What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17: Parra v Warriors GAME DAY thread (6/9/20)

Chipmunk

Coach
Pennys have only beaten bottom 8 teams in the last month. They’ll be odds on favourites at @hineyrulz Bet.com.

It will be all about the D next week.

Perhaps it’s misguided optimism, but they are always close games where anything can happen. Yes they are in amazing form but you never know...
10 of their past 11 wins have all been against the bottom 10 sides in the comp. Interesting game to see where both teams really are.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I actually think we played very well considering the fast tempo of the game. The Warriors are in great form and would have beaten many sides today. We hung on because our defence saved us, again. Gutherson was absolutely exhausted when he was interviewed. Every player can make mistakes under fatigue and both sides were absolutely spent after the game.

Whatever Trent Elkin had done has made us the fittest we have been in many years. This has won us plenty of games. I am one of our biggest critics but I'm ecstatic with today's result. This was always a danger game for us and we came up trumps.

I'm excited.

The ref put away the whistle for six again in the ruck for about the last 50 mins or so, that slowed the tempo and suited the warriors, we were f**king killing them with play the ball speed while he was calling them off.

Gronk

Staff member
Parra presser: 3’ 21” and they cut BA off talking about stuff.

Warriors presser: 6’ 35”

FFS

Soto

Bench
A neutral observer would say that was a great game.
However they would say Parra are not the same team from earlier in the year and will be out in straight sets in the semis.
Our attack is fkd. How many times did we submit to not run behind one of our players?
The fluency and cohesion is not there. It hasn't been there for 2 months. Clearly a massive problem there.
Warriors were gallant, in good form, nothing to lose and were revved up.
We did play better and i think the up tempo game and more dummy half running suits us.
I think Jai Field was a good inclusion. Tackled well, showed his blistering speed and took first pass off the ruck a few times.
Would try and kick for him to chase as a trick shot.
Today did it for me with Sivo. Has to go im afraid.
Offers nothing in hitups, positionally caught out again a few times too. G Jennings or Dunster have to come in.
Top 4 is the goal and a new comp starts in the semis but we have to be alot better...

strider

Post Whore
Reed was good. Provided more direct attack for us instead of the same pass to the first receiver or go for a 20m pass...
Need to mix it up and keep the opposition guessing.
If there is one marker should be instructed run, run, run
yeah - he looked like he was trying hard to engage the markers today

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon if Panthers don't put 50 on us mate then they have failed to show they are the real deal. Seriously, based on comments from posters on here and the Fox commentators we are that shit house that we probably deserve to be fighting the Dogs and Drongo's for the spoon.

What straws am I clutching at?
We have played 17 games and won 13 of them. Whether we can perform in the semi's remains to be seen cause last time I looked there were still 3 rounds to go before we need to worry about that.
One week at a time.... One game at a time.

At 16-0 Mahoney rolls in a nice kick. KE should of scored. 22-0 would end up half-time lead.
Instead a 7 tackle set. They score a freaky try and go back to back with another lucky try. That was a huge turning point.
All 3 of their tries had a lot of luck. We had 4 that could have been scored bar bad luck. Fergo,KE,Mahoney and Guthersons which was probably a try.

Our problem is we don't play for 80mins. We are eratic. At 16-0 we take foot off pedal. Intensity drops. Moses doesn't stick to a game plan at all. The guy goes to shit when pressure is on.

Kane Evan I am happy your going. The guy is bog average and goes down as one of our poor recruits.
Sivo has another under 50mtrs game. This guy shits me. No speed, poor defense and can't read a game. His only use is hit ups. This is his strengths. 47mtrs....Good stuff.

What I did like was Mahoney looked like the kind in under 20s. Some nice scoots from dummer half. And Waqa Blake was fantastic.
Shame we where not able to kick on at 16-0 amd give Brown,Jnr,Lane,Matto less minutes. 5 day turnaround against a great side.

I'd consider resting guys and just basicaly forfeit this next game. Then get ready for the last 3. Our middles are going to be spent come finals. Kafusi had only 8 minutes today.

hindy111

Post Whore
Moral victory for the Warriors, mental loss for the Eels. Personally, I gained no satisfaction from that win. We still have flat footed attack, sus defence, and won that one with the rub of the green. An Eels supporter doesn't live to 110...FFS!

We where rusty. But NZ did play quite good. And their tries all had an element of ass.

Latest posts