What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD16: Parramata Eels Vs Newcastle Pirtek Stadium 3pm 29/6/14

oldmancraigy

Coach
As a pathological devil's advocate I don't feel the need to point out Anderson's successes - every merkin loves Ando, that's why he was brought back to the club in a cushy admin role. I'm well aware he took an average side to a grand final and that win at Kogarah was one of the greatest finals performances of all time. I reckon the coach deserves plenty of credit for that.

But if he had any lasting effect on the club it wasn't pretty, unless you think he had any hand in this year's relative 'success' (and we are currently only mid table) four years later.

But what if that is the kind of success Ando brings?

I would be pumped about it for the next 12 months, but it would get a bit tired after that...
And I wouldn't keep on banging on about the resurgance he brought to the club.

So far, under a stable and supportive board, Anderson has a fantastic record (the turnaround under 3p and the turnaround from last season). But that might be skewing evidence to support the conclusion someone is looking for..... surely nobody would resort to that style of argumentation?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But what if that is the kind of success Ando brings?

Well do you reckon it is? I don't think it's a realistic assessment.

I would be pumped about it for the next 12 months, but it would get a bit tired after that...
And I wouldn't keep on banging on about the resurgance he brought to the club.
That's because nobody talks about him. I 'bang on about' Kearney because people keep putting shit on him and blaming him whenever anything goes wrong.

I'm just playing devil's advocate. I also reckon Stuart did some great things in his brief time here. Unpopular opinions I know, but I'm f**ken stoked that most rugby league fans disagree with me.

So far, under a stable and supportive board, Anderson has a fantastic record (the turnaround under 3p and the turnaround from last season). But that might be skewing evidence to support the conclusion someone is looking for..... surely nobody would resort to that style of argumentation?
Well if you didn't think Anderson had done a good job you wouldn't be looking for evidence to support that would you? There's nothing wrong with looking for the positives. Any idiot can criticise. ;-)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So he mentioned its because J Paulo is terrible defensively and weak as pi** in the tough and physical start to most games? Or was there another reason?

I think it just means we are going to play Newcastle through the middle rather than on the edges. At least early on.

This will nullify Newcastle's certain gameplan to bring the line speed out wide, but doesn't exactly play to our strengths.

Chipmunk

Coach
I looked at the team lists today and thought to myself this Knights team really should be alot better than running last. I think they have shown in the first half they are more than capable.

Some of the decisions relating to kicks today have been nothing short of disgraceful

Outside of the one flash of magic from The Plane we haven't really shown too much and we have been out own worse enemy.

The next 40 minutes will show us whether Parra a genuine Top 8 contender or whether they will battle it out for positions 11-13.