opportunity of playing reserve grade. Could you make such sweeping changes?
Bring back G.Jennings for Sivo. Sivo is lost out there. He is clueless in defensive structures. Alternatively go with Dunster - he would be better at playing in a system than Sivo.
I think Davies has got to start over Lane. He did nothing wrong. He is s tough as nails and will give 100%.
I love Gutherson’s effort level and commitment but don’t consider him a top line fullback. Maybe centre is his go.

Latest posts