What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17: Parra v Warriors GAME DAY thread (6/9/20)

hindy111

Post Whore
Sivo has to be dumped for the next game. We should of blooded someone this week so they had 4 weeks before finals. Now isnt to late.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I finally watched the full replay - my thoughts as follows:

* I thought our attack was improved; we made quite a few linebreaks, which I believe are a great indicator of attack

* Mahoney looked very good, before his injury

* Matterson was immense

* RCG was awesome

* Gutherson is such a smart player; his kick for Field's try was sublime.

We still have work to do, but I thought it was an improved performance.

jk13

First Grade
Still passing to people standing still 10m behind the ruck. Good win but good teams just eat that up

Bandwagon

Staff member
I'd consider resting guys and just basicaly forfeit this next game. Then get ready for the last 3. Our middles are going to be spent come finals. Kafusi had only 8 minutes today.

Why rest blokes in a game that if we do win we're all but guaranteed top four, when we then play lesser sides for the next two weeks that we're still a chance to win with blokes out?

We beat Penrith then we can asses our position for the final two games, and rest blokes accordingly. I agree some blokes really look like they could use a week off, i don't agree that giving up the game as lost already is the right approach.

I don't reckon we'll beat Penrith, on current form, full strength or not, but throwing the game isn't the answer.

T.S Quint

Coach
It was great to get a win after last weeks disappointing effort, but gee it would have been nice to close it out earlier and keep my blood pressure down.
We were in full control of that game up until the Warriors scored their first try, but we just seemed to panic from that point and went away from what was working.
I’ll give the Warriors plenty of credit, they played well and did a great job keeping the ball alive to score their tries. Just one of those days where their passes and kicks just went exactly where they were supposed to.

That first 30 minutes had some awesome attacking footy from the Eels. Roll it up through the middle, throw in some short passes around the ruck, go wide when the defence is compressed. Then the errors began creeping into the game. The mistake by Jennings and Sivo bumping into each other going for the ball is unforgivable. That was a 7 tackle set for us that turned into a drop out. The fact that the miscommunication happened again with two other players was not a good sign that we are working well as a team. Mistakes like that shouldn’t happen once let alone twice.

Bombed a couple of tries, but Fergo’s was a very difficult pickup off the ground. Evans probably should have scored his but not sure if he copped a bad bounce or if he just misjudged it completely.

I’d normally not be so critical and enjoy the fact that we won, but we are coming into Finals now and need to get these things right. We have to take our chances when they are presented and not shit the bed when something goes wrong for us. At 16-0 it should never have ended up so close.

T.S Quint

Coach
One more thing.
Can Moses please learn how to set up for a field goal properly. Could he not see that he needed to be much deeper because the play the ball was so slow, the defence was always going to get in his face quickly. He was obviously thinking about taking one, which was the right decision. He just was never in a good position to do so.

Soto

Bench
It was great to get a win after last weeks disappointing effort, but gee it would have been nice to close it out earlier and keep my blood pressure down.
We were in full control of that game up until the Warriors scored their first try, but we just seemed to panic from that point and went away from what was working.
I’ll give the Warriors plenty of credit, they played well and did a great job keeping the ball alive to score their tries. Just one of those days where their passes and kicks just went exactly where they were supposed to.

That first 30 minutes had some awesome attacking footy from the Eels. Roll it up through the middle, throw in some short passes around the ruck, go wide when the defence is compressed. Then the errors began creeping into the game. The mistake by Jennings and Sivo bumping into each other going for the ball is unforgivable. That was a 7 tackle set for us that turned into a drop out. The fact that the miscommunication happened again with two other players was not a good sign that we are working well as a team. Mistakes like that shouldn’t happen once let alone twice.

Bombed a couple of tries, but Fergo’s was a very difficult pickup off the ground. Evans probably should have scored his but not sure if he copped a bad bounce or if he just misjudged it completely.

I’d normally not be so critical and enjoy the fact that we won, but we are coming into Finals now and need to get these things right. We have to take our chances when they are presented and not shit the bed when something goes wrong for us. At 16-0 it should never have ended up so close.
Seeing Fergo and Gutho smack into each was laughable...wasn't like it was a crowd of 80000 so they couldn't hear each other

hindy111

Post Whore
Why rest blokes in a game that if we do win we're all but guaranteed top four, when we then play lesser sides for the next two weeks that we're still a chance to win with blokes out?

We beat Penrith then we can asses our position for the final two games, and rest blokes accordingly. I agree some blokes really look like they could use a week off, i don't agree that giving up the game as lost already is the right approach.

I don't reckon we'll beat Penrith, on current form, full strength or not, but throwing the game isn't the answer.

Burn out. 5 day turn rnd...

Bandwagon

Staff member
Burn out. 5 day turn rnd...

We rest blokes against the Tigers and or the Broncos and they get two weeks off, a week closer to the finals. With the real chance that we still win, and knowing more about our chances of retaining a top four spot.

All that aside, what good does essentially conceding we are no show to beat the Panthers, what kind of message does that send to the squad?

emjaycee

Coach
I say field our best available 17 and wipe this look of his face
images

and put this one there instead

images

hindy111

Post Whore
We rest blokes against the Tigers and or the Broncos and they get two weeks off, a week closer to the finals. With the real chance that we still win, and knowing more about our chances of retaining a top four spot.

All that aside, what good does essentially conceding we are no show to beat the Panthers, what kind of message does that send to the squad?

I like this idea better. We win our next 2 and rest everyone against Tigers