What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (27/8/20)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Of course a 20 year old kid would say he’s fine, but he came out even after half time surely the suppose Brains trust could see he was no good???
Plenty of merkins play injured. Moses has a f**ked leg. It's up to the player to be honest about his injuries.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That’s not what I asked. You said we won some games this season that we weren’t expected to win. I’m asking which specific games you’re referring to.
The specific games are irrelevant. Only idiots think if you win two in a row you should finish the season undefeated. But good and bad form doesn't last forever. Eventually everyone shits themselves and the last team standing gets a Provan-Summons Medal

Eelementary

Post Whore
If by 'real deal' you mean deserving of premiership favouritism, then we aren't. But if you mean we're a good team then we are, and belting us makes Souths the real deal.

Their entire spine has played Origin and 100+ NRL games ffs. Reynolds is about to hit 200 games. They are mature too. The only youngster among the four is Latrell Mitchell.

Meanwhile our spine has no Origin experience, and includes a couple of kids with less than a hundred games between them. We shouldn't expect this team to have great attack. We need to get into the grind and stay there. Next year we can expect more from Drown and Mahoney. This year we should expect what we're getting.

Moses needs to do more but he just looks off the pace and it seems to be affecting his confidence. That low percentage offload to Nrown last night started the rot. It was a dumb decision and uncharacteristic. It's like they started caring that everyone was writing off our attack. The goal is to win, not score off every half chance. We built no pressure and got our pants pulled down and our tiny penises laughed at.

Good points.

I'm not sure what the median meant, but they were quick to say we weren't the "real deal" (which I took to mean that they think we can't win the Premiership), but as soon as Souths smashed us, the same media people lost their minds.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Good points.

I'm not sure what the median meant, but they were quick to say we weren't the "real deal" (which I took to mean that they think we can't win the Premiership), but as soon as Souths smashed us, the same media people lost their minds.
Yep. They've created a narrative and it looks like even our players bought into it. That's our first flogging of the year, and nobody expected it. But plenty of merkins are pretending they did after the fact.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yep. They've created a narrative and it looks like even our players bought into it. That's our first flogging of the year, and nobody expected it. But plenty of merkins are pretending they did after the fact.

I sure as hell didn't expect it; I probably expected another loss, or two, because we seemed to be riding our luck lately.

But that scoreline was a total surprise.

Spooner

Juniors
Sivo was lost at sea. Dunster or G.Jennings (if available) will replace him.

Sivo cannot play in the finals. Great option in attack but way to expensive in defence. Storm / Roosters will target him with set plays / bombs if he plays. They have worked out that he does not know how to play the game.

hindy111

Post Whore
Also miss out on unnecessary pain. We can get joy in other areas of life. For instance, after the game last night I got my Dwarven druid up to level 20. It was f**king sweet, and I wasn't relying on anyone else for my happiness. In fact I was completely alone with my computer.

f**k your complicated...I ate jelly beans

hindy111

Post Whore
I cried when we missed the finals one year when i was a kid .... i was spoilt in the 80s, expected every year to be a good one

I get angry at the time of the game nowdays ... but i dont stay angry - just disappointed

Jellybeans....

Latest posts